Humble's Fight for Racial Justice bundle offers $1,243 worth of games and comics for $30

NwncVau.png

Support a charity while getting tons of games to add to your library, in this latest Humble Bundle that puts the spotlight on racial justice. For $30, you can get a huge collection of games, with 100% of the cost going to charities such as the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Race Forward, and The Bail Project. Included within the bundle are games, comics, and books, ranging from games such as Bioshock Remastered to Hyper Light Drifter, and everything in between, like The Jackbox Party Pack 4, Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, Broken Age, and more. There's also a variety of books focusing on race issues, protests, and civil rights. There's six days left to grab the bundle, if you're interested.

:arrow: Source

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To further my point with a harsh reality;

If more white people are suffering from poverty and hunger than all other races, combined, what does it say when we look at black criminality?

Black Americans commit more violent crime than all other races, combined. Is this tied to their race? Black Americans comprise 1/8th of the population of America, but commit more than 50% of all murders and violent crimes.

So, if white people are inherently privileged, why are more white people suffering than all other races, combined?

Why do black people commit the vast majority of violent crime in America?

If you are standing on inherent privilege for white people, you are standing on inherent criminality in black people. Nevermind that most white people aren't privileged and most black people aren't criminals. The wicked few.

Culture, not race, determines where we wind up at in life.

Last edited by CraddaPoosta,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Affirmative Action remains the last vestige of systemic racism. I don't see anyone crying about that, though.
If the vast majority of colleges didn't continue to accept the bare minimum of non-white students as required by affirmative action laws, perhaps we could feel more at ease in the idea of repealing them. The voting rights act which was struck down by the Supreme court not too long ago is another example of why we need these kinds of protections; several states immediately started enacting barriers to vote, particularly in communities of color.

White privilege absolutely does NOT exist. To even suggest such is racist. Suggesting such is suggesting that white people do not struggle and are inherently blessed with ABSOLUTE advantage.
Again you seem confused on this issue. White privilege does not mean every white person gets to live a perfect life. It means that a white person and a black person of comparable socioeconomic status will have very different experiences throughout their lifetimes. Experiences with police, with job interviews, with Karens, with education, with the severity of consequences for their mistakes, with nearly everything. The root of all these issues is systemic, which again means that nobody is blaming you or I for them. They were problems decades before either of us were born, and unless we want them to remain problems throughout our lifetimes and for decades after we die, the time to take action is now.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Deleted User

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are ALL "communities of color". Let's dispense with the weasel words.

The moniker of "POC" is a divisive descriptor. We cannot come together if we intentionally segregate ourselves by self-applied acronyms. How do you expect to earn allies when you, right out of the gate, exclude yourself from people who, like you, had no control over what ethnic background they came from?

How much longer can you charge sons with the sins of their fathers?

If you can show me an example of white privilege, I am willing to listen. Show me an actual law that provides white people with inherent privilege.

I CAN show you a law that provides black people with inherent privilege.

I care about facts, not feelings. I care about law, not social justice. The law PROVIDES for social justice.

Social FEELINGS are what we are dealing with. Fuck your feelings. (Not you, personally).

Advocate for a cultural change, and I am right there with you. Protest against systemic racism that doesn't exist, rail against imaginary white privilege, and weep salty tears for a resolution to your Millennial snowflake libtarded YOU OWE ME BECAUSE I AM BREATHING fannyharm, and you can go fuck yourself with all of the fuckings.

You're fighting to be recognized as a victim. One you're a victim, you are no longer responsible or accountable for anything you do. You have ABSOLUTE justification, even when it comes to suspension of the expectation that you will be a civil individual. You can even physically assault people who disagree with your identity politics, once you have achieved the acclaimed and vaunted status of Victim.

This goes for all of you gender-fluid, mentally-ill boys who think they're actually girls, too. You're not a fucking victim of transphobia. People are just telling you "I'm not playing", and you're mad. Fuck you.

No. Not only no, but FUCK no. I'd rather see you as a champion.

Like Ms. Owens says. Victor, not victim.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Black Americans commit more violent crime than all other races, combined. Is this tied to their race? Black Americans comprise 1/8th of the population of America, but commit more than 50% of all murders and violent crimes.
This is a misnomer. Several studies have shown conclusively that white people commit crimes at the same rate black people do. Black people are charged with and arrested for these crimes at a much higher rate, thus the statistics get skewed. Which is yet more evidence of systemic racism.

If you can show me an example of white privilege, I am willing to listen. Show me an actual law that provides white people with inherent privilege.
C'mon, you could at least give me a real challenge. Have you not seen the video of Amy Cooper (white) calling the police on Chris Cooper (black) for asking her to obey leash laws? He's about as innocuous-looking as anybody you've ever seen too, he was in the park birdwatching while wearing a Star Trek t-shirt. When the call connects she immediately switches to a rehearsed "white woman in distress" voice and suggests that Chris is threatening her life. There is zero chance the interaction would've played out the same way if it were a white man simply asking her to put her dog on a leash.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, sir. Black people in America DO commit more than half the violent crimes in this nation. Not just based on arrests. Based on convictions. Is this inherent to their race? Of course not. No more than the idea that "White Privilege" is inherent when you are born white.

Racial privilege does not exist in America. MONEY privilege does. Get woke, son.

Do better than showing me a Karen. I've felt fists on my face for being white on the wrong street.

Do better than showing me an entitled cunt who would be entitled no matter what race she was.

You gave me a scared white woman as evidence. I am giving you the fact that black-on-white VIOLENCE occurs at a rate of 25-to-1.

Get mad that a fat white bitch calls the cops, while twenty-five other black people PUT HANDS ON WHITE PEOPLE.

White people deserve it, though, right? Drenched in privilege, why shouldn't white folks be perfectly okay with being raped and murdered by black people at rates that eclipse the reverse? Show me a black woman raped by a white man in America in the last decade. Just one. JUST ONE.

Systemic racism requires law backing behavior. Show me that law on the books that provides either an advantage or disadvantage to any human being in America, based on race (besides Affirmative Action, which you have been mighty silent about).

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Do better than showing me a Karen. I've felt fists on my face for being white on the wrong street.

Do better than showing me an entitled cunt who would be entitled no matter what race she was
"Do better than showing me exactly what I asked you to." We could play this game all night. White people do not have to deal with intimidation by Karens, because calling the police is not much of a threat to the vast majority of white people. Therefore Karens can't lord that power over them.

Systemic racism requires law backing behavior.
I was providing an example of white privilege, not systemic racism. Systemic racism is when a cop puts his knee on a black man's neck until he dies. I've never once seen a cop use that same choke hold on a white person for even ten seconds, no matter how belligerent, which is odd considering how widely available videos of police abuse have become. Though I suppose that makes the George Floyd case a good example of both systemic racism and white privilege.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
White people DO deal with Karens. White people also deal with more interracial violence than any other race, and all other races, combined. Some privilege.

George Floyd's death was the result of a corrupt cop. Not white people. Not law enforcement as a profession. One bad man harming another person. You and the leftist media are the ones colluding the two.

You get it that your same argument could be used by a racist who claimed that black people were inherently violent, right? If you want to claim white privilege, what would prevent someone from saying that, based on factual evidence, black people are inherently hateful and violent? I mean, we're just looking at numbers, right?

If you support the idea of White Privilege, then you should support the concept of Inherent Black Violence. But you won't. Because the latter is just as racist as the first, but you don't want to admit it.

You want to condemn the vast majority of white people for the actions and "privilege" of the minority, but you feel uncomfortable if someone wants to condemn the vast majority of black people for the violence and hatred of the minority.

White privilege is an unaccepted cultural benefit that you believe in, but black criminality and violence is something you reject.

Funny how that works.

Again. Systemic racism CANNOT exist without law backing behavior. I feel like we've had this discussion...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
White people DO deal with Karens.
As managers, sure. I shouldn't have to explain how that's not the same thing as being harassed and threatened when you're just trying to go about your day in the park.

White people also deal with more interracial violence than any other race, and all other races, combined.
White people make up a majority of the country, so it's not surprising that they're over-represented in most statistics, but that's meaningless without context and without a source. How much of that violence is initiated by white people?

George Floyd's death was the result of a corrupt cop. Not white people. Not law enforcement. One bad man harming another person. You and the leftist media are the ones colluding the two.
George Floyd's death came after roughly four other incidents of filmed police brutality/murder directed at black people in the two weeks prior. The police union defended the cops in every one of these cases. If you really believe it was an isolated incident, you must have been living under a rock for the last several decades. "A few bad apples," remember?

Again. Systemic racism CANNOT exist without law backing behavior. I feel like we've had this discussion...
Breonna Taylor's murderer still hasn't been charged. She was killed in her own home while asleep. The law inherently backs law enforcement officers, no matter how heinous their crimes. That needs to change.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Violence, both per capita and by population percentage, is carried out in the vast majority by black Americans. Hands down. Check my math. US Department of Justice - FBI Crime Statistics. Every year.

Check my math. I wouldn't say it if I couldn't back it up.

If White Privilege is part of the cultural identity of white people, then Black Violence and Criminality is equally the cultural identity of black people.

Sounds awful, right? Sounds racist and horrible, no? That's what you get when you go off of raw numbers and apply statistics to human behavior. When you define people by numbers and not their character.

Except that you're cool with accusing and blaming white people for possessing and enjoying White Privilege, but you're awfully squeamish when it comes to labeling black people as being guilty of Black Violence and Criminality.

CULTURE. NOT RACE.

There was no law that condoned Breonna Taylor's murder, which is why her MURDERER is going to be CHARGED WITH MURDER. There is no way any prosecutor in this country, once charges can be filed, will not seek the highest possible penalty. That is kind of how our justice system works.

Come on, man. You're better than this.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Violence, both per capita and by population percentage, is carried out in the vast majority by black Americans. Hands down. Check my math. US Department of Justice - FBI Crime Statistics. Every year.
Now we're just going in circles. Cases of violence don't get reported unless a person is arrested and/or charged. Which means law enforcement targets black Americans specifically for arrest and conviction much of the time.

If White Privilege is part of the cultural identity of white people
It's not a part of our race's cultural identity, it's a part of US society. Probably a part of society in the UK too, but I don't have enough experience with that to say for sure.

There was no law that condoned Breonna Taylor's murder, which is why her MURDERER is being CHARGED WITH MURDER.
I'm Googling this and still pulling up nothing. From what I can tell, the cops responsible haven't even been suspended from the force, let alone charged with anything. Are you sure this isn't simply wishful thinking on your part?

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the case, sir. We live in the YouTube/WorldStar generation. Any major event WILL go viral. Even minor squabbles and street fights find their way to the mainstream, online. Doesn't matter if a crime was reported.

Show me a single video of a black man being assaulted by multiple white people. I will respond with a dozen; a HUNDRED videos of white people being assaulted by multiple black people. Please, let's play.

What is "US Society" if not a cultural identity? We're playing semantics, here.

Breonna Taylor's murderers WILL be charged. They even tried to charge George Zimmerman with child abuse. This is America. What can be charged, will be.

Unless you're Jussie Smollett and you have a racist State's Attorney backing you up. Systemic rac... let me stop.

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
There's no money going to the violent terrorist racist arsonist cop-killing organisation of rioters? Nice; that bunch of thugs should never be supported.

GBAtemp is one of the few still "free" forums on the net, believe it or not. I live in Chile and I tell you here these criminals destroyed my country last year, using the same excuses, the same "moddus operandi", the same riots, the same looting. All these people were getting PAID by international organzations. Traditional chilean communists, (and other assholes), never acted like this in the past

And believe it or not, my country Chile was NOT a "shithole" country. Sure, now it could count as one, but we were not and people were all in incredible awe of these situations. Also I know for a fact that some of these "demons" went to the US to "teach" left wing americans how to do this, I knew this months ago (I also tried to talk with Infowars and other alternative people about this, but no one listened).

I could have avoided some destruction in your country, but when people don't want to hear you, you may have the secret of eternal life, but if no one believes you or care, they will never know! It is ironic.

Last edited by nashismo,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not the case, sir. We live in the YouTube/WorldStar generation. Any major event WILL go viral. Even minor squabbles and street fights find their way to the mainstream online. Doesn't matter if a crime was reported.
Irrelevant, the FBI crime statistics don't account for Youtube videos.

Show me a single video of a black man being assaulted by multiple white people. I will respond with a dozen videos of white people being assaulted by multiple black people. Please, let's play.
I'm not interested in a dick measuring contest, especially given that you've chosen to ignore all the evidence I've posted so far which you asked for.

What is "US Society" if not a cultural identity? We're playing semantics, here.
US society is comprised of far more than one singular cultural identity, I thought that was common knowledge. It's our laws/law enforcement, our institutions, our politicians, our entertainment, etc and so forth. I know you really love to play the victim, but again, nobody is blaming individual white people in 2020 for the fact that white privilege has existed since America's founding.

Breonna Taylor's murderers WILL be charged.
Don't be so sure, there are laws protecting police who are in the process of executing warrants, even despite the fact it was a no-knock warrant at the wrong house in this case and they never identified themselves as police.

Unless you're Jussie Smollett and you have a racist State's Attorney backing you up. Systemic rac... let me stop.
Yeah you better stop before this gets more heated, because comparing George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, who are both now DEAD at the hands of the police, to a guy who faked a MAGA attack is really pissing me off.

GBAtemp is one of the few still "free" forums on the net, believe it or not. I live in Chile and I tell you here these criminals destroyed my country last year, using the same excuses, the same "moddus operandi", the same riots, the same looting. All these people were getting PAID by international organzations. Traditional chilean communists, (and other assholes), never acted like this in the past

And believe it or not, my country Chile was NOT a "shithole" country. Sure, now it could count as one, but we were not and people were all in incredible awe of these situations. Also I know for a fact that some of these "demons" went to the US to "teach" left wing americans how to do this, I knew this months ago (I also tried to talk with Infowars and other alternative people about this, but no one listened).

I could have avoided some destruction in your country, but when people don't want to hear you, you may have the secret of eternal life, but if no one believes you or care, they will never know! It is ironic.
Ah, the right-wing nutjobs love their conspiracy theories. :wacko:

It's a mistake believing that the majority of protesters are staunch leftists. People saw the life drain out of George Floyd's face, they heard him cry out for his mother, and they saw themselves in him at that moment. It's as simple as that. Every American with the smallest shred of empathy inside them was enraged by this murder, even those who typically stay out of politics. After all, murder should not be a political issue, regardless of who the murderer is or who they work for.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I really stan the motive and the fact that this is made for a good purpose...
But I fail to see how is this going to help?

In my days, education and values were given at home, not the Internet.

At this point, this whole "lives matter" movement went from something I truly cared about to complete Propaganda.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: RichardTheKing

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Irrelevant, the FBI crime statistics don't account for Youtube videos.

I'm not interested in a dick measuring contest, especially given that you've chosen to ignore all the evidence I've posted so far which you asked for.

US society is comprised of far more than one singular cultural identity, I thought that was common knowledge. It's our laws/law enforcement, our institutions, our politicians, our entertainment, etc and so forth. I know you really love to play the victim, but again, nobody is blaming individual white people in 2020 for the fact that white privilege has existed since America's founding.

Don't be so sure, there are laws protecting police who are in the process of executing warrants, even despite the fact it was a no-knock warrant at the wrong house in this case and they never identified themselves as police.

Yeah you better stop before this gets more heated, because comparing George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, who are both now DEAD at the hands of the police, to a guy who faked a MAGA attack is really pissing me off.

Ah, the right-wing nutjobs love their conspiracy theories. :wacko:

It's a mistake believing that the majority of protesters are staunch leftists. People saw the life drain out of George Floyd's face, they heard him cry out for his mother, and they saw themselves in him at that moment. It's as simple as that. Every American with the smallest shred of empathy inside them was enraged by this murder, even those who typically stay out of politics. After all, murder should not be a political issue, regardless of who the murderer is or who they work for.

So I should not QUESTION anything? They might have tought you not to do that, but MY GENERATION is free! You may see the truth right in front of your very eyes and you will still believe the bullshit, not my problem.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So I should not QUESTION anything? They might have tought you not to do that, but MY GENERATION is free! You may see the truth right in front of your very eyes and you will still believe the bullshit, not my problem.
The bullshit you spewed there wasn't about questioning anything or keeping an open mind, it was about assigning people as "other" so you have someone to blame for all your problems and/or your country's problems. Leftism is about unity of the working class rather than selfishness or "rugged individuality," so I certainly stand in solidarity with South America to that extent and to the extent that US imperialism has fucked with your country for decades. That said, you can take that "they ruined everything" attitude and fuck right off with it. That shit's just thinly-veiled racism and classism. If you really yearn that badly for fascist dictatorship rule in your country, I'm sure you won't have to wait too long to experience it.

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The bullshit you spewed there wasn't about questioning anything or keeping an open mind, it was about assigning people as "other" so you have someone to blame for all your problems and/or your country's problems. Leftism is about unity of the working class rather than selfishness or "rugged individuality," so I certainly stand in solidarity with South America to that extent and to the extent that US imperialism has fucked with your country for decades. That said, you can take that "they ruined everything" attitude and fuck right off with it. That shit's just thinly-veiled racism and classism. If you really yearn that badly for fascist dictatorship rule in your country, I'm sure you won't have to wait too long to experience it.

So you are a communist deepshit? Ok, I had forgotten your kind still existed, I mean, the real believers you know. One thing I said is simple though, I had the info in like february of this year 2020 that communists and organizers of October 2019 Chile destruction, where given "lectures" in the USA about "how to" do all this.

You see, here is the deal, you would have to investigate, and you would see my words are simply true, what happened in my country is EXACTLY what happened in the US in every possible way. And I knew it was going to happen! You don't have to believe me, I understand that, but I know is true, because like I said, I had the info at the begining of this year. It is truly scary, I tell you that.

Reactions: RichardTheKing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Looks like a brown recluse