Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it. Thanks! Will report back soon with results.

Edit: Darn. Getting the same thing as you.

This may be a good sign, if sonic2756 sees this post.

Last night someone else (gunner007) was having the same exact problem at the same place and sonic posted him a fix for it.
Something about...

Well, got the save to show up and load!
Then it freezes up when pressing A :(
Almost there :) Thanks for your help

I forgot to apply the fix. Try it now.
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Works!

Reactions: freejak13

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This save got me further then the one posted on first page.

I can see the gateway save for first time. Do not get corrupt save finally! When I press A though I get frozen screen.

Did you wait 30 seconds before pressing A? Are you using the original microSD card inside the N3DS?

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some additional notes that I've personally been experiencing:

1) If you try running the exploit once and it doesn't work but crashes you back to home menu, it will NOT work the second time, the 3ds needs a power cycle.

2) If you successfully run the exploit the first time but get kicked out of gwmode/emunand, again you will need a power cycle, the exploit doesn't work the second time.

3) Once you load up the game and you load the save, don't press A immediately when the game loads, I've had issues with this just causing crashes and not actually booting the exploit, give it a few seconds, then press A to check. (Maybe it's some part of the code not being fully loaded? Or something to do with the load chain? No idea o.o)

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that before you wake up in the hut, don;t press A for at least 30 seconds and that will bypass the lockup/freeze

I will try this now.

Loading up the game...
Loading up the save...
Heating up a Pepperoni Hot-Pocket (2 Minutes....)
Press-A

Nope. Frozen.

(At least I have a Hot Pocket to eat now, Thanks!!)

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did a test where I put oot in the first slot. Still getting the freezing issue. I don't think the placement of the rom is causing any issue.

Did you delete the GATEWAY***** save from inside the game before you tried it again in the first position?

I tried this before and it would never show the save again until I added a another title and put it back in the 2nd position (or 3rd, or 4th, or...)
I have no idea why this is, but it works/locksup for me 100% of the time when I do it this way.

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
OP
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States

dustmite

Stays Frosty
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
not quite yet. The only 3ds scene japanese OoT Rom was released by Bahamut unless someone knows something I don't. Right now I am waiting to see if this rom is even compatible. I have tried multiple times and tried downloading and redownloading on many sites so for right now I can say it does not work on Jap new3ds 8.1 at least

What exactly do you mean by "does not work"?
Did you try the new save by HELPER, posted in the first post?

Please describe the problem exactly.

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you delete the GATEWAY***** save from inside the game before you tried it again in the first position?

I tried this before and it would never show the save again until I added a another title and put it back in the 2nd position (or 3rd, or 4th, or...)
I have no idea why this is, but it works for me 100% of the time when I do it this way.

I believe if you follow step four in the link I posted above it should show up. It's supposed to do a clean wipe of the saves and initialize the first save correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...