Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's possible that homebrew stuff can be made without the exploit right? with all the system calls and everything documented. and even run some through the kernel exploit like that pong game. would it be totally possible with whats available and documented on wiiubrew to have i guess a crude or rough Snes emulator that can both work through the gamepad and tv with sound coming from both? just wait for the actual exploit to actually test it. i know people screw around with that already i guess. but a snes emulator has been made so many times there's source somewhwre that would make it less troublesome to port right? or maybe a Doom port. they run doom on everyrhing. what would you need to do to make doom? or some nonsense bluetooth vr headset support, that'd be dope.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's possible that homebrew stuff can be made without the exploit right? with all the system calls and everything documented. and even run some through the kernel exploit like that pong game. would it be totally possible with whats available and documented on wiiubrew to have i guess a crude or rough Snes emulator that can both work through the gamepad and tv with sound coming from both? just wait for the actual exploit to actually test it. i know people screw around with that already i guess. but a snes emulator has been made so many times there's source somewhwre that would make it less troublesome to port right? or maybe a Doom port. they run doom on everyrhing. what would you need to do to make doom? or some nonsense bluetooth vr headset support, that'd be dope.
A homebrew snes emulator reading roms from SD card has been possible to make for a long time (about a year), just nobody with the skills has been interested in making that happen. The IOSU exploit will give us full USB access, but it's not necessary...

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
A homebrew snes emulator reading roms from SD card has been possible to make for a long time (about a year), just nobody with the skills has been interested in making that happen. The IOSU exploit will give us full USB access, but it's not necessary...
I mean, why would you do that anyway?
You can inject a ROM on a VC SNES title just fine and play with the GamePad that everybody loves for emulation here for some reason.
Why someone need to make an emulator if Nintendo already gave us one?

Last edited by Chuardo,
Reactions: Sirdankz

Shadow2790x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can inject a ROM on a VC SNES title just fine and play with the GamePad that everybody loves for emulation here for some reason.
The problem with the emulator that Nintendo already gave us, is that it has added input lag.
All VC emulation (except GBA?) seems to have a slight bit of lag. I'm not sure how Nintendo screwed this up, since it wasn't a problem on the Wii. I imagine it has something to do with the gamepad.

Here are a couple of examples:

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France

There is a someone who's planning to port the snes emulator, and all the other emulators we already had in wii at least ^^ . Just wait, 2016 will probably be the most generous year in Wii U.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
There is a someone who's planning to port the snes emulator, and all the other emulators we already had in wii at least ^^ . Just wait, 2016 will probably be the most generous year in Wii U.

I thought vWii could use them already, can't wait till the home-brew scene explodes on Wii U

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
nintendo offical Vc emualtors compat is very shoody specialy n64, so yeah manna games on snes dont work with the snes Vc emulators and never will since we cant fix the emulator due to lacking the source code.

tekno18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi ,its pointless stay on 4.1u, or should i update to 5.3.2, and wait there the iosu exploit. Thanks

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by narutonic,
Reactions: Simonwayneee

Chontler

Trophies
XP
Country
Show me a video of it working and a PayPal address and I'll hand over good cash to Hykem if it means there may be a way to enjoy Chronicles X without the god-awful music.

Reactions: m_babble

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Show me a video of it working and a PayPal address and I'll hand over good cash to Hykem if it means there may be a way to enjoy Chronicles X without the god-awful music.

More facts:
- I don't need nor would I accept donations. I appreciate the gesture, truly, but I don't need the money. I believe donations should be considered in the future for people that will pick up on the new access the IOSU gives and develop solid homebrew for the Wii U, those are the people that will need donations, not me.
- The exploit works solely from the Internet Browser. No specific games, no eShop stuff, nothing.

By the way, changing music was already possible with the PPC kernel exploit.

mediavieja

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
What is the deal about this Chronicles X game... Geeez.... Imma have to download it and play it myself because i keep reading things about this game and iv never seen it b4, not even a video or a pic

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hykem would be wise to create a "dead man's switch" that will e-mail the sources and research documents to all known Wii U devs unless the counter gets reset every couple of days or so. In case there are any issues, the work won't be in vain.

As well, I suggest someone will "steal" his research-for-personal-uses-only then "leak" it. This gets Hykem off the hook. Suspecting something is totally different from being able to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +1