United States
Here's all my special Ganon skills, along with the modified base power:
WiiU_screenshot_TV_017D8.jpg

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I mentioned it once before but I've refined things a little.

Weapon Translator. (Excel file. Also works with LibreOffice)

Instructions:
The first thing you need to do is export your weapons from your save file in a manner than can be pasted into this sheet.
  1. Open your APP.BIN in your hex editor of choice (instructions will be provided for HxD and Hex Workshop
  2. Set your column width to 76 bytes.
    HxD: Look for the bytes per row dropdown on the toolbar, click the button to the left of it to disable automatic width and then type 76 into the dropdown and hit enter.
    Hex Workshop: Mouse over the header of the file view on the gap between the hex/text views of the file, the cursor should turn into a drag cursor, drag it until the last column of the hex view is '4B'
  3. Jump in the file to the start of the weapons table.
    Press CTRL+G then go to offset '8D74C'
    Make sure the 'hex' option is selected and that the offset is from the start of the file.
  4. Hold shift and use 'Page Down' & the cursor keys to select the next 0x131C8 bytes.
    The size of the current selection will shown in the status bar.
  5. Open a new file, set the column width of the new file as above, then copy the table from your APP.BIN to this new file.
    (Do not deselect anything in APP.BIN yet. We'll be coming back later)
  6. Now select the entire contents of this new file and copy as text.
    HxD: Edit Menu-->Copy As…-->Editor View
    Hex Workshop: Edit Menu-->Copy As…-->Text
  7. Open Notepad or your preferred Notepad replacement and paste this copied text in there.
  8. Do a search & replace to turn all spaces into tabs.
    In Notepad what you'll have to do is type a tab character, cut it onto the clipboard, then in the search & replace dialog paste it into the replace field.
    Other text editors may have friendlier ways of specifying tabs in the replace field.
Once you've got this you can transfer it to your spreadsheet
  1. Copy the contents of notepad into the 'Scratchpad' sheet. If you've done everything correctly everything should go separate cells.
  2. Select and copy only the hex bytes part of the data (ignoring the header, offset column, and text view), clear notepad and paste these values into notepad to clear all formatting, once again copy the data out of notepad and this time paste it into the 'Raw' sheet.
If everything has gone correctly each row in the 'Raw' sheet should represent the data from one weapon of the weapons table. The corresponding row of the 'Translated' table should tell you how that data will be interpreted by the game. Including the correct calculations for the final power value once the stars and Evil's Bane/Legendary skills have been taken into effect.

Now make your changes to the 'Raw' sheet Using the 'Translated' sheet to check they're doing what you expect. You'll still need to know the raw values of weapon/skill IDs but you can remind yourself of those from the 'Reference' sheet.

Once you have made your changes you'll need to get them back into your APP.BIN
  1. Copy the now modified data from the 'Raw' sheet. (You don't need to use notepad to clear formatting, the hex editor will ignore it anyway)
  2. If the weapons data in your APP.BIN file is not still selected make sure to reselect it.
  3. HxD: Edit Menu-->Paste Write
    Hex Workshop: Edit Menu-->Paste Special…
    Clipboard format: 'CF_TEXT' (should already be selected)
    And check the 'Interpret as a hexadecimal string' box.
  4. Save the edited file and place in the correct folder to inject using Saviine
    The file size of APP.BIN should be 3,145,728 bytes. If it isn't you've screwed up somewhere.
The process seems long winded but once you've done the steps a couple of times it's actually quite quick & easy and the advantages of being able to double-check your changes before injecting the save file more than make up for it.

AND REMEMBER: BACKUPS! I will take no responsibility if your only copy of your save file gets screwed through you misusing the spreadsheet or through any mistakes made by me while creating the spreadsheet.

Last edited by BtEtta,
Reactions: Stellar

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So, I came across something interesting in my save file. It seems to be the first empty weapon slot, but where the weapon type is supposed to be there's an 04. The rest is normal. I didn't see anything in the weapon types section so I thought maybe one of you guys might know what's going on...here's a picture...
As you might notice, it continues (see at bottom of picture).
Untitled.png

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Here's a copy that might've been changed, but I saw there was still the same 04...
The offset is 92C34.
And if you can figure out why the bottom right corner of my adventure map is locked (which I have a B rank on even though it's locked) that would be appreciated as well.

Attachments

• APP.7z
    7.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited by EarlAB,

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But what qualifies a "Weak enemy"? The lowest level grunts pretty much always die in one hit to any moderately levelled warrior with a decent weapon. Does one-hit apply only to the captain level above that: those die in a few hits at my level anyway; one-hit death would save maybe the occasional second over a weapon without that skill. How about the lieutenants, if it occasionally one-hit those now I'd be considering it a must have skill?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what qualifies a "Weak enemy"? The lowest level grunts pretty much always die in one hit to any moderately levelled warrior with a decent weapon. Does one-hit apply only to the captain level above that: those die in a few hits at my level anyway; one-hit death would save maybe the occasional second over a weapon without that skill. How about the lieutenants, if it occasionally one-hit those now I'd be considering it a must have skill?
Honestly don't know how to answer that but any given weapon in the game can have up to 8 skill slots and with only a handful of them being remotely useful for power and combat it's worth having even if you are already one shotting everything in your path. Plus enemies on Hero difficulty in Legends mode take more than one hit to take down even if you have a level 3 5 star weapon.

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a copy that might've been changed, but I saw there was still the same 04...
The offset is 92C34.
And if you can figure out why the bottom right corner of my adventure map is locked (which I have a B rank on even though it's locked) that would be appreciated as well.
I have no idea why the 0x04 comes up. The game seems to treat anything with that bit set as if there were no weapon there. They will not be available to choose and will get overwritten by any new weapons obtained. It's possible there's a way for the game to create such slots, but then because they get replaced by new weapons, and because there's relatively few people posting here about their save files, the odds of seeing this behaviour are quite low.

That, or you're screwing with me.

I don't know why that adventure mode tile is locked. I'm assuming completing either of the connecting tiles again to B-grade or above doesn't unlock it? Best guess is that you made a bad edit at some point in your save file. Check your backups and see if there's one that pre-dates this problem. If you find one you can unlock the tile and dump the new save to compare and try and work out what's changed. I know nothing about how adventure mode progress is tracked and I don't care to find out.

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea why the 0x04 comes up. The game seems to treat anything with that bit set as if there were no weapon there. They will not be available to choose and will get overwritten by any new weapons obtained. It's possible there's a way for the game to create such slots, but then because they get replaced by new weapons, and because there's relatively few people posting here about their save files, the odds of seeing this behaviour are quite low.

That, or you're screwing with me.

I don't know why that adventure mode tile is locked. I'm assuming completing either of the connecting tiles again to B-grade or above doesn't unlock it? Best guess is that you made a bad edit at some point in your save file. Check your backups and see if there's one that pre-dates this problem. If you find one you can unlock the tile and dump the new save to compare and try and work out what's changed. I know nothing about how adventure mode progress is tracked and I don't care to find out.
I'm not screwing with you, my pants are on!
But seriously, I'm not screwing. It's there and the last time I edited it, I just changed it to how it normally is. Worked fine, just thought it might be something to look at...

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If VS skills work for you thats great but I'm against using skills that work towards specific circumstances or specific groups of enemies, theres just so many other choices to apply in order to enhance your power while still be well rounded towards any enemy you face.

But if your gonna be excessive with the power level of your weapons then its a moot point to argue what skills you use in the first place. I'd keep it at 5 stars with 420 attack power but thats just me.

Kurayami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm completely new to this stuff just starting today, and I'm trying to follow along to get the material count modified, but the address doesn't seem to be the right one. (356234C4 is what I was using to try and find one of the basic bronze material) Am I just using the wrong address?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning