Hacking Hyrule Warriors save editing

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Woot, back in business! Thanks you two. IDK how I was supposed to know that the .bak wasn't supposed to be in the dump when I'm injecting.

Also, apparently I still fail at editing hexadecimal.. I thought I changed the gold materials to quantity of 50 by entering in 32 for all of them, but instead I now have 2,850 of each. SMH..
Each material uses 2bytes (or at HxD, two pairs of hexadecimal characters), so each material should had been 0032 if you wanted only 50 of them (but really, why not max them at 999 by using 03E7 pairs? So you can make mixtures at apothecary.).
EDIT: And sorry I couldn't troubleshoot more your save injecting problems, glad that you and @EarlAB got it.
Remember to remove the .bak that HxD will generate after you save the changes on your save file.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki,

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Each material uses 2bytes (or at HxD, two pairs of hexadecimal characters), so each material should had been 0032 if you wanted only 50 of them (but really, why not max them at 999 by using 03E7 pairs? So you can make mixtures at apothecary.).
EDIT: And sorry I couldn't troubleshoot more your save injecting problems, glad that you and @EarlAB got it.
Remember to remove the .bak that HxD will generate after you save the changes on your save file.

I figured out the values last night too by comparing to my original save. Even 50 of each gold material was overkill. I grinded myself bored of this game awhile back. Now that I don't have to grind, maybe I'll finally finish the Twilight and Termina maps.

Thank you for your help. My biggest thing was thinking I had some major problems injecting a save into a different version than that which I dumped from.

Save exporting isn't quite what I've been accustomed to coming from 3DS homebrew.

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No-one has found the time/motivation to write a save editor yet, or to document where/how weapons are stored in memory after being loaded from the save file for TCPGecko editing.

This is as friendly as weapon editing gets. Take a little time to think about what you want on your weapons, do all the edits in one go, then never have to worry again.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
Twilight Map
0x1BA6E - 0x1BA6F (1 byte)
    Compass
    Bombs

0x1BA73 - 0x1BA74 (1 byte)
    Water Bombs
    Digging Mitts

0x1BA78 - 0x1BA7F (1 byte)
    Lanterns
    Jars
    Fishing Rods
    Clawshots
    Spinners
    Ooccoo
    Tears of Light
    Tears of Twilight

Some of these values didn't work for me.

Compass and Bombs are 0x1BA6C and D.

Water Bombs and Digging Mitts are 0x1BA71 and 2.

The rest were fine. I don't know why you would ever want the Tears of Twilight item. It erases all the spaces that previously had twilight (yikes!).

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that. I've updated the first post. After testing it looks like some of the Termina ones were off too. (I've only just finally finished all the non-DLC content – including medals – so I'd never actually touched the three DLC maps)
But with a fully correct set of values to hand we can now perfectly explain the gaps between items and it was as I suspected:
f3uTF3N.png

Note that editing the values of the items missing from Twilight/Termina doesn't give you those items. They just get ignored.

Reactions: I pwned U!

SilverWinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In 1.9, how can I level Link up to 255? I know that I need to put 00 C3 F5 D8 somewhere, but I don't know where. I'm using TCPGecko. Any help would be appreciated.

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You're much better off dumping your save with saviine and using the info in the first post to edit it. That way you can have backups if you edit the wrong value. If you get the wrong locationin TCPGecko you could end up corrupting your save file, e.g. preventing Link or another character from levelling up at all.

D

Deleted User

Is 00C3F5D8 the maximum XP count? Or is it 1 XP towards Lv.255? If so I'll see if I can try getting every single character's addresses without having to worry about corrupting the save.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Is 00C3F5D8 the maximum XP count? Or is it 1 XP towards Lv.255? If so I'll see if I can try getting every single character's addresses without having to worry about corrupting the save.
It's 1 xp less than max. Essentially you enter any mission with the character, hit anything, insta level 255 and game will calculate properly your new base strength and hearts containers. Then you finish the level to let the game save the changes.

D

Deleted User

It's 1 xp less than max. Essentially you enter any mission with the character, hit anything, insta level 255 and game will calculate properly your new base strength and hearts containers. Then you finish the level to let the game save the changes.
That's what I did with Young Link, Ganon, & Cucco. I wanna know how people corrupted their save... Has anyone tested modifying the strength to a high value? Changing the strength of a weapon doesn't do anything.

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I need help. I'm trying to max Link's level, and this is how I've edited things:

WhtXlte.png

I save this, inject it (and saviine says it did so successfully) but when I go into the game and play a level to completion, nothing happens. I'm still level 36.

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You've put it in slightly the wrong location. Link's EXP is 0x8C184+0x08 = 0x8C18C
Any time you see a number prefixed 0x that means you're dealing in hexadecimal. You've added the numbers as if you're working in base-10.

Reactions: Stellar

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the help :)

I ran into a new issue which may not have a solution, short of collecting the weapons myself:

I want to unlock the counter for the Master Sword / Legendary weapon skill. To do this I need to collect ALL weapons. I hex edited a full collection onto my inventory and although they're all present, the Master Sword and legendary weapons remain sealed.

Any way around this or do I just have to suck it up and unlock the weapons legitimately?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo