Homebrew How to use a CronusMAX+ with HIDtoVPAD

TheCatMan2000

OP
Trophies
Locked up in my room, playing video games.
Website
dragonnikolas.co.vu
XP
Country
United States
Soo... I got bored and discovered something weird. About a week ago, I had a CronusMAX Plus lying around and had a bit of down time. I thought to myself, "Can my Wii U power this? And if so, can I use it to play BOTW with a PS4 controller wirelessly?" So I did a bit of research. HIDtoVPAD supports PlayStation 3 controllers via USB, so I got a bit excited when I saw this. The spoiler below shows the steps I took.
1. Set up whatever controller you want to use with the CronusMAX with the instructions provided with the device.

2. In the top bar of the CronusPRO software, click "Tools" then "Options."
qqeceTGuR6io-Cm1ZAK4LQ.png

3. Navigate to "Device" and set the output protocol to PS3. If you do not do this step, this will not work!
JoFcpgXXSNigNl_k5NQZzg.png

4. Plug the CronusMAX into an available USB port of your console, and continue setting up the controller for use through HIDtoVPAD.
I am unsure if this works with wired controllers such as a Xbox One/360 controller, but it definitely works with Bluetooth controllers such as a PlayStation 4/3.
Enjoy gaming!

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo... I got bored and discovered something weird. About a week ago, I had a CronusMAX Plus lying around and had a bit of down time. I thought to myself, "Can my Wii U power this? And if so, can I use it to play BOTW with a PS4 controller wirelessly?" So I did a bit of research. HIDtoVPAD supports PlayStation 3 controllers via USB, so I got a bit excited when I saw this. The spoiler below shows the steps I took.
1. Set up whatever controller you want to use with the CronusMAX with the instructions provided with the device.

2. In the top bar of the CronusPRO software, click "Tools" then "Options."
qqeceTGuR6io-Cm1ZAK4LQ.png

3. Navigate to "Device" and set the output protocol to PS3. If you do not do this step, this will not work!
JoFcpgXXSNigNl_k5NQZzg.png

4. Plug the CronusMAX into an available USB port of your console, and continue setting up the controller for use through HIDtoVPAD.
I am unsure if this works with wired controllers such as a Xbox One/360 controller, but it definitely works with Bluetooth controllers such as a PlayStation 4/3.
Enjoy gaming!

Seems pretty cool! And about the Xbox controllers, if you run it through the Cronus in PS3 mode, they should in theory work. However, if you plug them straight into the Wii U via USB, they will NOT work (because Xbox controllers have to be different and use Xinput).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-