Hacking I have a problem with Homebrew channel on vWii HELP!

Linky97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used smashstack to put homebrew channel on vWii. Everything worked. I installed The Homebrew Channel just fine but when i start the hombrew channel it doesnt show the apps/homebrew that i have put on the SD card... Why is that happening? The SD card is not the problem cuz i used it to install smashstack. And yes i did put the apps in private/wii/app folder.

BTW its an 1GB sandisk.

Linky97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm asking if that's the architecture you have. You can replace "any_folder" with something else, but the rest needs to be set up like that.

So for example xyzzy folder has a boot.dol file, icon.png file and meta.xml file. Should i put the .dol, .png and the .xml file all in seperate folders? or am i completely wrong?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I used smashstack to put homebrew channel on vWii. Everything worked. I installed The Homebrew Channel just fine but when i start the hombrew channel it doesnt show the apps/homebrew that i have put on the SD card... Why is that happening? The SD card is not the problem cuz i used it to install smashstack. And yes i did put the apps in private/wii/app folder.

BTW its an 1GB sandisk.
The apps go in /apps. Not in /private/wii/app. That location is for save data from official games and such.
Can't believe I was the first one to point that out. JoostinOnline, i am disappoint.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Linky97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really?? So i have to have 3 xyzzy files in the apps folder like this SD:\private\wii\apps\xyzzy\boot.dol
\xyzzy\meta.xml
\xyzzy\icon.png

Or do i have to have 3 apps folders in the wii folder like this SD:\private\wii\apps\xyzzy\boot.dol
\apps\xyzzy\meta.xml
\apps\xyzzy\icon.png
?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The apps go in /apps. Not in /private/wii/app. That location is for save data from official games and such.
Can't believe I was the first one to point that out. JoostinOnline, i am disappoint.
That might not have been in the original version (it was edited). If it was, then I blame Canada or something. :shy:

@OP They DO NOT go in the SD:\private\wii\apps folder.

Linky97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

OOHH YEAA!! Now i remember! I used to have homebrew on my Wii like in 2009 but i forgot how to do this! How could i think like that? Thanks so much!

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no apps go in the private folder

(sd card):\apps\(app name)\(files for app)

SD card = whatever drive the SD card shows as

apps = leave that name as is

App Name = whatever that folder was in the compressed file, usually already in an "apps" folder........different apps get different folders

files for app = .dol, .png, and .xml files that go to said app

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.