[Q] V1 New Battery, Powers Off After Choosing Any Launch Option

mrhomiec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate v6.0.7 (pre-battery replacement v6.0.5)

Atmosphere v1.6.2 (pre-battery replacement v1.5.4)

and latest sigpatches from coomer.party

my V1 Switch battery was on the brink of expanding way out so i purchased the ifixit battery kit and replaced it today.

i'm able to boot into Hekate, but when i choose Launch > CFW (EMUMMC), CFW (SYSNAND), i get the Hekate loading bar, then Atmosphere logo, then a black screen.

if i choose Launch > Stock (SYSNAND), i get the Hekate loading, then Nintendo logo, then a black screen.

if i choose Payloads > fusee.bin, i get a screen that says Atmosphere, then the Atmosphere logo, then a black screen.

and i don't think it's just a black screen. because if i press the Power button, my computer running TegraRcmGUI would all of a sudden recognize a device being connected. so it seems like it powers off after choosing an option. this was with AutoRCM also enabled. i also disabled it and tried again, no difference.

could i have messed something up when trying to pry out the old battery. (that stupid thing was stuck in there really good). also, Hekate shows a charging icon while plugged into my computer, and it's currently sitting at 71%.

when i updated everything, i originally replaced the atmosphere folder. then i renamed the old atmosphere folder atmosphere_old and copied over the new version.

I also tried to have the micro SD card removed, then power on. the Nintendo logo comes up, then powers off.

with the micro SD card removed, tried to hold the volume up + power button, the Nintendo logo comes up, then powers off.

[edit] might be unrelated. but after having the Switch charge in its dock overnight (about 9-ish hours), it only went up to 87%.

[edit 2] actually, i opened it up again, unplugged the battery and plugged it back in. now it's showing at 100%.

Last edited by mrhomiec,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto