Hypothetical: App released to stream our Xbone games on our Switch, like a PS4 streaming to Vita

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was thinking, with how chummy Nintendo and Microsoft seem to be these days, coupled with Microsoft's continued lack of interest in pursuing the portable gaming market in addition to their "play anywhere" initiative, and it all kinda seems feasible. Maybe an official app could be released to the eshop that you boot up and it connects with your running Xbone over wifi to stream whatever you want to load on your Xbone, much like the PS4 and Vita or what Rainway wanted to do with your PC (but of course was not approved by Nintendo and thus not released). Its not even a foreign concept to the Switch itself given games like Resident Evil 7 Cloud and Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud both being games on the Switch that you can play, but you're actually streaming in order to play on the system.

I don't think such an app would hurt either system's sales and frankly would probably just boost the sales of both systems from owners of one system that now want the other system as well to take advantage of the feature, as you would need both systems to make it happen. (Though I could see the argument that it could steal the sales away from some games released on both systems, someone interested in Rocket League, might opt to now get the game on Xbone instead of Switch as they'd still be able to play it on the go, while being able to enjoy the prettier graphics of the xbone version when playing at home.)

I dunno, what do you think? Is this just crazy wishful thinking, or could there be some merit to this idea? Would you like such a thing to happen? I think I would, that'd be a really cool thing to see between the two companies.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Niels Van Son

Unspecified Life Form
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That'd be nice, but very unlikely, even knowing the relationship between these two enterprises.

The first step for me to get this working would be to actually get an Xbox One lol. I'm actually interested in buying one, but living on pocket money, it probably won't happen unless I ask for it on christmas on somethin'

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be even more synergetic to plug the Switch dock into the Xbone's HDMI input so that seemingly both systems coexist in the same space on your TV as well.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Niels Van Son

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o