Huawei says their new phone is a better portable gaming machine than the Nintendo Switch

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can it, though?
Of course they can coexist in fact they do.

Look it's a bit childish to think, that because you enjoy a nintendo product you can't enjoy a sony, microsoft or huawei product.

It's think that because you like to play with sub zero, that means you must hate/dislike scorpion players or even worst banned to play as scorpion xD.

Too bad that a phone doesn't use 100% of the CPU when the screen is awake. Try playing any intensive mobile game for more than 3 hours.
Do you think that the switch is running all the time at 100% LOL, just look for kernel governors......

Last edited by WildDog,

marazzmatika

Naive guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Huawei recently unveiled the Mate 20 and interestingly, they didn't compare it to any other phone. Instead, they used the Nintendo Switch as a comparison and said that the phone will provide a better gaming experience and be a “better portable gaming machine” than the console.
They've compared the screens (of which the Mate 20 has a larger and 1080p one) and the battery life which they claim is double of the Switch's 3 hours at 6.5 hours. They've also announced a snap-on controller (which at first glance only contains a circle pad, a D-pad, and a shoulder button).
What are your thoughts on this?

View attachment 146852 View attachment 146849 View attachment 146850 View attachment 146851 View attachment 146853 View attachment 146854

:arrow: Source • Facebook
Haha,it's not better than switch without big Mario title.

SpookyGhost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering Nintendo is interested in the mobile market it's not impossible to see some say Mario games on mobile in the future. When it comes down to it either way this will be good PR for their new phone. Love it or hate it people are going to talk about it. Not to mention the people that will want it for a small portable emulator that is also a phone so they always have it on them. Sure the Switch is portable but it doesn't fit in your pocket. The question will be is it actually better. Graphically, battery, etc. It could be a big hit or a massive flop.

marazzmatika

Naive guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Considering Nintendo is interested in the mobile market it's not impossible to see some say Mario games on mobile in the future. When it comes down to it either way this will be good PR for their new phone. Love it or hate it people are going to talk about it. Not to mention the people that will want it for a small portable emulator that is also a phone so they always have it on them. Sure the Switch is portable but it doesn't fit in your pocket. The question will be is it actually better. Graphically, battery, etc. It could be a big hit or a massive flop.
There will be another Pocket mario run animal pokemon go battle

cloud8111

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Phone vs. Gaming device? Really?

Nothing can come close to the Taco! (Nokia Ngage)
best ever created

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

agreed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

clash of clan is best

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
what games uses a joystick with no buttons?
I'm pretty sure the right side will still be touch-based.
The emulated stick that many phone games have will also be accessible with this actual thumb stick. And don't forget the shoulder button.

This move will make it even harder for Nintendo to penetrate the Chinese market, which is unfortunate.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, no, mobile games are almost exclusively predatory, money-eating apps. Fuck that.
My Switch can run homebrew and play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Link's Awakening, none of which is even slightly predatory.

Thanks, Huawei, you just made me lose all interest in you and your products. Great job! :yay:

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is... Is this a joke? Are they actually serious about this?

Comparing console games to shitty android games..? That's.. That's actually what they're-- Alrighty, then.. We'll see how that works out, I guess..

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes but can it play Fappy Turd,... er I mean Slappy Monkey... no , um I mean Skyrim? Yeah, that's it, Skyrim?, No Minecrap, no deal.
Skyrim...Skyrim...Skyrim...why does that sound familiar...? I swear I've heard of that name from somewhere...
Oh yeah, wasn't it that bug-infested glitchy mess of an open-world game made by Bugthesda, who never actually patched any bugs or glitches despite the existence of fan-made patches, yet decided to rerelease it several times over the course of seven years? Wasn't it that bug-filled glitchy mess that suffered from memory leak issues on the PS3?

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyrim...Skyrim...Skyrim...why does that sound familiar...? I swear I've heard of that name from somewhere...
Oh yeah, wasn't it that bug-infested glitchy mess of an open-world game made by Bugthesda, who never actually patched any bugs or glitches despite the existence of fan-made patches, yet decided to rerelease it several times over the course of seven years? Wasn't it that bug-filled glitchy mess that suffered from memory leak issues on the PS3?

The (in my opinion) worst game in the entire Elder Scrolls franchise. That they incessantly re-released for almost a decade, instead of doing anything new.

Making ES fans like me who didn't like Skyrim in comparison to the rest wait.

And wait.

Get our hopes up for every Bethesda ES announcement for it just to be Skyrim.

Again.

And again.

And again.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The (in my opinion) worst game in the entire Elder Scrolls franchise. That they incessantly re-released for almost a decade, instead of doing anything new.

Making ES fans like me who didn't like Skyrim in comparison to the rest wait.

And wait.

Get our hopes up for every Bethesda ES announcement for it just to be Skyrim.

Again.

And again.

And again.
I feel you, man; I'm currently waiting for a brand-new Legend of Zelda game that isn't open-world with ill-fitting and inherently frustrating survival elements (i.e. Breath of the Wild), or another remake/port (e.g. Link's Awakening Switch, Twilight Princess HD, The Wind Waker HD).
The last brand-new closed-world game was 2013's A Link Between Worlds, which is still fantastic; it's just been so long since I've been able to enjoy something actually fresh and fun (BotW definitely isn't).

Last edited by AkiraKurusu,
Reactions: StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel you, man; I'm currently waiting for a brand-new Legend of Zelda game that isn't open-world with ill-fitting and inherently frustrating survival elements (i.e. Breath of the Wild), or another remake/port (e.g. Link's Awakening Switch, Twilight Princess HD, The Wind Waker HD).
The last brand-new closed-world game was 2013's A Link Between Worlds, which is still fantastic; it's just been so long since I've been able to enjoy something actually fresh and fun (BotW definitely isn't).

I can definitely understand that. I'm not that big of a Zelda guy, but I've been waiting for a new, unique Pokemon game. The last one I really felt had some unique ideas was Gen 5. I haven't played Sword/Shield, but I've watched my friend play enough of it to know nothing's really different there.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: