Hacking [How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
If I manage to compile right a thing, we can.
But I didn't succeed.
Here is the source if you want.

Pretty sure it works with NTR 1.0 but that obviously requires firmware 4.5. Haven't test it myself though, can't be stuffed restoring a 4.5 backup atm. haha

Not sure what other options there is for O3ds except spider (browser) or maybe a homebrew app through ninjhax.

Well, guys I have a O3ds with firmware 4.5. If you guys want, I can test it, just tell me how to do this on O3ds. :)

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No chance to get this to work without Cubic Ninja, I guess? I suppose, Oot is the only option left and is not supported by NTR. Anyone knows a place to get Cubic Ninja for 20 € or below?

Reactions: Margen67

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
Right. it works brilliantly on my now 9.2.0 new3ds. I get to the screen telling me to choose my target console... i hit it... and i instantly get the local wireless error. *sigh*

both are on 9.2 sysnand, but i'm running roxastools 9.7 emunand on the o3ds. maybe I should wait for you to compile the thing yifanlu made, remove all emunand, and just go for it with as few hacks as possible?

couldn't I also run ntr on my old 3ds? :)

motezazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Right. it works brilliantly on my now 9.2.0 new3ds. I get to the screen telling me to choose my target console... i hit it... and i instantly get the local wireless error. *sigh*

both are on 9.2 sysnand, but i'm running roxastools 9.7 emunand on the o3ds. maybe I should wait for you to compile the thing yifanlu made, remove all emunand, and just go for it with as few hacks as possible?

1. Yes, you need to wait.
2. No, you can't run NTR on your O3DS, sorry.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country

The spider code was already compiled by me and also motezazer and sadly doesn't work (yet).

And you can only run NTR 1.0 on old 3ds which requires you to be on firmware 4.x. NTR 2.2 isn't supported on old 3ds (yet!). :(

motezazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The worst is I don't have an O3DS to test it (in fact, I do have one, but the SD card reader is broken, so I can say i don't have one).

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
ahhh. right.

Wonder why my little emunand setup failed. Any clues?

I'll await your success with the old 3ds and loadcode :)

And I'm perfectly willing to test this wee thing of yifanlu's as well. I'd honestly prefer to cut emunand out of the equation altogether until everythings on my new 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y