I just bought a dreamcast!!

blueskies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, $30 was the cheapest for a like new quality game.. i don't really mind buying ONE game when I'm getting so many for free. I just didn't want any hassle, or have to constantly check the .nfo for 'where can I not go' directions.. pain in the ass really.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
wolffangalchemist said:
to bad you can't get the original disc for Half Life on the DC, seeing as it was a leaked beta and the game was never released.
SUUUUPPPEEEERRRR LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG LOAAADDDINGGG SCREEENNSSS!!!!

And don't forget the memory card bug! lol A great game tho.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not yet. I don't want to waste any cdr till necessary. I got an NTSC-U unit to pick up on WED. So I'll test those disks out on that one.

Edit: does it matter if I got ver 1.2 of utopia rather than 1.1?

Edit 2: All shenmue disks fit in 700MB disks.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
yeah, i heard about that the file gets bigger and bigger each time you save right?
though can't you just erase the old save and make a new one each time in game(i don't have a VMU yet, damn slow ass mail...)

QUOTE(Bloodgod @ Aug 25 2009, 01:21 AM) not yet. I don't want to waste any cdr till necessary. I got an NTSC-U unit to pick up on WED. So I'll test those disks out on that one.

Edit: does it matter if I got ver 1.2 of utopia rather than 1.1?

Edit 2: All shenmue disks fit in 700MB disks.

dryo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok then it's time for some MAAAAAAARRRRRVEELLLLLL VS CAPCOM 2, AND RIVAL SCHOOLS 2, SHENMUE,SEGA BASS FISHING BUY EVRYTHING YOU CAN FROM DREAMCAST....call sega for their called back products you could arrange a deal.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
wolffangalchemist said:
TrolleyDave said:
yeah, i heard about that the file gets bigger and bigger each time you save right?
though can't you just erase the old save and make a new one each time in game(i don't have a VMU yet, damn slow ass mail...)

Yeah that's the bug! I grabbed it when it was a 0-hour thing and starting playing it and wondered what the hell was going on when my VMU kept filling up lol. I don't know about the deleting the old save and making a new one in game, I've never read anything about it and never actually thought to try that! I've never actually played the PC version so can't tell you if it's the same or anything but it is a damn good play, really enjoyed it. Have gone back to it a few times. The graphics are outstanding, specially considering it's a humble DC!

QUOTE(Bloodgod @ Aug 25 2009, 03:04 AM)
I used DJ. all the games I've bruned so far worked. Just the utopia and gameshark images failed.

Whats your settings for alcohol 120?

Alcohol burns the Utopia images just fine, I did one for someone recently (the Dreamcast must be making a comeback, everyone seems to buying one at the mo!). It sounds more like you've got a bad image. Try grabbing it from a different site. Did you get the Gameshark image from the same place? I'm not sure about the legality of the Utopia disc, I don't think it uses any copyrighted code but I think it uses the copyrighted bin file, so I won't link to it here but there's loads of places with it.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ NM. 120 is being a bitch. Think I'm gonna try bootdreams. IF it doesn't work I'll just buy a gameshark

*Sidenote* My DC is NTSC-U. Previous owner just set the language to JPN. Also the bottom says NTSC-U

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got my VMU today and a second controller for trading in some junk at a locally owned game store.
so long as it's a normal sega brand VMU not a generic brand one you can delete the Half Life save file from it with the vmu's on screen menu and then pop it back in to create a new save file)after loading up the previous save of course..

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
picked up second unit today ($45). didn't really need a second unit,but I figured I'd buy it cause it was bundled with alot of controllers and VMUs. If I bought them separately from eBay. I would have paid

3VMUs $20-24
3Controllers $9.95ea (29.85)

Sure I saved a few $. But eBay didn't offer me a free second unit with random games. =) and the great part about my purchase..... one of the Memory card is one of those 4 in 1 cards. So it had 1600 blocks (200ea). Also one tremor pack (rumble)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @4d1xlaan, he just wanted to sit down