Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

cowboy619

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need 4gb as long as it is modified correctly. Just buy the cheapest one. I picked up the factory sealed game at 99 cents from ebay. If you still want to know the sizes of games, check the scene release page and sort it in order of game size.
So i can use any game header. Size doesnt matter?

lucasferrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
this tutorial will work with a personal dump of luigis mansion made in omega 2.2 into pokemon x/y- animal croosing(since their save methods are diferent )?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i always try to give a friendly reply, but now i understand when i go on other forums (xda), and ask something in a big thread, why some people give short, mean replies, telling me to search more :)

Reactions: MrEl

MrEl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i always try to give a friendly reply, but now i understand when i go on other forums (xda), and ask something in a big thread, why some people give short, mean replies, telling me to search more :)

Yeah, but you know how you feel when you get such replies :(. That's why I always try to answer friendly :)

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Possible to split 4gb+ .3dz? One of my cards is buggy on exFAT.
good question... try renaming it how gateway want us to name split .3ds files, but replace the s with a z? there isn't a s in the split file extension though... right?
maybe it's not possible... nothing will go wrong if you try :)

bacon22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good question... try renaming it how gateway want us to name split .3ds files, but replace the s with a z? there isn't a s in the split file extension though... right?
maybe it's not possible... nothing will go wrong if you try :)

Yeah I was trying to figure out how to do it. Don't think it's possible tho. :)

Reactions: cearp

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I modified the MSG3 snake eater public header on First post that someone dumped to inject into Pokemon X, however I still cant go online even with it being a 3DZ file
which public header can I used and modify to work with Pokemon X to go online??

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So I modified the MSG3 snake eater public header on First post that someone dumped to inject into Pokemon X, however I still cant go online even with it being a 3DZ file
which public header can I used and modify to work with Pokemon X to go online??
any if its modified correctly

mcsdoode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guess Ill have to try again when Im home remodify the header and inject it to see if it works

Try values C2 F8 00 98 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF at offset 00000040 and leaving offset 00000000 as it is. That worked for me on a Eur scene release of Pokemon Y.

mcsdoode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

In all fairness, the OP has yet to update the first post with a lot of relevant information gained through the discussion (i.e. how to actually edit the header values, what the values actually change/need to be, and a list of known working values for offset 00000040 and the respective games). Either the first post needs to be updated more diligently or a new thread with updated info and known working games/values needs to be created.

Reactions: tjexp and cearp

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
any if its modified correctly
What does that mean "modified correctly" ?!?
With Gateway ROM Patcher v0.2 software, modification of header is always correct, isn't it ?

So any headers can be interchanged at will, regardless of the card manufacturer, the size of the game, the type of the card (CARD1/CARD2) or level update required, right ?

Twinuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you're not at ease with hexa edit, offsets etc use Gateway Rom Patcher v0.3 and just copy/paste the infos others are giving. IDs are maybe public and it could be risky, but they work :/

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What does that mean "modified correctly" ?!?
With Gateway ROM Patcher v0.2 software, modification of header is always correct, isn't it ?

So any headers can be interchanged at will, regardless of the card manufacturer, the size of the game, the type of the card (CARD1/CARD2) or level update required, right ?
i just tried 0.3 of that program and it didnt automatically adjust anything just pasted the exact header in as it was, and then to use the editor function i need to go extract the game ID anyway....seems a bit counterproductive..........idk may somethin got messed up between 0.2 and 0.3, but anyway he didnt say if he was using that program anyway so i assume he was editing manually, in which case he should just edit his rom to look exactly like this in the hex editor
pkmx.jpg

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the firmware.

1. Manufacturer (0x1240)
45 = SanDisk
AE = OKI Semiconductor
C2 = Macronix

2. Size (0x1241)
7F = 128mb
FF = 256mb
FE = 512mb
FA = 1gb
F8 = 2gb
F0 = 4gb

3. Unknown (0x1242)
00 =
02 =

4. Card Type (0x1243)
90 = card1
98 = card2

You are very close to being correct.
1st
I believe 0x90 0x98 and 0x9F are JEDEC Query functions (0x9x been around forever with nintendo carts)
3 Hardware interface
3.1 Query command interface
The CFI Query structure is accessed similar to the existing “ID Mode” or “JEDEC ID” access for
nonvolatile memories, but uses a different, non-conflicting command code. The Query access
command is 98h, while the JEDEC ID mode access mode is 90h.

2nd point
the size is a 2 bytes or 1 word value( in little endian). So if there is a 0x02 in byte 3 then multiply by 8 the value of byte 2.

Reactions: tjexp and cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging