How to Stream Videos to the Nintendo Wii U

Title.png

Hello, there are numerous ways to stream videos to the Nintendo Wii U, but some solutions may include purchasing software. However this method is free and simple to accomplish.

• A Computer (Windows or Mac)
  • A Wii U (however this method does work for other devices, such as any iDevice)
  • The software VidiiUStreamer (link in the downloads spoiler)
  • A router (any hardware that allows both devices to be connected on the same network)
  1. Download the program VidiiUStreamer (links are in the downloads spoiler tag)
    1.png
  2. Extract the files inside the .zip file to another folder, preferably your desktop
  3. Open the shortcut “VidiiUStreamer” which is in the folder VidiiUStreamer (Which you just extracted)/ For Mac users simply click on the app (which you just extracted)
    3.png
  4. Your default browser will pop up with the program loaded into it, note the URL address within your internet browser (eg: 192.168.1.??:8000)
    4.png
  5. Click the “add path” button
    5.png
  6. Indicate where the video files are stored by directing it to your video folder. To do this click browse, use the display to find your video folder, select the folder and click “ADD”
    6.png
  7. Switch on your Nintendo Wii U
  8. Open the Web Browser application
    7.png
  9. Enter the URL which has been required in step 4 (in this case its http://192.168.2.2:8000)
    8.png
  10. The VidiiUStreamer software will display all video files in a thumbnail display, click on the video you want to view to watch it. (If you have a large video collection then hold down the ZL and ZR buttons and tilt the Wii U GamePad to easily scroll through the thumbnail images)
    9.png
The VidiiUStreamer Software is available on a temporary link. This is because the VidiiU website's service provider has been unavailable.
Download links for Windows Computers
Download Links for Mac Computers
If you have a technical issue I recomend that you inform the creator of the software. You can communicate the developer through the VidiiU Support Twitter page. Check you the page there is neat stuff in developement
Will this run on other devices?
Yes it will, It has been tested on apple devices and android devices. Basically any device supporting HTML5 can view these streamed files.​
Why is the quality of the video bad?
That is the default quality setting to sustain the streaming speed. If you think your computer has great performance then you can change this setting. This option is displayed in the "Transcoding" tab in the VidiiUStreamer software.​
Why aren't my T.V. shows appearing in its group?
Your videos are not being displayed in the proper category because of the way it has been named. I recommend using a program to rename all television shows accordingly and automatically.​
I have not created the previously mention software, they belong to their respectful owners.

Reactions: Johnny2071

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A google search brought me here and this is amazing and easy. I'm on the 5.3.0 Firmware on a Windows 7 computer. Thanks for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter