Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This threads going no where why don't people just take a bit of time and read through a few back pages to find out the info, its all in the thread explained time after time, all what is happeneing members are just repeating the same methods of going online with card 1 & card 2 games over and over again. I can see this thread going on forever until everyone knows thoroughly, there will be 500 pages of the same shit by the time everyone is finished! Or at least edit the 1st main page to write down all the info needed.

Agreed, but because on ppl mind, it's not imaged.

I mean, this kind of stuff ppl want in images to be SURE doing good.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to avoid confusion, it is advised that you have your sysnand visibly different from emunand. I prefer to keep the sysnand zoomed all the way in and emunand zoomed out completely with 7 folders in the corner that spell out emunand.

Personally I put system settings in the first slot to show real NAND, and game cart slot first for emuNAND.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is plenty in this thread......:blink:
its the same questions over and over, within the first few pages its laid out with pictures how to make a header from any game work with any game with a little bit of hex editing

http://ojm5yq2uqr.dl4free.com/
+
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-scene-dumps-with-gw-2-2-online.365829/page-4#post-4991676
=
win

You're expecting common sense to exist on the internet. Might as well be expecting an episode of Game of Thrones without nudity or murder. :P

But seriously, people who are just coming into this thread that can't be bothered to read through all 20+ pages, use the search bar in the top right corner to see if your question has been answered already. All you have to do is click the box that says "Search this thread only" and you'll save everyone the trouble of this thread repeating itself constantly like a broken record.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is plenty in this thread......:blink:
its the same questions over and over, within the first few pages its laid out with pictures how to make a header from any game work with any game with a little bit of hex editing

http://ojm5yq2uqr.dl4free.com/
+
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-scene-dumps-with-gw-2-2-online.365829/page-4#post-4991676
=
win

i did do a hex edit of one of the headers and injected it into X and Y however it still wouldnt let me connect that was why I was asking if theres another public header I can use that will work

Twinuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got pes 2011. Dumped with GW 2.2 and opened the dump with hex editor. But what came up is completely different to any header I have seen in this thread....

Is there any specific location I must go to?
if you look at the full rom dump, go to 0x1240 for the chip id.
If you look at the extracted .bin file, 0x40.

Hex edit will not be necessary for long, gateway rom patcher dev is making a new version with auto detect. should be out soon

Reactions: soaresden

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I put system settings in the first slot to show real NAND, and game cart slot first for emuNAND.

I like that m8ty!. On my 3DS's I put in Systemnand, Settings folder in the first slot and next to it make my own folder and call it Systemnand (S for Systemnand)and in Emunand I put the game card slot first and then my own folder next to it and call it Gateway Emunand (G for Gateway Emunand). Its just to make sure I know which is which and it works quite well and also looks pretty cool to boot. I make sure all wifi connections are deleted in Systemnand and a parental lock put on also parental lock in Emunand to be double sure of anything going wrong in the future. My 3DS's are like Fort Knox to update!!! :)

Reactions: Nightwish

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just for your information, bigBlueBox releases have the Chip ID in the nfo (since around release #560).

Release Information
Date ............ 04/03/2014
Platform ........ 3DS
Region .......... EUR
Publisher........ Warner Bros. Interactive
Imagesize ....... 4096
File Name ....... bbb-p-al5p.3ds
Game ID ......... 00040000000D1500
Min. FW. ........ 5.1.0
Game Chip ....... C2 FE 00 90
Languages ....... En, Fr, De, It, Es,Da, Nl

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'd personally use the ID's from scene roms before I'm gonna use my own but in all probability Nintendo can see all these same/mismatched cart ID's and can link not just the console, card, and system, but the NNID as well.

I've already boned my stuff but eh, the risks you take when you use these kinds of tools.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe, but don't worry, basically all of the ps3 dumps are not 'proper', no data lost, but, for what we need, it's good enough :)

cearp & Questy1. It was very similar to the new Xbox XGD3 ISO's when burning them when they first hit the net without an iHAS drive, you had to Truncate them with Imgburn but it did not burn the whole data of the 8.13GB ISO to the Dual Layer disc properly, so it was very dodgy using them online. The iHAS drives came out with the iXtreme Burner Max 1.0 Custom Firmware so it fixed the complete data issue, burned the Dual Layer disc rite to the edge, using the whole disc to burn the whole complete data from the XGD3 ISO. Its very similar to the .3DS dumps, using a header to complete the .3DS dump properly to make it work online.

Reactions: tjexp and cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2