Fuel gauge IC?

bvang913

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a RP2040 Tiny PicoFly modded OLED. When I went to disconnect the battery, all 5 of the pads came up with the connector. Fixed that, but now I'm not getting a charge. No charging indicator, and the battery reads over 100% in Hekate. Install is good, boots into Hekate no problem. No slow emmc error or anything. But can't get past that. After Atmosphere or Nintendo screen, I just get a black screen. I was told I need to replace the fuel gauge IC, but just wanted to get more eyes on this. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PXL_20240304_224359459.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240304_224359459.MP.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 12

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
if all your board traces are ok and no shorts on your repair, you already have the solution: replace Charge IC, could be damaged when soldering or ripping the connector of battery.

bvang913

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if all your board traces are ok and no shorts on your repair, you already have the solution: replace Charge IC, could be damaged when soldering or ripping the connector of battery.
Had to use those circular pads around it to fix it and have continuity from those to the pins on the connector, so hopefully that's just the problem. Still waiting on parts.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
sysNAND or emu?

You need to boot to OFW at least once it should correct your battery reading if your components aren't faulty.
Black screen isn't always noticeable by slow eMMC, even if you don't have that you may still get it.

bvang913

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sysNAND or emu?

You need to boot to OFW at least once it should correct your battery reading if your components aren't faulty.
Black screen isn't always noticeable by slow eMMC, even if you don't have that you may still get it.
Won't boot into ofw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?