Homebrew How to update new 3ds on 2.1.0 back to 11.2

ManitoCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there i also have a problem with my new 3ds xl when i was following the 3ds.guide.
I get to the
Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax
but when i typed the "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin" it didnt do nothing because stupidly i had my wifi turned off so obviouslly it couldn´t connect to the web.

I realized tha id fucked up and instead of re-read the guide, i google it on how to update to a newer firmware in order to activate the wifi and them start all over again.
I found out that using a cart we could update the consoles firmware, so i grab a game "Freaky Forms Deluxe" and try to update it but i forgot that that game is actually very old, so it would not update to an updated firmware, instead i got a 4.1.0-4E.

Now im stuck, because i cant access homebrew channel via freaky forms deluxe, i cant update do 11.0 via system update because it will brick que console.

I cant restore my Nandmin backup because i dont have a entry point do homebrew channel so that i could load decript9.

I was about to start the rednand guide, but the firmware that is ther to download is for the o3ds and i dont know if i can use that one instead.

After all of this i realized that the guide alerted to the fact that the wifi must be on and i somehow missed it, and it was very simple to activate again if we forgot, just remove the battery for a few seconds:sad:
And now, what can i do to fix my problem?
Thank you

ManitoCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Neither link worked, :cry: maybe its because i updated with a card to 4.1.0-4E. It gives-me an erro everytime i tried a link.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Neither link worked, :cry: maybe its because i updated with a card to 4.1.0-4E. It gives-me an erro everytime i tried a link.
If you can't fix this on WiFi, your only choice is getting a flashcart and doing the MSET exploit

Also, yeah thinking about it, its your only choice, since updating via a cart update destroys your browser.

ManitoCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The error is " An error as ocured, Save your data from the runing aplicattions and reset your console", this appears after been kicked out of the browser.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Go yo the guide follow along til you get to the part where you are supposed to be on 2.1.0 and finish the guide. It will run you through arm9loaderhax install and update you.
He can't do that, he's stuck on 4.x, which is basically Old 3DS firmware, without a browser. His only choice to at least fix this is MSET(which is basically just a possible solution, don't know if it will work).

Reactions: Ryccardo

chompita239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi there i also have a problem with my new 3ds xl when i was following the 3ds.guide.
I get to the
Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax
but when i typed the "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin" it didnt do nothing because stupidly i had my wifi turned off so obviouslly it couldn´t connect to the web.

I realized tha id fucked up and instead of re-read the guide, i google it on how to update to a newer firmware in order to activate the wifi and them start all over again.
I found out that using a cart we could update the consoles firmware, so i grab a game "Freaky Forms Deluxe" and try to update it but i forgot that that game is actually very old, so it would not update to an updated firmware, instead i got a 4.1.0-4E.

Now im stuck, because i cant access homebrew channel via freaky forms deluxe, i cant update do 11.0 via system update because it will brick que console.

I cant restore my Nandmin backup because i dont have a entry point do homebrew channel so that i could load decript9.

I was about to start the rednand guide, but the firmware that is ther to download is for the o3ds and i dont know if i can use that one instead.

After all of this i realized that the guide alerted to the fact that the wifi must be on and i somehow missed it, and it was very simple to activate again if we forgot, just remove the battery for a few seconds:sad:
And now, what can i do to fix my problem?
Thank you
Why didnt you tried to look in the forums for an answer? I asked exactly this question in the main thread and people answered me in less than 5 minutes, you only had to pull out the battery, NEVER UPDATE in 2.1

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The error is " An error as ocured, Save your data from the runing aplicattions and reset your console", this appears after been kicked out of the browser.
You can get Cubic Ninja, load homebrew 1.X and run Decrypt9 through that and then either do a 2.1 CTRtransfer to finish the guide or restore your NAND backup, or do a 9.2 CTRtransfer and use an emunand

D

Deleted User

https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer
Use this, it is a 9.2.0 CTRTransfer image.
Also, as quoted in the 2.1.0 CTRTransfer guide, you simply -
Code:
If you downgrade to 2.1.0 on a 2DS or New 3DS and left Wireless Communication off, you can re-enable the wireless by removing the battery for several seconds then booting back up.

Reactions: ManitoCC

ManitoCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer
Use this, it is a 9.2.0 CTRTransfer image.
Also, as quoted in the 2.1.0 CTRTransfer guide, you simply -
Code:
If you downgrade to 2.1.0 on a 2DS or New 3DS and left Wireless Communication off, you can re-enable the wireless by removing the battery for several seconds then booting back up.
I can´t do that because i didnt finish the arm9loaderhax installation, because my wifi was off, and i panic and went in the wrong direction in order to solve the problem. I have the backup firmware or image made by decript9, but i have no way to restore it into the console.
If i could load homebrew launcher il be safe, but, neither menuhax that i had installed, or freaky forms hax work.
Is there any 4.1 hax that doesnt depend on browser so that i could use?
Or i doomed my zelda new 3ds?
Thanks for all your help.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I can´t do that because i didnt finish the arm9loaderhax installation, because my wifi was off, and i panic and went in the wrong direction in order to solve the problem. I have the backup firmware or image made by decript9, but i have no way to restore it into the console.
If i could load homebrew launcher il be safe, but, neither menuhax that i had installed, or freaky forms hax work.
Is there any 4.1 hax that doesnt depend on browser so that i could use?
Or i doomed my zelda new 3ds?
Thanks for all your help.
Get a flashcart, I remember someone fixing his New 3DS that was stuck on 4.x by using the MSET exploit

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Which flash should i get, and what is MSET?
MSET is one of the first exploits used for the 3DS, it was used to boot into PalentineCFW and RxTools, Decrypt9 has a .nds file to install the MSET exploit(can be launched by going to Settings, Other Settings, and DS Profile) and it should boot into Decrypt9 :)

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Doesn't mean you can't get ahold of it...
Actually, its basically impossible, unless someone had the Ninjhax1 files and the QR code to boot on this specific firmware, he can't use it. Ninjhax1 website is down for a while now so he can't get those stuff as easy...

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, its basically impossible, unless someone had the Ninjhax1 files and the QR code to boot on this specific firmware, he can't use it. Ninjhax1 website is down for a while now so he can't get those stuff as easy...
Fair enough, I thought it'd been easier. Can he not launch Dec9 from CN at all then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo