Tutorial  Updated

How to use Hekate 4.2 with Atmosphere 0.8.x on 6.2 Firmware

Okay this is fairly simple tutorial, but there have been people asking in discord what to do to get this running so I figured I would type this up.

This process assumes you have run hekate previously and have used an older version of atmosphere
Patches are required to add full functionality. Get them here

SD FILES UPDATED. GET THEM FROM :arrow: HERE

Process:

1) Download Atmosphere from here. Make sure you download both the .zip files and the .bin file, this is very important.
2) Override your previous atmosphere folder, bct.ini and fusee-secondary.bin on your sd card
3) Copy fusee-primary.bin to sd:/bootloader/payloads and override the previous file
4) Edit your hekate_ipl.ini to look like the following. (you can add a new entry or just modify the existing cfw one)

Code:
[Atmosphere 6.2 CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin

5) Save and close the ini.
6) Put your Micro SD back into your switch
7) Launch hekate with hekate_ctcaer_4.2.bin and choose your newly edited cfw option and enjoy :)[/INFORMATION]

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

alimao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hekate gave us the option to choose cfw reinx, atmosphere my question is it not possible to do the same with atmosphere? 0.75 or .0.81

Last edited by alimao,
Reactions: Hmed

alimao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[config]
autoboot=1
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=5
customlogo=1
verification=2
backlight=100
autohosoff=0

{Atmosphère 0.8.1}
{ }
[Atmosphere 6.2 CFW]
kip1=modules/required/loader.kip
kip1=modules/required/pm.kip
kip1=modules/required/sm.kip
kip1=modules/required/fs_mitm.kip
secmon=modules/required/exosphere.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1

{Atmosphère 0.7.5}
{ }
[Atmosphere 5.1,6.1 CFW]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1

I receive blue screen when initializing ofw 4.1 atmosphere 0.75 or atmosphere 0.81
is not possible add atmosphere 0.75 and 0.81 on the same sd card

Last edited by alimao,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
[config]
autoboot=1
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=5
customlogo=1
verification=2
backlight=100
autohosoff=0

{Atmosphère 0.8.1}
{ }
[Atmosphere 6.2 CFW]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1

{Atmosphère 0.7.5}
{ }
[Atmosphere 5.1,6.1 CFW]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1

I receive blue screen when initializing ofw 4.1 atmosphere 0.75 or atmosphere 0.81

Cause you are trying to load old atmosphere with new payload. get the old one and rename it to fusee-old.bin instead of fusee-primary. (That's if the new secondary even works with the old primary)

As I stated at the start, this is meant to those who have upgraded not those who want to dual boot with old and new

alimao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cause you are trying to load old atmosphere with new payload. get the old one and rename it to fusee-old.bin instead of fusee-primary. (That's if the new secondary even works with the old primary)

As I stated at the start, this is meant to those who have upgraded not those who want to dual boot with old and new

I know I'll try to do what you said Thank you, your tutorial works great. It was just curiosity.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay this is fairly simple tutorial, but there have been people asking in discord what to do to get this running so I figured I would type this up.

This process assumes you have run hekate previously and have used an older version of atmosphere

Process:

1) Download Atmosphere from here. Make sure you download both the .zip files and the .bin file, this is very important.
2) Override your previous atmosphere folder, bct.ini and fusee-secondary.bin on your sd card
3) Copy fusee-primary.bin to sd:/bootloader/payloads and override the previous file
4) Edit your hekate_ipl.ini to look like the following. (you can add a new entry or just modify the existing cfw one

Code:
[Atmosphere 6.2 CFW]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1

5) Save and close the ini.
6) Put your Micro SD back into your switch
7) Launch hekate with hekate_ctcaer_4.2.bin and choose your newly edited cfw option and enjoy :)
For the first line of code will it be the same if I put 5.1 instead of 6.2 since my switch isn’t up to date.

Slim45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so My friend has 6.2 stock on a pre patched console and wants me to load cfw on it. Will I be able to load hekate and back up his 6.2 nand and fuse/tsec keys using hekate?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(( Adding to Adran's info. ))

Note: Only the following has to be added in the hekate_ipl.ini
Code:
[Atmosphere 6.2 CFW]
The fusee-primary.bin handles everything else, and any lines following that in the section will not matter afaik.

For example, I use Kosmos but Hekate isn't updated (yet) to support 6.2 - we use Hekate to boot Atmosphere's fusee-primary.bin which nullifies that, honestly.

This is my current hekate_ipl.ini - treat it as an example. I'm set to autoboot 1, which will launch fusee-primary.bin; in extension, that launches Atmosphere.
Code:
[config]
autoboot=1
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=2
customlogo=1
verification=2
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
{ }
{-- Custom Firmwares --}
{ }
{Atmosphere v0.8.1}
{ }
[Atmosphere CFW]
{ }
{Kosmos v11.0.1}
{ }
[Kosmos CFW]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
{ }

You would also need the kip ips patches for fusee if using fusee as your bootloader.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For the first line of code will it be the same if I put 5.1 instead of 6.2 since my switch isn’t up to date.

for 5.1 you need the old files atmosphere 0.7.5 which you can get preconfigured from sdsetup. The default listing for the sd setup files is just CFW and loads atmosphere 0.7.5

so My friend has 6.2 stock on a pre patched console and wants me to load cfw on it. Will I be able to load hekate and back up his 6.2 nand and fuse/tsec keys using hekate?

If it is a new ipatched console then you will need to wait for warmboot, sorry.

You would also need the kip ips patches for fusee if using fusee as your bootloader.

did you mean the es and fs patches for atmosphere? cause if you should already have them if you had the previous version of atmosphere running

This is awesome, thank you.

Back to autobooting.

No worries :)

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you mean the es and fs patches for atmosphere? cause if you should already have them if you had the previous version of atmosphere running

ES patches are the same for hekate and for fusee. I'm talking about the kip patches. With hekate, you load them through the config via "kip1=modules/etc.kip". With fusee you use ips patches. Or so I've been told.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol