Hacking Homebrew Help with hekate.ini config for using Atmosphere on emuNAND

Dzoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So yesterday I setup CFW on my switch using this guide https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy because I see it is most common one to use and I backed up my NAND before everything and removed all wifi networks on OFW to prevent accidental connection to internet on CFW, then I created emmunand and enabled it and everything works great but I am wondering is my hekate.ini config good or should something be changed. here is my config
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Warmboot Error Fix]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

If I understand correctly in this config fusee automatically chooses to boot athmosphere on emunand if it is enabled but I am wondering is there a way to force atmosphere to only emunand to prevent ever booting atmosphere on OFW in case of some accident. It is worth mentioning I configured exosphere and blocked nintendo servers with txt inside atmosphere host file. I just want to know is this config good for emunand or should I add something?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If you made an emummc and enabled it then fusee.bin will always boot that. If you use fss0 to boot in Hekate then you can boot both emummc and sysmmc. So in your setup [Atmosphere CFW] boot emummc and [Warmboot Error Fix] will boot sysmmc (because of 'emmummc_force_disable=1)

Reactions: Dzoni

Dzoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If you made an emummc and enabled it then fusee.bin will always boot that. If you use fss0 to boot in Hekate then you can boot both emummc and sysmmc. So in your setup [Atmosphere CFW] boot emummc and [Warmboot Error Fix] will boot sysmmc (because of 'emmummc_force_disable=1)
So mynconfig is fine, also should i be relativly safe if i connect to wifi on cfw to use tinfoil

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
So mynconfig is fine, also should i be relativly safe if i connect to wifi on cfw to use tinfoil
If you have the txt file in the hosts folder with the recommended content and you have blanked your prodinfo in exosphere then you are as safe as you can be. I recommend that you blank prodinfo for both emummc and sysmmc and name the txt file default,txt. That way you are protected also if you by mistake boot CFW in sysmmc

Dzoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It already is named default.txt also i dont think i can boot sysmmc from hekate launch since only option i have is Atmosphere CFW which is on emunand

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It already is named default.txt also i dont think i can boot sysmmc from hekate launch since only option i have is Atmosphere CFW which is on emunand
The source you used for your previous actions (the rentry one) should cover a config with sysNAND boot options.
If you have a Mariko (v2/OLED) unit, you can just reboot to OFW/stock sysNAND via hekate (button is located in the main menu). If you wanna use CFW on sysNAND, take a look at the guides again.

EDIT: I just realised that the "warmboot error fix" option is essentially a launch config for stock sysNAND.

Dzoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The source you used for your previous actions (the rentry one) should cover a config with sysNAND boot options.
If you have a Mariko (v2/OLED) unit, you can just reboot to OFW/stock sysNAND via hekate (button is located in the main menu). If you wanna use CFW on sysNAND, take a look at the guides again.

EDIT: I just realised that the "warmboot error fix" option is essentially a launch config for stock sysNAND.
Its currently way I boot to OFW via reboot option so all should be good. Would you suggest ever connecting cfw to wifi to use tinfoil shops or ftp transfer

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would you suggest ever connecting cfw to wifi to use tinfoil shops or ftp transfer
Only if you ensured that prodinfo is blanked by exosphere (by checking serials in the system config if it says XAW000000000) and the hosts are blocked by dns.mitm (which they should, considering what you said before).
I use an emuNAND with proper measurements taken since over 3 years now and can still access an unbanned stock sysNAND.
I also use tits pro (Tinfoil shop), however I wouldn't recommend using FTP transfer, rather use USB MTP transfer via DBI for example.

Dzoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Only if you ensured that prodinfo is blanked by exosphere (by checking serials in the system config if it says XAW000000000) and the hosts are blocked by dns.mitm (which they should, considering what you said before).
I use an emuNAND with proper measurements taken since over 3 years now and can still access an unbanned stock sysNAND.
I also use tits pro (Tinfoil shop), however I wouldn't recommend using FTP transfer, rather use USB MTP transfer via DBI for example.
Thank you this really helped me I already use exosphere to hidr prodinfo so all should be fine

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you this really helped me I already use exosphere to hidr prodinfo so all should be fine
Using properly configured exosphere is only "half the rent" as we say in my country, make sure you also configured dns.mitm properly.
https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM#dns-mitm

And here is DBI which I mentioned before https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi
It's not only useful for USB file transfers but as general AIO management tool of SD card, installed titles, so on and so forth (and optionally you could even use it for FTP transfers if you have to, afaik).

Dzoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Using properly configured exosphere is only "half the rent" as we say in my country, make sure you also configured dns.mitm properly.
https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM#dns-mitm

And here is DBI which I mentioned before https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi
It's not only useful for USB file transfers but as general AIO management tool of SD card, installed titles, so on and so forth (and optionally you could even use it for FTP transfers if you have to, afaik).
Yeah that is properly configured also thank you for help

Reactions: HalfScoper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0