Hacking I have to quickly hold L to launch reiNand or else it fails... little help?

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have downgraded a new 3ds, formatted emunand to sd, as unlinked partitions, and on the purple menu to choose reinand or homebrew, if i choose reinand without quickly pressing L it will show a black screen then reboot to menuhax then ctrlboot and if i try again there is a red screen at the bottom and i have to power down the console to try again.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Menuhax in Emunand. Enter homebrew launcher from emunand and uninstall menuhax. There's also a folder you can delete from your microsd to remove menuhax from emunand but I'm not sure which one

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its just Not formated, removing that menuhax will remove sysnand menuhax and vice versa...
You don't know what you're talking about.

He unlinked already, so no. Removing menuhax from emunand will not influence sysnand. As emunand is an exact copy of sysnand at first, his original sysnand menuhax got copied over when setting up Emunand. And now it's there to fuck things up.

@op as i said, enter homebrew launcher from emunand either with browserhax or yellows8 homebrew launcher and then get rid of menuhax. Maybe someone pops in and can tell you the folder name of the modified title, then you can also just delete that off your microsd, same effect.
You can also try changing themes first on emunand, might be enough to kill menuhax already.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know what you're talking about.

He unlinked already, so no. Removing menuhax from emunand will not influence sysnand. As emunand is an exact copy of sysnand at first, his original sysnand menuhax got copied over when setting up Emunand. And now it's there to fuck things up.
oops didnt it see it, my bad but why did he or she put "Formated emunand to sd", might be another way of saying that a emunand was created but not formatted after...

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oops didnt it see it, my bad but why did he or she put "Formated emunand to sd", might be another way of saying that a emunand was created but not formatted after...
It literally says unlinked after that sentence.

@op as i said, enter homebrew launcher from emunand either with browserhax or yellows8 homebrew launcher and then get rid of menuhax. Maybe someone pops in and can tell you the folder name of the modified title, then you can also just delete that off your microsd, same effect.
You can also try changing themes first on emunand, might be enough to kill menuhax already.

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It literally says unlinked after that sentence.

You mean 'unlinked partitions'? Doesnt explain why menuhax is installed in emunand in the first place, it cant be duplicated when making it so it had to be placed in there manually

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
still does it after deleting it from the emunand to homebrew but the purple boot screen appeared in between

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mean 'unlinked partitions'? Doesnt explain why menuhax is installed in emunand in the first place, it cant be duplicated when making it so it had to be placed in there manually
No, you're wrong. Emunand is an exact copy of sysnand including all titles. He had menuhax in sysnand before creating emunand. Since the downgrade came many people used menuhax as entry point and then didn't remove it before creating emunand. As emunand is an exact Copy of sysnand, menuhax will be taken over to emunand if it's not removed beforehand and then it's in Emunand, annoying people n shit.

That's why I tell people to uninstall menuhax from sysnand first in my tutorial.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're wrong. Emunand is an exact copy of sysnand including all titles. He had menuhax in sysnand before creating emunand. Since the downgrade came many people used menuhax as entry point and then didn't remove it before creating emunand. As emunand is an exact Copy of sysnand, menuhax will be taken over to emunand if it's not removed beforehand and then it's in Emunand, annoying people n shit.

That's why I tell people to uninstall menuhax from sysnand first in my tutorial.
But not when it's unlink from sysnand, it's a copy but just uses the same folders from the sd card which is where MENUHAX is loaded from...menuhax will still be in emunand if it was unlinked or he installed it himself on it...

Last edited by James310,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But not when it's unlink from sysnand, it's a copy but just uses the same folders from the sd card which is where MENUHAX is loaded from...menuhax will still be in emunand if it was unlinked or he installed it himself on it...

Jeez... you don't understand it. Emunand is an EXACT copy of Sysnand. It depends on a title in the Nand-specific folder. If you then unlink by formatting Sysnand, as it's usual, then Menuhax will still be on Emunand, if it was copied over in the first place.
Just stop it now, you're wrong and I'm right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro