Gaming I Hate WMP 12...

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never had a problem with windows media player 11 or any windows media player... until now.

This is the second time this is happened
Untitled-1.jpg

The first time it happened it added all of the windows alert and messenger sounds. The second as you can see it doubled my library, it eve decided to do it while I was burning a CD..

I've never been to fond of itunes but atleast this never happened... Any way to keep it from fucking up like this? If not then what's a media player that just totally pwns.. and that means it can do every WMP can including streaming music to my 360.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have .pls or any other playlist formats in those folders? It probably selected those as well, which ends up duplicating the entries.

I personally use Foobar2000, the library system allows to you select specific formats to be entered rather just look for whatever audio file.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why not try MANUALLY adding folders instead of AUTOMATICALLY and keep all media on a separate drive or partition
smile.gif

and as above if you have playlist .pls or .m3u files in the directory it WILL add them more than once as it reads these files it re adds the WHOLE playlist
frown.gif

yes its a PITA to manually add files but if you MUST use WMP then you have to live with microsucks flaws like everyone else
frown.gif

as above use an alternative Winamp/Foobar ETC
smile.gif

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Am I the only one who's using WMP regularly since getting Windows 7?
unsure.gif

nope i like what they did with media player, but i REFUSE to use it to manage any of my libraries... be it music or videos.

if you want a library software and all around good competition for itunes i love the zune software, not only because its 100% w/ my zune HD 32gb but just because its rather awesome @ the libraryizationism it does
smile.gif

but yeah, i like WMP more than i do winamp now, and i used to use winamp no matter what the hell happened with WMP... love winamp, since years back but i can't use it now when windows media player does it just as well now and the video playback in windows 7 is quite good if i do say so myself

MichaelStead

Trophies
XP
Country
sjones900 said:
I have never had a problem with windows media player 11 or any windows media player... until now.

Untitled-1.jpg

The first time it happened it added all of the windows alert and messenger sounds. The second as you can see it doubled my library, it eve decided to do it while I was burning a CD..

I've never been to fond of itunes but atleast this never happened... Any way to keep it from fucking up like this? If not then what's a media player that just totally pwns.. and that means it can do every WMP can including streaming music to my 360.

The reason you are getting the double entries is iTunes converts all WMA files into AAC and now WMP12 can read those. It then has duplicates which drives me crazy. Make WMP12 rip settings from WMA files to MP3 and this will help in the long term but not now. All you can do is make sure all your WMA are delated and the duplicates should go. Also make sure that you have the same file in a AAC formate or MP3 format otherwise you are going to lose all of the files.
I am searching for an alternative to WMP12 but have not come across one yet. It won't even let you take your Playlists from another PC and copy them onto another of YOUR PC's as it sees it as copyright issues.

D

Deleted User

You should be able to pick which type of file associates with WMP. Just uncheck .AAC. Might work.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I've always hated WMP. I don't know how Microsoft can even release such a crappy software. Instead of increasing my productivity, it complicates my life.

I also don't really like Winamp, there's too many skins and bars and panels and I get lost in it all.

I think the easiest software to use is still iTunes. After that would be Mediamonkey.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
benjaminlibl said:
I've always hated WMP. I don't know how Microsoft can even release such a crappy software. Instead of increasing my productivity, it complicates my life.

I also don't really like Winamp, there's too many skins and bars and panels and I get lost in it all.

I think the easiest software to use is still iTunes. After that would be Mediamonkey.

Microsoft don't care about the software. They don't care about the customer, they care about the money.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
benjaminlibl said:

This.

iTunes rocks.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
sjones900 said:

Untitled-1.jpg

Right-click on one song, and select "Open File Location", and do the same for the other.
Compare to see if the directories are different.
If not, click on the address bar of each to show the absolute path. THe problem you are having is liekly caused by having doublicate files of the same format.

MichaelStead said:
The reason you are getting the double entries is iTunes converts all WMA files into AAC and now WMP12 can read those. It then has duplicates which drives me crazy. Make WMP12 rip settings from WMA files to MP3 and this will help in the long term but not now. All you can do is make sure all your WMA are delated and the duplicates should go. Also make sure that you have the same file in a AAC formate or MP3 format otherwise you are going to lose all of the files.
I am searching for an alternative to WMP12 but have not come across one yet. It won't even let you take your Playlists from another PC and copy them onto another of YOUR PC's as it sees it as copyright issues.
If that was it, it would show two album covers and specifically label the different format type.

deanxxczx said:
QUOTE(benjaminlibl @ Nov 8 2009, 01:55 PM)

Microsoft don't care about the software. They don't care about the customer, they care about the money.
Hence them haviong great customer support.[/sarcasm]

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I'm pretty damn happy with WMP 12. I found WMP 11 a little faster, as I occasionally get a little lag scrolling through my entire library, but it's perfect aside from that. Winamp looks like it came from the 90s. And I hate split window programs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup