Tutorial  Updated

How to use Hekate 4.2 with Atmosphere 0.8.x on 6.2 Firmware

Okay this is fairly simple tutorial, but there have been people asking in discord what to do to get this running so I figured I would type this up.

This process assumes you have run hekate previously and have used an older version of atmosphere
Patches are required to add full functionality. Get them here

SD FILES UPDATED. GET THEM FROM :arrow: HERE

Process:

1) Download Atmosphere from here. Make sure you download both the .zip files and the .bin file, this is very important.
2) Override your previous atmosphere folder, bct.ini and fusee-secondary.bin on your sd card
3) Copy fusee-primary.bin to sd:/bootloader/payloads and override the previous file
4) Edit your hekate_ipl.ini to look like the following. (you can add a new entry or just modify the existing cfw one)

Code:
[Atmosphere 6.2 CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin

5) Save and close the ini.
6) Put your Micro SD back into your switch
7) Launch hekate with hekate_ctcaer_4.2.bin and choose your newly edited cfw option and enjoy :)[/INFORMATION]

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only ips files I have are the fs/es patch folder inside the atmosphere folder

I was booting fine without them

I have a problem - I got key derivation failed on every first boot but works on every 2nd boot after power off the Switch, so my solution by put biskey in it won't work.

Any idea to fix key derivation failed error?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you very much. I didn't know that was possible on the site. Very much appreciated.

It's just pre bundled stuff :) vs set up yourself

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a problem - I got key derivation failed on every first boot but works on every 2nd boot after power off the Switch, so my solution by put biskey in it won't work.

Any idea to fix key derivation failed error?

What version are you using 0.8.0 or 0.8.1 I know they fixed some stuff with the latter

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just pre bundled stuff :) vs set up yourself

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What version are you using 0.8.0 or 0.8.1 I know they fixed some stuff with the latter
Is there anything special kosmos does for the sleep mode fix?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sleep mode is fixed by updating to a firmware version that matches the fuses you have burnt.

If you have 8 fuses burnt then upgrade to 6.2 and you'll be fine.
And if I upgrade to a firmware beyond the amount of fuses I have burnt?

Freloque

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I meant in terms of sleep mode. If I upgrade my firmware past the amount of burnt fuses (with autorcm on), will that affect sleep mode? When it returns from sleep mode?
Can someone explain to me what's the point of avoiding burning fuses ? (honest question). I updated to 6.2.0 with OFW (so I burned fuses) and then I installed a CFW and it works so why should we avoid that ?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone explain to me what's the point of avoiding burning fuses ? (honest question). I updated to 6.2.0 with OFW (so I burned fuses) and then I installed a CFW and it works so why should we avoid that ?

the avoiding of burning fuses is for downgrading (if you want to) otherwise if you downgrade you won't have any sleep mode

gianm93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have to inject Hekate 4.5 twice in order to start my switch (I am on 6.2.0). Is that a bug or did I something wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn