Huawei says their new phone is a better portable gaming machine than the Nintendo Switch

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it wasn't for the front camera, it would be a good looking phone. I like the size.

Even if it doesn't hit big with gaming, it still seems like it will do fine as a phone.

why not two snapons for actual buttons
I'm pretty certain that is for easier access to the screen, not that I agree with only having 1/2 a controller.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
gaming...phone
VwJYTOPOSmSwE7wGzPmw_hicahklqqmmzrkzbeyxd.gif

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You call it crazy, but who has more industry experience and makes better corporate decisions?

Look how the switch is selling. End of story.

I know that I am having one... but not only Nintendo uses outdated specs hardware... Apple is mastering it for years also... But also loved my OLED Vita compared it to my Slim version of it.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weren’t their phones the ones found to contain spyware for the Chinese Government? Something like 80-90% according to the NSA and DoD? No thanks china!

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2017 flagship phones and onward have more power than the switch, that's no brainer... Comparing a 300 dollars console to a 600 and up phone is not a nice one..
About what games you can play on an android flagship phone?
Well
1)Retroarch with all the cores, that can even play WII games..
2)PPSSP at full speed (PSP)
3)Drastic at full speed (DS)
4)Citra (still wip)
5)Fortnite
6)PUBG
7)Mortal Kombat x Android (addicting game)
8)Bully - Rockstar
9) GTA 3d saga (3, VC, SA)
10)Liberty city stories
11)Chinatown wars
12)Max Payne

and the list goes on and on. The only thing that the Switch has against an Android flagship are the exclusive titles. Which are not much... i think that Google play has even more exclusives than the Switch...

By the way, playing any game, you can get up to 3 to 4 hours.... phone don't have anymore small batteries...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2017 flagship phones and onward have more power than the switch, that's no brainer... Comparing a 300 dollars console to a 600 and up phone is not a nice one..
About what games you can play on an android flagship phone?
Well
1)Retroarch with all the cores, that can even play WII games..
2)PPSSP at full speed (PSP)
3)Drastic at full speed (DS)
4)Citra (still wip)
5)Fortnite
6)PUBG
7)Mortal Kombat x Android (addicting game)
8)Bully - Rockstar
9) GTA 3d saga (3, VC, SA)
10)Liberty city stories
11)Chinatown wars
12)Max Payne

and the list goes on and on. The only thing that the Switch has against an Android flagship are the exclusive titles. Which are not much... i think that Google play has even more exclusives than the Switch...

By the way, playing any game, you can get up to 3 to 4 hours.... phone don't have anymore small batteries...

Do I detect anti Switch sentiment? Not surprised. Get an Android phone then.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Newsflash: phones do have small batteries. What they've been improving is software efficiency.

But if you're playing a mobile game for 3 hours straight, with the max brightness and audio, then you're gonna have a bad time.

The Switch's battery is as big as half the console for a reason. We're far behind on battery technology.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ir doesn't matter how much resolution you have , Look ps4 much better resolution and sound but the worst games .
The important things are fun game and neither Ps4 or hawuei has them

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do I detect anti Switch sentiment? Not surprised. Get an Android phone then.
I already have a flagship phone that can run those things and i also have a switch. So no, i'm not anti switch(300 euros, mediamkart). Nintendo had a good idea and the switch is priced according to the hardware it has.
But people sees to think that Android phones are still using the same hardware as they were using in 2011.

In fact i'm "anti-something" is anti-sony due to some of their stunts and ideas.

Newsflash: phones do have small batteries. What they've been improving is software efficiency.

But if you're playing a mobile game for 3 hours straight, with the max brightness and audio, then you're gonna have a bad time.

The Switch's battery is as big as half the console for a reason. We're far behind on battery technology.

So you think that 4000 mah for a phone is small??? Ok... oh yes the battery of the switch is much bigger lol 4300 mah... so much bigger.

Last edited by WildDog,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITT: Comparing phone gaming to a dedicated gaming system. Oof.

Yeah, call me crazy, but I like to use my phone to actually communicate with people and not play games with crappy touchscreen controls and HUDs that take up 90% of the screen. Kinda kills any motivation to play emulators, etc. Then you have to buy a decent Bluetooth controller, then a stand. It's a pain.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They talked a lot, just like Trump, but nothing serious anyways. Like the last time they mocked Apple for the notches, then add one to their phones later.

Anyone knew better would understand Nintendo was never here for the hardware, but the unique experience and game IP.

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, call me crazy, but I like to use my phone to actually communicate with people and not play games with crappy touchscreen controls and HUDs that take up 90% of the screen. Kinda kills any motivation to play emulators, etc. Then you have to buy a decent Bluetooth controller, then a stand. It's a pain.
Comparing a phone to a dedicated console in 2018 is a pretty fair comparasion.... It seems you are stuck in 2011....

Mi phone with an ipega 9025 next to my n2dsxl... It's more convinient for my, to take my ipega 9025 than to take the n2dsxl. The switch never leaves the dock..
Guess which one has a better resolution, a more powerful soc and better battery life....

Clipboard01.jpg

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So you think that 4000 mah for a phone is small??? Ok... oh yes the battery of the switch is much bigger lol 4300 mah... so much bigger.
I didn't say it was small, I said it's not "better". The majority of improvements about battery life for any device come from software efficiency. Have you ever wondered why laptops and phones are slowly increasing in battery life but not handheld consoles? This is why.

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't say it was small, I said it's not "better". The majority of improvements about battery life for any device come from software efficiency. Have you ever wondered why laptops and phones are slowly increasing in battery life but not handheld consoles? This is why.

But it is better, because with my 4000 mah i can get about 5 hours of SoT (Screen on Time) BT, Wifi always on and apps like google fit always using the gps....

While with the switch i can hardly get 4.5 hours with a bigger battery... So yes, my phone is doing a much better job at battery use than my switch.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But it is better, because with my 4000 mah i can get about 5 hours of SoT (Screen on Time) BT, Wifi always on and apps like google fit always using the gps....

While with the switch i can hardly get 4.5 hours with a bigger battery... So yes, my phone is doing a much better job at battery use than my switch.
Too bad that a phone doesn't use 100% of the CPU when the screen is awake. Try playing any intensive mobile game for more than 3 hours.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comparing a phone to a dedicated console in 2018 is a pretty fair comparasion.... It seems you are stuck in 2011....

Mi phone with an ipega 9025 next to my n2dsxl... It's more convinient for my, to take my ipega 9025 than to take the n2dsxl. The switch never leaves the dock..
Guess which one has a better resolution, a more powerful soc and better battery life....

View attachment 149733

Then why in the hell do you even bother having a Switch? Sounds to me that it's of little to no use to you since you clearly have a superior phone that you use for gaming. You should sell your Switch to someone who actually enjoys it.

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then why in the hell do you even bother having a Switch? Sounds to me that it's of little to no use to you since you clearly have a superior phone that you use for gaming. You should sell your Switch to someone who actually enjoys it.
Because i do enjoy my switch too, the same way i enjoy my rpi3b with lakka, the same way that i enjoy my n2dsxl, or my og PSP.....
People get so defensive about a piece hardware.. when most of the hardware can co exist without problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!