I attempted to update Atmosphere - now I can't load Atmosphere.

markyr17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Nintendo Switch OLED, that I bought Pre-Modded.

I attempted to update to the latest Atmosphere release using AIO Updater. It asked me if I would like to also install Hekate (I seletected no, since I already have Hekate installed. It then said it would boot into a special payload to finish installing Atmosphere. I'm not sure that it ever did that...

It booted into Hekate as normal, but when I go to launch EMUMMC, it now says "Failed to applye "nosigchk". I press power to continue, and the screen goes black.

What do I need to do to get it working again?

TIA!

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
dont use AIO updater, do manually download and update instead, I remember hekate_ipl.ini would get overwrite from AIO updater therefore your hekate_ipl.ini setting may need to redo.

paste your hekate_ipl.ini info here

markyr17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont use AIO updater, do manually download and update instead, I remember hekate_ipl.ini would get overwrite from AIO updater therefore your hekate_ipl.ini setting may need to redo.

Thank you!

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=2
autonogc=0
updater2p=1

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}

markyr17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve generally updated sigpatches from within atmosphere. I didn’t update them before upgrading atmosphere.

Can I update them from hekate?

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France

I attempted to update to the latest Atmosphere release using AIO Updater. It asked me if I would like to also install Hekate (I seletected no, since I already have Hekate installed. It then said it would boot into a special payload to finish installing Atmosphere. I'm not sure that it ever did that...

It booted into Hekate as normal, but when I go to launch EMUMMC, it now says "Failed to applye "nosigchk". I press power to continue, and the screen goes black.

TIA!
You need need to update hekate if you're using hekate, you were running an old version. You also were missing patches. AIO states that you should learn how to update before using. It essentially does everything you'd do manually, so you need to know what it entails

hekate_ipl.ini isn't included in the hekate release, therefore it won't be overwritten. I don't even think the prompt is there, though if it is I should remove it, I agree it's somewhat confusing

Use this quide. https://rentry.org/UpdateCFW

And never use this crap called aio again. You update everything manually. Then there are no problems
The guide you linked explains how to update using aio lol. The issue was caused by the user not being fully aware of what all the components of CFW are (since they bought it pre-modded): it would have happened the exact same way had they updated "manually". Better yet, some issues that can be prevented through aio (outdated sysmodules, themes) might have occurred by doing it "manually"

Musicbeyondwords

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

TIA!
Also at some point Atmos went from using Fusee Primary or whatever it was called to Fusee in a different location, highly recommend backing up your stuff before the update, if it runs into issues after updating, deleting anything that isn't NROs and homebrew apps, then doing a fresh copy paste of Atmosphere with no modified files. Load up, check it's working then add your files you use back in. updating over old installs usually doesn't but can cause issues. Best remedy is a fresh Zip and fresh transfer on a clean SD card to make sure nothing is conflicting, if issues then arise, after moving your files over, move them one by one until you find the problem child.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto