Hacking custom-install "Latest seeddb.bin required" error, when using a just dumped one

Chillaxo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, so as the title says i've ran into this issue with custom-install, it asks me for the latest seeddb.bin when i try to add a Pokemon Ultra Moon .cia, but the problem is that i did select the seeddb.bin which i dumped just before running into this issue.

I also noticed when going through the instructions that boot9.bin and movable.sed were already dumped in the out folder in the gm9 folder. The files say they were last modified 01/01/2022, but i don't remember doing that. Maybe those are causing the problem? I want to dump them again but when doing it in GodMode9 obviously it says that the file already exists, so basically i would have to overwrite the existing one. Is it ok to overwrite it or will it cause any damage?

FIXED:

So basically i got the seeddb.bin by dumping a file named 000000.bin from my 3DS, and then used SEEDconv (i followed the steps from a YouTube video) but you actually need a seeddb.bin from the GitHub of ihaveamac for the custom-install to work.

Last edited by Chillaxo,
Reactions: phantom-lord

Chillaxo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Um, so i managed to install the game to the SD Card apparently, everything went smooth, i ejected the sd and then put it on the 3DS and now it isnt being read??? Not even on my PC?

Ugh, sorry for posting and then fixing myself again.. I just blowed into the SD Card and it worked again. 🤦

Reactions: phantom-lord

phantom-lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you so much. Very weird solution, why they named 2 different files with the same name !?

Anyway, It worked I think, no pop-up when I add Pokemon Ultra Sun this time ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: