Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patcher has worked perfectly for me so far, using the Metal Gear Solid header from the 4GB ROM on all of my trimmed (and mostly supertrimmed) ROMs.

Sucks to have to start the game over on ALL of my games that will now have online, but, it's a fair trade.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
any header, just make it fit, so make it for the right size and make it for card 2.
Well, since Pokemon Y is the only card2 retail game I've got and it's bigger than Animal Crossing, that won't work right?
That kind of limits my options since there aren't a lot of card2 games out...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well, since Pokemon Y is the only card2 retail game I've got and it's bigger than Animal Crossing, that won't work right?
That kind of limits my options since there aren't a lot of card2 games out...
read through the thread, search etc, you can make it work, trust me. you shouldn't even need to change anything in your case, have you even tried it? you have nothing to lose. stop worrying, just try it.

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
can anybody tell me what is the chip for Mario golf world tour USA version , I tried everything but nothing worked

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I JUST CONFIRM THIS
Smaller to Larger WORKS.

I bought Angry birds star wars for just $10, edited use gateway dumper to dump the game, extracted the header, modified and put it into Mario Kart 7 and I was able to play online.

Also it seems that you have to use USA headers on USA roms for it to work as I tried EUR with no success.
Now I have to re-download all my roms

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is the newest version of my program.

e6DZCgT.png

You can now open and save header files.

If you find any bugs or have suggestions, let me know.

http://filetrip.net/dl?ZzbhWHVMM3

thanks aloooot

i have suggestion

buttons without the need for change the values

Reactions: Saxer and soaresden

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
read through the thread, search etc, you can make it work, trust me. you shouldn't even need to change anything in your case, have you even tried it? you have nothing to lose. stop worrying, just try it.
I found a public header edited for AC a few pages back, will try it later on.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Didn't try. ROM size is different so it probably wouldn't work, I heard people are editing the ROM size in the header but I'm not sure how to do that.
This one's already modified and confirmed working by someone so...

if you read, you would see that larger game's headers work with smaller games.
even if the game was smaller, you can edit it, you just need to search the thread or read back some pages.
i helped you, told you what to do, told you that you probably don't even need to edit your pokemon header, but lol, whatever, if you can't be bothered to try something that it's your loss.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
if you read, you would see that larger game's headers work with smaller games.
even if the game was smaller, you can edit it, you just need to search the thread or read back some pages.
i helped you, told you what to do, told you that you probably don't even need to edit your pokemon header, but lol, whatever, if you can't be bothered to try something that it's your loss.
What I'm saying is it's not my loss. I found a way that is confirmed working and if I can avoid using the header from one of my own games it's all the better.
I haven't tried anything yet, if the other way is not working I will of course try your way. But why do it the hard way if there is an easier way?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
What I'm saying is it's not my loss. I found a way that is confirmed working and if I can avoid using the header from one of my own games it's all the better.

sure ok, sorry, i thought you would have preferred to use your own header :) that makes sense now
i'm not really worried about banning per say, just, i would rather use my own headers that i can be sure are only used by me, just in case nintendo decides to get messy :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
sure ok, sorry, i thought you would have preferred to use your own header :) that makes sense now
i'm not really worried about banning per say, just, i would rather use my own headers that i can be sure are only used by me, just in case nintendo decides to get messy :)
I don't want to risk a ban on my legit 3DS, so I'd rather avoid using my own header :P

Reactions: cearp

GrandPipe

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i'm using the MGS header uploaded, i got mario tennis and mario golf working. But if i use the unique header i dumped from my pokemon Y cart using the same card ID details from the working headers i downloaded from here it fails (game loads, but get error in game saying card cannot use online features). Can i not use pokemen dump for the unique header? Maybe i missed that reading through the thread.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well, i'm using the MGS header uploaded, i got mario tennis and mario golf working. But if i use the unique header i dumped from my pokemon Y cart using the same card ID details from the working headers i downloaded from here it fails (game loads, but get error in game saying card cannot use online features). Can i not use pokemen dump for the unique header? Maybe i missed that reading through the thread.

wow, your first post in like 7-8 years :o
you said you are using the same card id details, so, you are changing the pokemon header to be card1, from card2? and it does not work?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't tried anything yet, if the other way is not working I will of course try your way. But why do it the hard way if there is an easier way?

You should always use your own personal header if you can get one, using one of the net that many are using at the same time is a much bigger risk of being banned.

Gateway did state you should not use the same game twice online and that means if you are using the same header/ID as 30 others online that is exactly what you are doing, you are therefore using the same game as the 30 others cause the ID in the header you are injecting in the rom is the same as the 30 others so the risk of being banned is much greater.

As always, use online play at your own risk. Since online play is linked to a genuine Game Card, we do not recommend that multiple users go online with the same game dump simultaneously as it will most likely result in a future online ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ