1. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Do you have a kip folder with a bunch of ips files in it?

2. bgbrendan

bgbrendan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If I load fuslee primary and don't worry about loading anything else is it safer than just loading all of atmosphere? I really only use Hekate to avoid burning fuses atm

3. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Awesome tutorial and thank you - it works on 6.2 now AFTER 2nd boot.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  4. Adran_Marit

OP Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    The only ips files I have are the fs/es patch folder inside the atmosphere folder

I was booting fine without them

5. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Odd. Without kip_patches in your atmosphere folder you should've lost functionality. The kip1 loading in hekate AFTER the bootloader shouldn't matter, but it seems it is mattering for you. So you JUST have the exefs_patches folder? No kip_patches folder or anything inside of it?

6. Adran_Marit

Australia
    OrGoN3 likes this.
  7. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Le sigh. I'm trying to not get frustrated here. Yes, those include the kip_patches folder with the IPS kip patches.

Here's why I was pointing this out: If you are coming from using solely Hekate to boot into Atmosphere (not chainloading fusee), and if you got your files from Kosmos, you will NOT have those patches, as Hekate applies the KIP patches per the config file, as you can see in your config file.

When using fusee to boot, it looks for a folder called kip_patches within atmosphere. Within that folder are IPS patches and their filenames are their SHA256 hashes. If you're coming from Kosmos, you don't have these, and you don't have the new ES patches.

I very strongly recommend to link to The-4n's thread with the patches, and to include a step to unzip those patches onto your SD card. Otherwise people will have issues.

Yes you tell Hekate to load the kip patches, but any line after the bootloader=fusee line gets ignored. Or rather, never executes. So the patches from The-4n are required and not included in the regular Atmosphere download (only nogc is included).

brickmii82 likes this.
  8. Adran_Marit

Australia
    I do say, at the start that is meant for people who are upgrading. But I will add the note that if they haven't got them to do so

also didn't know the last part. thanks for explaining

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    OrGoN3 likes this.
  9. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Thanks for sticking with me until we figured it out! And yes, I know you say for people who are upgrading, but if they are upgrading from Kosmos, or even just from using Atmosphere solely with Hekate (not Kosmos' build), then they still need those kip patches from The-4n.

10. Adran_Marit

Australia
    No worries, I get the frustration part (I'm in reiswitched discord)

I added the patches to the top information part

OrGoN3 likes this.
  11. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    <3 Thank you for understanding, and knowing that I'm not frustrated with you personally. It's much easier to chat about such nuances in real-time. In any case, I thank you again, for this great thread, and for your understanding. Thanks for updating the OP! ^_^

Adran_Marit likes this.
  12. Slim45

Slim45 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    its an unpatched unit

13. darkalex004

darkalex004 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I want to update my Nintendo Switch from 6.1.0 to 6.2.0 without burning fuses with ChoiDuJour (I have only 2 burned fuses), I was using RajNX so I don't have any idea of how Atmosphere works, what configuration I need to apply to use Atmosphere? (I only want to use my original games, no homebrew. RajNX has an option to enter stock firmware, Atmosphere has something like that?).
    Thanks in advance

14. Adran_Marit

Australia
    Just use the files from HERE for 6.2 cfw with atmosphere

15. Ratatattat

Ratatattat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    State this "This was written explitily for those who had a previous version but updated to 6.2" in OP would be less confusing.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  16. darkalex004

darkalex004 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Thanks, I need to download v11.1 and put the files on the SD card? What payload I need to inject?.

17. Adran_Marit

Australia
    hekate_ctcaer_4.2.bin

sounds self explanitory to me, but the OP has been updated to link to the sd files new build which automatically works without needing to edit the config

18. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Since Kosmos was updated, what's the major differences between Kosmos and vanilla Atmosphere?

19. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's mostly a bundle of atmosphere and a few other tools that you could just download and configure yourself. From the release notes, I assume kronos configuration has hekate chainload atmosphere.

I personally ditched hekate+kronos as I didn't want to wait to upgrade to 6.2, I was only ever using hekate with one boot option anyway & so I haven't really missed anything yet. I started from scratch & didn't keep anything from kronos.

vanilla atmosphere needs https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/ to allow you to play backups. You also need a couple of other nsp/nro for home brew menu.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  20. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Sure. I know the patches are required, thanks. Just read this thread to find that information out :P

Kosmos is currently using fusee since hekate isn't updated. But Kosmos-Atmosphere is a fork and I am wondering if there's anything different in that fork versus vanilla atmosphere. I know about all the bundled software that I can download myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere, Firmware, Hekate