Homebrew How to update new 3ds on 2.1.0 back to 11.2

samulai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes more than a minute in some cases. You may also need to start pushing the power button a few times with the battery out to drain all power from the capacitors so that the state of the wifi chip resets. I'm sorry that you got stuck like this, but someone else managed to get decrypt9 to load on firmware 4.x just a few posts above yours: Post Link
Yeah I saw the post. I'll keep u guys posted after I get the flashcart. I kept AC at all time during the process. I guess I really don't know what I'm doing.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I saw the post. I'll keep u guys posted after I get the flashcart. I kept AC at all time during the process. I guess I really don't know what I'm doing.
He did it using the browser alone, no flashcart or MSET needed. Try following his link and do the instructions on that page, stopping after you get Decrypt9 loaded. Then you should be able to CTRtransfer back to 2.1 and continue where you left off.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

samulai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He did it using the browser alone, no flashcart or MSET needed. Try following his link and do the instructions on that page, stopping after you get Decrypt9 loaded. Then you should be able to CTRtransfer back to 2.1 and continue where you left off.
Wait, I followed this link "https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/3DS-Stuck-(2.1.0-Without-Functional-Browser)" and got into Decrypt9. Now I don't even need to restore my sysNAND right? I just need a CTRtransfer?

I used Decrypt9WIP 20160118 to boot into Decrypt9, like the link above said. It's an old version. Do I need the lastest version of Decrypt9 to CTRtransfer back to 2.1?

Last edited by samulai,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I followed this link "https://github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/3DS-Stuck-(2.1.0-Without-Functional-Browser)" and got into Decrypt9. Now I don't even need to restore my sysNAND right? I just need a CTRtransfer?

I used Decrypt9WIP 20160118 to boot into Decrypt9. It's an old version. Do I need the lastest version of Decrypt9 to CTRtransfer back to 2.1?
You have two options. Restore your 11.2 sysNAND using the version of Decrypt9 you have now and start from the beginning using SafeHax or you can update decrypt9 to the latest version, launch it again on ver 4.x, CTRtransfer to 2.1 and resume where you left off in the guide.

samulai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do I need to do the prepwork all over again? By cart updating to 4.3.0 then CTRtransfering back to 2.1 did I mess up the files in the SD card?

By prepwork I mean section 1 in "https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax"

Last edited by samulai,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to do the prepwork all over again? By cart updating to 4.3.0 then CTRtransfering back to 2.1 did I mess up the files in the SD card?

By prepwork I mean section 1 in "https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax"
No, it would not have changed anything on the SD card. If you CTRtransfer to 2.1, just start at the part of loading the URL in the web browser.

samulai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it would not have changed anything on the SD card. If you CTRtransfer to 2.1, just start at the part of loading the URL in the web browser.
Stucked at arm11.bin loading. I checked my browser version, it's 1.7455.

Tried to Initialize Savedata, clear history & cache, no dice. Used the phone tethering method to improve wifi signal, nada. Kept getting glitch screen, loading bar on the upper screen went to full, lower screen flashed once then bam, nothing. Clicked select just once, waited more than 10 secs, turned it off. Plugged in the sd card to check the a9lh folder, that OTP file just won't show up. I tried like 20 times.

Does it have to do with my cart update? What should I do now? :cry:

Last edited by samulai,

Icirrus

Trophies
XP
Country
Stucked at arm11.bin loading. I checked my browser version, it's 1.7455. Tried to Initialize Savedata, clear history & cache, no dice. Used the phone tethering method to improve wifi signal, nada. Kept getting glitch screen, loading bar on the upper screen went to full, lower screen flashed once then bam, nothing. Clicked select just once, waited more than 10 secs, turned it off. Plugged in the sd card to check the a9lh folder, that OTP file just won't show up. I tried like 20 times. Does it have to do with my cart update? What should I do now? :cry:
Make sure you have all the files. When I did it the OTP files showed up after I did the hack

samulai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have all the files. When I did it the OTP files showed up after I did the hack
I mean I always get the glitched screen. After I press select, how do i know whether or not the A9LH is installed? I have to check my sd card everytime, then enter the http adr. everytime.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I always get the glitched screen. After I press select, how do i know whether or not the A9LH is installed? I have to check my sd card everytime, then enter the http adr. everytime.
Download the SafeA9LHInstaller file from the guide again and recopy the arm9.bin and arm11.bin files to the root of your card. Ensure they dont have a double extension like .bin.bin if you're using Windows.

Reactions: Icirrus

samulai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the SafeA9LHInstaller file from the guide again and recopy the arm9.bin and arm11.bin files to the root of your card. Ensure they dont have a double extension like .bin.bin if you're using Windows.
Nope, still stuck at the lower screen checkboard page. Guess that's not even the glitched screen. Can't get into command line. I'm on mac.

Maybe the old version of Decrypt9 altered the file?

I didn't do the rtxtool rednand stuff like the other guy. I assume you should be on 9.2.0 for that? After I mistakenly cart updated to 4.3.0, I just used that browser method, loaded Decrypt9 launcher & got back down to 2.1.0.

Last edited by samulai,

FreakPrism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@samulai - did you resolve your issue?

I am in the same booth N3DS XL on 2.1 and can't get the SafeA9LH installed. Want to revert back to by NAND backup but need entrypoint to decrypt9. Thinking of getting the OOT cart since that will take 2.1 to 4.3 on the N3DSXL. Are there any other options to get decrypt9 to run on 2.1? Want to restore my NAND backup.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The proper way of updating a n3DS back to latest firmware after a 2.1 downgrade is to restore the ctr_nand partition of your nand backup. If you had installed Kernel9LoaderHax while on 2.1 you can immediately do a system update once your back on your ctr_nand backup. If not, install Kernel9LoaderHax using the OTP dump you obtained and then do a system update. NEVER update a n3DS that's on 2.1 using a game cart or via system update. You WILL brick the console if you do that! Do not do such an update until you restored your nand backup.

If you installed Kernel9LoaderHax while on 2.1, you will want to restore only the ctr_nand partition and not the entire NAND image since doing so would wipe your Kernel9LoaderHax install.
Just curious, is there a difference between Arm9LoaderHax and Kernel9LoaderHax, or are they just 2 names for the same hack? I get confused when I see those two names used alongside each other.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

CrayZz88s

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick, put the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer and install it with Decrypt9(press select to unmount the SD card)

Sorry for reviving the thread but I'm in exactly the same position, following the advice provided by the OP I've now got access to Decrypt9 from 4.3... Now.. should I try and get back to 11.2 (my original starting point) or go down to 2.1.0?

If the answer is to downgrade can anyone elaborate on how ?? Decrypt9 menu seems different and when trying to restore my NAND Backup its stated failed because it can't find the backup...

Any thoughts???

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Sorry for reviving the thread but I'm in exactly the same position, following the advice provided by the OP I've now got access to Decrypt9 from 4.3... Now.. should I try and get back to 11.2 (my original starting point) or go down to 2.1.0?

If the answer is to downgrade can anyone elaborate on how ?? Decrypt9 menu seems different and when trying to restore my NAND Backup its stated failed because it can't find the backup...

Any thoughts???
Have you tried to CTR Transfer to 2.1.0 directly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.