Gaming I Hate WMP 12...

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
811
Trophies
0
Location
TX
XP
535
Country
United States
I have never had a problem with windows media player 11 or any windows media player... until now.

This is the second time this is happened
Untitled-1.jpg


The first time it happened it added all of the windows alert and messenger sounds. The second as you can see it doubled my library, it eve decided to do it while I was burning a CD..

I've never been to fond of itunes but atleast this never happened... Any way to keep it from fucking up like this? If not then what's a media player that just totally pwns.. and that means it can do every WMP can including streaming music to my 360.
 

Jiggah

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2002
Messages
1,223
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
279
Country
United States
Do you have .pls or any other playlist formats in those folders? It probably selected those as well, which ends up duplicating the entries.

I personally use Foobar2000, the library system allows to you select specific formats to be entered rather just look for whatever audio file.
 

kobykaan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
2,993
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
196
Country
Why not try MANUALLY adding folders instead of AUTOMATICALLY and keep all media on a separate drive or partition
smile.gif


and as above if you have playlist .pls or .m3u files in the directory it WILL add them more than once as it reads these files it re adds the WHOLE playlist
frown.gif


yes its a PITA to manually add files but if you MUST use WMP then you have to live with microsucks flaws like everyone else
frown.gif


as above use an alternative Winamp/Foobar ETC
smile.gif
 

Hogmeister

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
143
Trophies
0
XP
223
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Am I the only one who's using WMP regularly since getting Windows 7?
unsure.gif

nope i like what they did with media player, but i REFUSE to use it to manage any of my libraries... be it music or videos.

if you want a library software and all around good competition for itunes i love the zune software, not only because its 100% w/ my zune HD 32gb but just because its rather awesome @ the libraryizationism it does
smile.gif


but yeah, i like WMP more than i do winamp now, and i used to use winamp no matter what the hell happened with WMP... love winamp, since years back but i can't use it now when windows media player does it just as well now and the video playback in windows 7 is quite good if i do say so myself
 

MichaelStead

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
1
Trophies
0
XP
1
Country
sjones900 said:
I have never had a problem with windows media player 11 or any windows media player... until now.

This is the second time this is happened
Untitled-1.jpg


The first time it happened it added all of the windows alert and messenger sounds. The second as you can see it doubled my library, it eve decided to do it while I was burning a CD..

I've never been to fond of itunes but atleast this never happened... Any way to keep it from fucking up like this? If not then what's a media player that just totally pwns.. and that means it can do every WMP can including streaming music to my 360.

The reason you are getting the double entries is iTunes converts all WMA files into AAC and now WMP12 can read those. It then has duplicates which drives me crazy. Make WMP12 rip settings from WMA files to MP3 and this will help in the long term but not now. All you can do is make sure all your WMA are delated and the duplicates should go. Also make sure that you have the same file in a AAC formate or MP3 format otherwise you are going to lose all of the files.
I am searching for an alternative to WMP12 but have not come across one yet. It won't even let you take your Playlists from another PC and copy them onto another of YOUR PC's as it sees it as copyright issues.
 
D

Deleted User

Guest
You should be able to pick which type of file associates with WMP. Just uncheck .AAC. Might work.
 

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
788
Trophies
0
Location
Singapore
Website
Visit site
XP
114
Country
Senegal
I've always hated WMP. I don't know how Microsoft can even release such a crappy software. Instead of increasing my productivity, it complicates my life.

I also don't really like Winamp, there's too many skins and bars and panels and I get lost in it all.

I think the easiest software to use is still iTunes. After that would be Mediamonkey.
 

prowler

Sony
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
9,475
Trophies
0
Location
Ragol
XP
3,294
Country
Zimbabwe
benjaminlibl said:
I've always hated WMP. I don't know how Microsoft can even release such a crappy software. Instead of increasing my productivity, it complicates my life.

I also don't really like Winamp, there's too many skins and bars and panels and I get lost in it all.

I think the easiest software to use is still iTunes. After that would be Mediamonkey.

Microsoft don't care about the software. They don't care about the customer, they care about the money.
 

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
1,815
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Portugal
XP
403
Country
Portugal
benjaminlibl said:
I've always hated WMP. I don't know how Microsoft can even release such a crappy software. Instead of increasing my productivity, it complicates my life.

I also don't really like Winamp, there's too many skins and bars and panels and I get lost in it all.

I think the easiest software to use is still iTunes. After that would be Mediamonkey.

This.

iTunes rocks.
 

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
1,725
Trophies
0
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
2,302
Country
United States
sjones900 said:
I have never had a problem with windows media player 11 or any windows media player... until now.

This is the second time this is happened
Untitled-1.jpg


The first time it happened it added all of the windows alert and messenger sounds. The second as you can see it doubled my library, it eve decided to do it while I was burning a CD..

I've never been to fond of itunes but atleast this never happened... Any way to keep it from fucking up like this? If not then what's a media player that just totally pwns.. and that means it can do every WMP can including streaming music to my 360.
Right-click on one song, and select "Open File Location", and do the same for the other.
Compare to see if the directories are different.
If not, click on the address bar of each to show the absolute path. THe problem you are having is liekly caused by having doublicate files of the same format.

MichaelStead said:
The reason you are getting the double entries is iTunes converts all WMA files into AAC and now WMP12 can read those. It then has duplicates which drives me crazy. Make WMP12 rip settings from WMA files to MP3 and this will help in the long term but not now. All you can do is make sure all your WMA are delated and the duplicates should go. Also make sure that you have the same file in a AAC formate or MP3 format otherwise you are going to lose all of the files.
I am searching for an alternative to WMP12 but have not come across one yet. It won't even let you take your Playlists from another PC and copy them onto another of YOUR PC's as it sees it as copyright issues.
If that was it, it would show two album covers and specifically label the different format type.

deanxxczx said:
QUOTE(benjaminlibl @ Nov 8 2009, 01:55 PM)
I've always hated WMP. I don't know how Microsoft can even release such a crappy software. Instead of increasing my productivity, it complicates my life.

I also don't really like Winamp, there's too many skins and bars and panels and I get lost in it all.

I think the easiest software to use is still iTunes. After that would be Mediamonkey.

Microsoft don't care about the software. They don't care about the customer, they care about the money.
Hence them haviong great customer support.[/sarcasm]
 

Velveteer

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
129
Trophies
0
XP
211
Country
Actually, I'm pretty damn happy with WMP 12. I found WMP 11 a little faster, as I occasionally get a little lag scrolling through my entire library, but it's perfect aside from that. Winamp looks like it came from the 90s. And I hate split window programs.
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: @FAST6191, Rats, rats, we are the rats.