Humble's Fight for Racial Justice bundle offers $1,243 worth of games and comics for $30

NwncVau.png

Support a charity while getting tons of games to add to your library, in this latest Humble Bundle that puts the spotlight on racial justice. For $30, you can get a huge collection of games, with 100% of the cost going to charities such as the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Race Forward, and The Bail Project. Included within the bundle are games, comics, and books, ranging from games such as Bioshock Remastered to Hyper Light Drifter, and everything in between, like The Jackbox Party Pack 4, Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, Broken Age, and more. There's also a variety of books focusing on race issues, protests, and civil rights. There's six days left to grab the bundle, if you're interested.

:arrow: Source

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I am referring specifically to Black Lives Matter as a racist terrorist organization, and to ANTI-FA as the same.

Good fruit does not come from a rotten tree. Have you marched with BLM? I have. I have seen, witnessed and experienced their racist rhetoric, lies and hate speech, first-hand, with my feet on the ground.

Please tell me about your actual, physical, in-real-life activism.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No. I am referring specifically to Black Lives Matter as a racist terrorist organization, and to ANTI-FA as the same.

Good fruit does not come from a rotten tree. Have you marched with BLM? I have. I have seen, witnessed and experienced their racist rhetoric, lies and hate speech, first-hand, with my feet on the ground.

Please tell me about your actual, physical, in-real-life activism.
Didn't they just recently set buildings ablaze, then block firemen from reaching the infernos? Putting people at risk, and negatively affecting countless uninvolved and innocent people?
Yeah, I don't know how any sane individual would want to support this band of thugs, this organisation of criminals.

Last edited by RichardTheKing,

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me make this part of my stance abundantly clear; I stand against racism in all its forms. I am an ally to any man, woman or child who is fighting the good fight against prejudice and discrimination.

Systemic racism does not exist in America, with the glaring exception of Affirmative Action, since the requirement for something to be systemic is behavior backed by law.

Corrupt cops are a danger to all of American society, and need to be dismantled, root and stem.

My personal politics have nothing to do with my desire to have ONE ESCAPE that allows me to not have to be subjected to a constant barrage of other people's politics. It isn't a right-wing power fantasy to want to play a fucking game without being bashed over the head with how privileged and horrible the entire white race is.

Humble Bundle is simply appealing to the latest public trend. It's transparent and laughable. They're just trying to siphon off some of that tasty, juicy outrage and turn it into dollars to boost their lagging sales on mostly indie games that anyone who wanted would have already purchased.

No Lives Matter. We all suck.

Cheers.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Nonsense. Cops have multiple non-lethal weapons at their disposal, and they almost always reach for the lethal option first, even when it comes to suspects already in handcuffs or otherwise restrained. Video evidence of this has only become more and more prevalent as cell phones have become commonplace. HBO's Watchmen may have provided one of the very few effective solutions to this problem: a remote lock on police firearms that can only be disabled by calling in shots fired or an equally dangerous scenario.
That is merely your perception of police and not a reflection of possible circumstances. Non-lethal options are not always effective, stun guns do not always incapacitate and there can be a strength and/or speed differential between a police officer and a perpetrator in the perpetrator's favour. Again depending on circumstances, deadly force can be the preferable method of halting a crime in progress in the case of impending harm.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Humble Bundle is simply appealing to the latest public trend. It's transparent and laughable. They're just trying to siphon off some of that tasty, juicy outrage and turn it into dollars to boost their lagging sales on mostly indie games that anyone who wanted would have already purchased.
Like, say, Ubisoft, who gave $4 million to charities and stuff - sounds good, until you notice they gave more than SEVEN TIMES that to their already-massively-overpaid CEO. Or Bethesda, who puts up a facade of being pro-LGBT+ by making their profile icons rainbow - except for the Middle-East and nearby accounts, which never changed.

It's done just to pander to people thirsty for "social justice" in the thinnest, most transparent and cheapest way possible. Once 1 July comes, ALL of this pandering will cease since it'll no longer be "Pride Month" - I bet you that.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like, say, Ubisoft, who gave $4 million to charities and stuff - sounds good, until you notice they gave more than SEVEN TIMES that to their already-massively-overpaid CEO. Or Bethesda, who puts up a facade of being pro-LGBT+ by making their profile icons rainbow - except for the Middle-East and nearby accounts, which never changed.

It's done just to pander to people thirsty for "social justice" in the thinnest, most transparent and cheapest way possible. Once 1 July comes, ALL of this pandering will cease since it'll no longer be "Pride Month" - I bet you that.

Well said, sir. This is virtue signaling at its finest. Remember the episode of South Park, "Canada on Strike"?

Remember the part where the guy sees Ike standing in the snow with his "Honk If You Support Canada" sign, honks his horn, then cheerfully suggests to his wife that they have accomplished their good deed for the day, and as a result, now he can make love to her anus without making god angry?

This. So much of this. Every last bit of this. Black out your cover photo on Facebook. Buy a bundle of games you don't want. You're really moving the needle, there, champ.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I am referring specifically to Black Lives Matter as a racist terrorist organization
And which part of "we want cops to stop killing us" makes them racist terrorists, exactly? As far as I'm aware, not a single murder has been rightly attributed to BLM.

and to ANTI-FA as the same.
Not an organization, but rather a loosely associated group of anarchists and tankies (communists). The counter-culture, if you will. Their methods do enter more of a grey area, as they are definitely a bit quicker to resort to violence, but very rarely do they employ deadly force or carry guns.

Good fruit does not come from a rotten tree.
Put another way, "a few bad apples spoil the entire bunch." Yet another statement I take no issue with, besides the fact that we don't apply it equally to police. Gangs are literally held to a higher standard of conduct.

Have you marched with BLM? I have. I have seen, witnessed and experienced their racist rhetoric, lies and hate speech, first-hand, with my feet on the ground.
Yes I have, I've attended a couple BLM-sponsored protests. Both were entirely peaceful, and though I did overhear a fair amount of frustration wrongly directed at white people in general, everybody was friendly and welcoming to me (as a white guy) in particular. If we don't want divides to grow deeper and racism to fester further in both white and black communities, the status quo as it is now cannot stand.

No Lives Matter. We all suck.
Nihilism isn't going to solve any of our problems, it's equally as dismissive as the corporate pandering that you claim to hate so much.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When they are chanting "Oink, oink, bang, bang" on the streets.

When they are chanting "Too black, too strong" on the streets.

When they are vandalizing black churches, burning down black-owned businesses and shooting black police officers to death as a protest against a black man being killed by a piece of shit cop.

When they are blocking ambulances and emergency responders from being able to get to people whom are dying.

That's when it becomes domestic terrorism. That's when it becomes racist.

I am glad that you have put your words into action, and that you agree that there is a strong anti-white sentiment running rampant throughout the undercurrent of BLM. I am glad you recognize that they hate and despise all white people and accuse innocent folks of hate and crimes, privilege and discrimination that they have never enjoyed or perpetrated, respectively.

I believe there IS a way that we can all come together. Black Lives Matter is most absolutely and utterly not it. Companies supporting them are doing so out of fear of the repercussions of not jumping on the bandwagon.

Comedy Central doesn't give a bloody fuck about police brutality. They just want your Nielsen ratings. If all it takes is a few hastily made commercials to produce cheap public goodwill, why not? Any port in a storm. Any excuse for a tyrant. Let no crisis go unexploited.

I remain highly skeptical of any company, corporation or celebrity who has something to sell who suddenly announces where they stand on virtues. If you lived that life, you wouldn't need to broadcast it; your fans and followers and supporters would sing your praises for you.

Last edited by CraddaPoosta,
D

Deleted User

i'm gonna chime in on this topic for just a bit

what makes "white people bad" less racist than "black man bad" and "orange man bad"
isn't it still literally racism?

either way i'm tired of seeing this shit everywhere. i can't go to a single website where i am not punted with at least 3 "racial equality/pro blm" posts and it's really annoying

Last edited by ,

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what makes "white people bad" less racist than "black man bad" and "orange man bad"

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The only difference is, if you can demonize or dehumanize your opponent, you have carte blanche to act in any way you please. You become a protected class. A superior species. An unassailable champion of imagined and hypocritical virtue.

If you can say to someone, "You're only (insert justified action or statement) because I'm (protected class/species/race/gender identity/religion/political view)", you utterly dismiss them as an individual and place yourself above them. Then you're free to do whatever you want because you made the other guy the villain. Absolute absolution from personal accountability or responsibility for your own actions and decisions. The strongest class in this game is "Victim".

Say goodnight to the bad guy.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country

either way i'm tired of seeing this shit everywhere. i can't go to a single website where i am not punted with at least 3 "racial equality/pro blm" posts and it's really annoying
Currently, yes. These days many people are operating with a stipulative definition of racism. There is a big push to supplant the current definition with this new definition which would effectively make racism against a majority racial group impossible.

Reactions: RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Because some idiots like to blame the white people alive today for the actions of white people hundreds of years ago - particularly, those involved with slavery.
No white people today have anything to do with slavery or colonialism or anything else, but that history's still enough to make hating on whites "acceptable" behaviour.

Plus how we're so focused on black people receiving equality, that the white people who do honestly need it too get brushed aside merely because of their pale skin colour.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I mean, that $4 million dollars will still do a lot of good even despite the fact that every CEO in America receives a ludicrously over-the-top salary. Money is the highest authority in the land, after all. The Bethesda thing is a much better example of a corporation just trying to make themselves feel better without actually accomplishing anything, though.

When they are chanting "Oink, oink, bang, bang" on the streets.

When they are chanting "Too black, too strong" on the streets.

When they are vandalizing black churches, burning down black-owned businesses and shooting black police officers to death as a protest against a black man being killed by a piece of shit cop.

When they are blocking ambulances and emergency responders from being able to get to people whom are dying.

That's when it becomes domestic terrorism. That's when it becomes racist.
Since when is "police" a race? None of that sounds inherently racist to me, though obviously I find the last two points morally objectionable. There is some nuance to all this as well; rioters are not part of the same groups as peaceful protesters, and I have seen videos of protesters clearing the way for ambulances instead of blocking them.

I am glad you recognize that they hate and despise all white people and accuse innocent folks of hate and crimes, privilege and discrimination that they have never enjoyed or perpetrated, respectively.
I don't recognize or agree with that. There are individuals that might feel that way, but these views are not endorsed by the BLM organization as whole. Additionally, privilege is very rarely made obvious to those who are beneficiaries of it. Privilege can mean something as simple as being left alone to your own devices in a situation where a person of color would be pestered by a Karen relentlessly.

I remain highly skeptical of any company, corporation or celebrity who has something to sell who suddenly announces where they stand on virtues.
That's a good thing, you should be skeptical or even critical of vocal support without action. Actions are what matters, whether that be taking part in protests or donating to charities fighting for equal justice.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...I've got lots of opinions here. Let's split in two parts.

One: this bundle...

It's obviously very good value for your buck, and 100% going to charity? Heh...it's (once again) a win-win situation for gamers.

Well...unless you're already very familiar with humble. From a quick glance:
11 or 12 I'm somewhat interested in
26 I already own
5 I don't give a damn about
...and one DLC for a game I don't have. :P
(not sure if I'm illegible for a month of humble choice, and if so, if I can choose another month than this. I canceled for a reason)
Books and comics are...well, at least they're now at least partially with the theme. I wonder which percentage of buyers will read even a single one of 'em, though. :unsure:

Conclusion: I'd certainly pass if it wasn't for charity. But as it stands, I'm in doubt (after the Australia fire bundle, the covid bundle and itch.io's huge-ass bundle, my backlog has found new meanings of the word "full" already :P ). I'll probably donate, though...

Part two: the itch.io bundle. Before anything else, I should correct an earlier statement: the bundle grew as it gained traction. When it ended (a couple days ago), you ultimately got 1741 games for your 5 dollar (or higher, should you want to).

Of course, itch.io is a different platform entirely, which brings up the following point...
itch.io had alot of crap games , thats why it was 5 bucks.
The short answer: most likely. itch.io is foremost a platform for independent developers. The gist of their library is probably akin to what a sketch atelier or a doodle book is to artists: short, weird experimental games where developers throw things to the wall to see what sticks. "Games" is also used pretty liberal, as there are editors, editor assets, sound effects and even some print & play card games included. Heck...some are even so insane it gets credit on their name alone:
"old man character sound effects"
"steal this game! rebels & renegades"
"mr mayor tells your fortune recounts a story and offers you snacks"
"my friend took me to a feline therapy place for my anxiety and I'm starting to wonder where the cats are?"
"dungeons and lesbians"
"Hot gay bro dragons"

So...yeah. If you won't touch a game made by team smaller s than a full football stadium's worth of developers, this isn't a good bundle for you. In fact, the entire bundle's value is around 9506 dollar, which is...a rather low price-per-game. Which is probably due to the fact that IT ALSO HAS SOME ACTUAL FREE GAMES IN IT! :P

Furthermore:
It won't fill your Steam library. You don't get Steam codes for the games; you get direct download links. That's actually the biggest downside imo; you get 1741 individual download links.
Erm...you probably didn't meant to, but you are calling DRM-free games a downside in this post. But aside from that, it also is less tied to platforms. While it doesn't happen often, there are developers who provide .apk files to play on android devices. :)

Reactions: Xzi

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No True Scotsman, brother. "THESE BLM supporters are not TRUE BLM supporters".

If it quacks like a duck...

Remember that the founder of BLM in Toronto was under fire for tweeting a prayer to Allah that she didn't "cuss/kill these white folk today". Good fruit.

The average BLM supporter believes White Privilege is a real thing and actually exists. It's actually in their mission statement. In their bylaws.

This ideology is racist to its core. Good fruit, 'member?

I can get down with standing against wickedness in any form, whether it be racism or police brutality or any other social inequity.

I cannot get down with demonizing an entire race of people, or a chosen profession, based on the actions of the wicked few.

By the way, LOVING the debate, @Xzi

Too few people can intelligently articulate their points of view without devolving into ad hominem. Well met and good form.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from now on no furure bundle will be worth it anymore and every one of them will be overpriced forever because there was a 1000 game bundle for $5 at some point...

That makes total sense ;)
That bundle summed up "quantity over quality". It's like going to Walmart, paying 5 dollars, and being able to grab as many shitty games from the shovelware bin as you like. Except the games in Walmart's shovelware bargain bin are probably a lot better.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Systemic racism does not exist in America, with the glaring exception of Affirmative Action, since the requirement for something to be systemic is behavior backed by law.
Isn't AA racist as fuck against Asians trying to get into college?

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
"That don't matter; who cares about Asians anyway? All we care about are blacks, women, and LGBT+! Screw any other group; we need to promote these three and these three alone! Let's get them jobs and education spots they're not at all eligible for otherwise, due to them lacking the necessary skills or knowledge level! All that matters is that they're black, women, or LGBT+, because they're systematically oppressed by the heterosexual white patriarchy! It's flawless logic!"

Last edited by RichardTheKing,

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That bundle summed up "quantity over quality". It's like going to Walmart, paying 5 dollars, and being able to grab as many shitty games from the shovelware bin as you like. Except the games in Walmart's shovelware bargain bin are probably a lot better.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is no social or economic benefit to stand up for Asians who don't get cast in roles in major Hollywood films, or are expected to be racially, inherently better at scholastic testing than a black person who automatically gets a boost on their SAT scores.

Affirmative Action remains the last vestige of systemic racism. I don't see anyone crying about that, though. Who cares about scores and ability? Race is truly what matters, right? Right? Right.

#representation
#letsmakeThorfemale
#SpongeBobissuddenlygay
#Elmowantstoteachyouaboutracialjustice
#getwoke
#checkyourprivilege

Reactions: RichardTheKing

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The average BLM supporter believes White Privilege is a real thing and actually exists.

This ideology is racist to its core. Good fruit, 'member?
There seems to be some misunderstanding here. Suggesting white privilege exists (it does) is not the same thing as suggesting that white people are inferior to black people. You're taking offense where none need be taken. After all, you weren't the one who established race-based policing or laws in the US. You can be a force for good against those things, and I guarantee you would receive praise for it from all sides.

I cannot get down with demonizing an entire race of people, or a chosen profession, based on the actions of the wicked few.
Profession is not a protected class precisely because you do get to choose it. Nobody chooses their race, sexual preference, etc. Enacting reforms to policing in order to hold them more accountable for their own actions can hardly be considered the same thing as oppression.

Meh, I was missing most of the big-ticket games from the bundle, so it was a pretty good value from my point of view. Nobody seems to dislike Kerbal Space Program, Sonic All-Stars Racing, Armello, Age of Wonders 3, or Elite Dangerous, for example. There were also at least a couple roguelikes that I was glad to add to my library. To each their own though, it largely depends on which games you already have.

Last edited by Xzi,

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
White privilege absolutely does NOT exist. To even suggest such is racist. Suggesting such is suggesting that white people do not struggle and are inherently blessed with ABSOLUTE advantage.

More white people are on welfare than all other races, combined. More white people die of starvation and poverty than all other races in America, combined. Only white people can be accused of racism and summarily dismissed out-of-hand. Suggesting that all white people are privileged is saying that everyone else is socially inferior. That DEFINES the term "racism".

Most people do not think like this. Most people are good and decent.

Racism is the belief that any race is, or can be, inherently superior or inferior to any other race, based on exclusive racial characteristics.

Please provide me an example of how melanin provides a human being with any inherent advantage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Veho, let @AncientBoi fix it