BraveFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone,

I've recently installed 0.7.2 firmware on my hwfly v4 (patched erista) via usb. Unfortunately, it boots immediately into OFW skipping training and lights green. What could be an issue?

Thank you!

Last edited by BraveFox,

cherup

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same here - I tried to update the hwfly on my Oled via toolbox. Flashing failed - now chip is not working any longer. Will try to open the switch and flash again via USB :-(
Anything else I can do or any similar problems ?

BraveFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same here - I tried to update the hwfly on my Oled via toolbox. Flashing failed - now chip is not working any longer. Will try to open the switch and flash again via USB :-(
Hm, in my case it didn't fail flashing. The upgrade was successful.

cherup

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have (re) flashed it via USB - now it's working again - not sure what went wrong - haven't used the toolbox before...

Reactions: impeeza

teamlocust

Trophies
XP
Country
India
do not use toolbox... as it somehow corrupts during installation of fw.. best is usb firmware install. takes 5 mins to open up the switch and make usb connector to modchip direction is correct and UP direction before flashing.

Reactions: impeeza

BraveFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now I'm really confused. Debug logs say that glitching has been successful but the chip boots into OFW almost immediately. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_20230110_014743_990.jpg
    IMG_20230110_014743_990.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 99

whisky9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Now I'm really confused. Debug logs say that glitching has been successful but the chip boots into OFW almost immediately. What am I doing wrong?
Try to reset the chip by pressing R and let it trains again. If it still does not work, I think you should flash it to v0.7.1 fw or chinese spacecraft fw.

whisky9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So this chip was successfully worked before and then you flashed hwfly 0.7.2 and it stop working, correct?

BraveFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this chip was successfully worked before and then you flashed hwfly 0.7.2 and it stop working, correct?
Yeap, it was working before. The thing is that I don't know what version was installed on the chip before. I assume default one from seller but which one I have no idea...

BraveFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by BraveFox,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can i find a tutorial and tools?
google sthetix. He has plenty of videos on the subject.

As for what could cause it to go directly to ofw... a lot. There is a button press for going directly to OFW. No power on the mod chip could as well. A solder joint breaking (dat0, cmd, or clk). Bad solder joint could cause the blinking blue light as well. My first attempt at modding an OLED did this. Never did recover it because I destroyed the point under the heat shield frame (clk?). Later found out that a sliver of solder wick found it's way under the tegra, so assume I shorted the sucker.

Anyway, I would immediately think broken solder joint if it went from booting directly to OFW, to a blinking blue light, immediately after resetting the chip (clearing the training data).

And as for the toolbox, it has a very specific set of instructions for it to work. Did you already have the minimum hwfly-nx firmware installed before using the toolbox method (Note: toolbox requires at least firmware v0.6.0.)(for the latest version of toolbox, and couple just before)? And did you follow the instructions explicitly?

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: zebrone

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
google sthetix. He has plenty of videos on the subject.

As for what could cause it to go directly to ofw... a lot. There is a button press for going directly to OFW. No power on the mod chip could as well. A solder joint breaking (dat0, cmd, or clk). Bad solder joint could cause the blinking blue light as well. My first attempt at modding an OLED did this. Never did recover it because I destroyed the point under the heat shield frame (clk?). Later found out that a sliver of solder wick found it's way under the tegra, so assume I shorted the sucker.

Anyway, I would immediately think broken solder joint if it went from booting directly to OFW, to a blinking blue light, immediately after resetting the chip (clearing the training data).

And as for the toolbox, it has a very specific set of instructions for it to work. Did you already have the minimum hwfly-nx firmware installed before using the toolbox method (Note: toolbox requires at least firmware v0.6.0.)(for the latest version of toolbox, and couple just before)? And did you follow the instructions explicitly?
thank you mate. I was only asking...for future purpose...i hace a v1 switch...

Kaasjes

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You run the updaters individually on command prompt instead of flashing using the .bat file. For example

Code:
BootloaderUpdater.exe bootloader.bin

FirmwareUpdater.exe firmware.bin

And then that should fix the flashing! :D
Tnx, never thought about this :-x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1