Did this work for you?

• Total voters

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see the cheat menu , but how do i go to the cheats menu after a start the game on the emulator on pc? And when i want to start the game on 3DS i get a white screen.
I'm playing pokemon BlazedGlazed.
You only get the menu when you first start the game. The only way to change what you have active is to exit the game and start it up again, or reset it (I think GBA titles keep their hard reset button combo).

tall guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How do i open the cheats after i start the game? on godmode9 on 3DS, i can dump the save file but i cannot inject it again,i always got the message:
"savefile inject failed" why is that?

Last edited by tall guy,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i open the cheats after i start the game? on godmode9 on 3DS, i can dump the save file but i cannot inject it again,i always got the message:
"savefile inject failed" why is that?
Well, if you patched and injected everything correctly, the cheats menu should show up after you start the game. I'm not sure about your issues with GM9, might be a question to ask here.

tall guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can see a banner with the cheats menu on the bottom screen when i open game on the emulator , but what i do after that to see the cheats?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see a banner with the cheats menu on the bottom screen when i open game on the emulator
I'm honestly not sure what part you're talking about now. The game, as far as I know, should only display on the top screen.
, but what i do after that to see the cheats?
Well, like I said before, once you select your cheats and start the game, you cannot return to the menu to pick different cheats without resetting the game somehow.

I'll write up a description/tutorial on what you'll see and how the menus work...

Assuming you have correctly patched and injected your GBA title, the following will happen after you launch it; If enabled with Luma (or comparative CFW), the game will load into the GBA boot screen. Afterward, the cheat menu should display. The first line of text will be the game's title.* Following that is the main body of the menu, the cheat list.** The cheat list can navigated by pressing Up or Down on the DPad, which moves the colored select bar. Putting the select bar over the name of a cheat on the list and pressing A will activate that cheat. You can tell which cheats are on by looking at the far-right column of text in the cheat menu. Cheats labeled "N" are deactivated, while cheats labeled "Y" are on. To deactivate a cheat, simply move the select bar onto the desired cheat name and press B. Finally, you can press Start to leave the cheat menu and begin the game. The scrolling text along the bottom details the same controls I've explained here.

*The title may not be there if you or the person creating the cheat patch failed to include a title in GBAATM. Some menus may also likewise feature customized font colors, select bar colors and backgrounds.
**Dunno how much extra detail people want, but the cheat menu is a scroll-able field of seven entries, with a maximum of 24 (25?) characters per line in the cheat name. I'm unsure how many entries in total the menu can have, I've never needed more than a dozen or so cheats for a game (a good idea is to pick only the cheats with the best utility, or that do the job of multiple cheats).

tall guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I get a white screen when i want to start the game i patched , in CFW. Maybe something went wrong when patching the game .

tall guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
On page 1 it says: "3. Open SYSNAND VIRTUAL (Drive S: ), and copy the gbavc.sav (not agbsave.bin).".I don't have that file there, i have to go to agbsave.bin to dump the save.
I'm getting confused here. I'm playing Pokemon BlazedGlazed.

Last edited by tall guy,

tall guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm honestly not sure what part you're talking about now. The game, as far as I know, should only display on the top screen.

Well, like I said before, once you select your cheats and start the game, you cannot return to the menu to pick different cheats without resetting the game somehow.

I'll write up a description/tutorial on what you'll see and how the menus work...

Assuming you have correctly patched and injected your GBA title, the following will happen after you launch it; If enabled with Luma (or comparative CFW), the game will load into the GBA boot screen. Afterward, the cheat menu should display. The first line of text will be the game's title.* Following that is the main body of the menu, the cheat list.** The cheat list can navigated by pressing Up or Down on the DPad, which moves the colored select bar. Putting the select bar over the name of a cheat on the list and pressing A will activate that cheat. You can tell which cheats are on by looking at the far-right column of text in the cheat menu. Cheats labeled "N" are deactivated, while cheats labeled "Y" are on. To deactivate a cheat, simply move the select bar onto the desired cheat name and press B. Finally, you can press Start to leave the cheat menu and begin the game. The scrolling text along the bottom details the same controls I've explained here.

*The title may not be there if you or the person creating the cheat patch failed to include a title in GBAATM. Some menus may also likewise feature customized font colors, select bar colors and backgrounds.
**Dunno how much extra detail people want, but the cheat menu is a scroll-able field of seven entries, with a maximum of 24 (25?) characters per line in the cheat name. I'm unsure how many entries in total the menu can have, I've never needed more than a dozen or so cheats for a game (a good idea is to pick only the cheats with the best utility, or that do the job of multiple cheats).

i managed to get the game working with the cheat menu, but if i restart the game after i played, i get the message, " savefile erased due to corruption" why is that?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i managed to get the game working with the cheat menu, but if i restart the game after i played, i get the message, " savefile erased due to corruption" why is that?
I'm unsure, I haven't tried to put my BlazedGlazed ROM on my 3DS yet. But you can try this...
  1. Open the GBA game you want to save dump and get in-game.
  2. Save the game.
  3. Hold down the 3DS' power button to shut off the console, DO NOT EXIT TO THE HOME MENU. Tell the system to shut down anyway if you are prompted.
  4. Reboot into GM9 and follow the previous instructions.
If you still can't find your save with GM9, or have problems dumping or restoring it, ask on the GodMode9 thread.

tall guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm unsure, I haven't tried to put my BlazedGlazed ROM on my 3DS yet. But you can try this...
  1. Open the GBA game you want to save dump and get in-game.
  2. Save the game.
  3. Hold down the 3DS' power button to shut off the console, DO NOT EXIT TO THE HOME MENU. Tell the system to shut down anyway if you are prompted.
  4. Reboot into GM9 and follow the previous instructions.
If you still can't find your save with GM9, or have problems dumping or restoring it, ask on the GodMode9 thread.

I meant, the cheat menu is showing and i can play the game , but i always have to start "new game" after i played and saved ingame.

tall guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have no idea about that, honestly. Sounds maybe like you're either dumping the wrong file, or there are edits you need to do to the save? Dunno.

I can save in game, but the save gets corrupted and then i have to start " new game" all the time.i also asked in the godmode9 thread , but no solution there either.

Last edited by tall guy,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can save in game, but the save gets corrupted and then i have to start " new game" all the time.
Well, beyond dumping and restoring the saves, this thread really isn't meant for anything involving save data. Plus, I honestly don't know why you'd be having issues. Your best bet really is to ask on another more active and relative thread.

tall guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, beyond dumping and restoring the saves, this thread really isn't meant for anything involving save data. Plus, I honestly don't know why you'd be having issues. Your best bet really is to ask on another more active and relative thread.

thanks anyway,i asked different threads already, nobody seems to know the solution.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheats are working now , do i have to do the inject process allover again just to add more cheatcodes?
Yes, to add more codes, you need to pretty much do it all over again. If I can make a suggestion, what I do before putting my patched GBA ROMs through Ultimate Injector/NSUI, I leave GBAATM open and use the new GBA file it makes in a PC emulator, to test it. That way if I need to change anything real quick while I'm putting these together, all I have to do is make the adjustment and hit Patch Game, the application overwrites the old GBA file with the updated one. Of course, this doesn't help you after the fact, like wanting to add more codes on top of already working ones. To help there, keep a folder for every game you do. In that folder, keep all the materials you used to put it together, including a text file with a copy of the cheats (just copy and paste from GBAATM). It's a bit of extra effort, but having a system and workflow in place helps you patch more of them quicker, and gives you a place to come back to if you need to update any.

tall guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, to add more codes, you need to pretty much do it all over again. If I can make a suggestion, what I do before putting my patched GBA ROMs through Ultimate Injector/NSUI, I leave GBAATM open and use the new GBA file it makes in a PC emulator, to test it. That way if I need to change anything real quick while I'm putting these together, all I have to do is make the adjustment and hit Patch Game, the application overwrites the old GBA file with the updated one. Of course, this doesn't help you after the fact, like wanting to add more codes on top of already working ones. To help there, keep a folder for every game you do. In that folder, keep all the materials you used to put it together, including a text file with a copy of the cheats (just copy and paste from GBAATM). It's a bit of extra effort, but having a system and workflow in place helps you patch more of them quicker, and gives you a place to come back to if you need to update any.
Ok, thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

MarceloBoZo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I'm without a pc right now so can't make the cia, can anyone do this for me? I want in the Aria of Sorrow just the code to have maximum luck.
If anyone can help I will be grateful. Thanks.

Edit: already solved, started the game on my boy on Android, used the cheat than saved the game and used godmode to inject the save from my boy to VC with the cheats enabled, worked perfect.

Last edited by MarceloBoZo,
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i take my emulator saves and put them on the virtual console? Ive been wanting tovdo it for years ;-;
I want to know this too. Is it possible with titles created from Ultimate GBA VC Injector? Been searching for solutions but came up with nothing.

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know this too. Is it possible with titles created from Ultimate GBA VC Injector? Been searching for solutions but came up with nothing.
@Alex S

you can start a vc save, then use godmode9 to dump the save, transfer it to your pc and compare it with hxd to see if the bytes match, then rename the emulator save to the same name and file-type as the vc sav, then transfer to your 3ds and restore it with godmode9

edit: you can lookup videos on how to trasnfer emulator saves to vc. ( you might find many pokemon guides as a reference, should be the same for all)

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?