Hacking [How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe I just realized that this is a thing, so I do have some questions since I don't want to read through all 28 pages:
1. I don't have my sysnand actually connect to the internet, I just have it connect to my phone when I use Go! Gateway to run rxTools/Gateway, so can I do the same for this and then just use the wireless hotspot from my phone to connect to the eshop?
2. Will this work if I go into Smash and try the DLC? I ask this because I know that Smash takes up a ton of memory and what not.

motezazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't believe I just realized that this is a thing, so I do have some questions since I don't want to read through all 28 pages:
1. I don't have my sysnand actually connect to the internet, I just have it connect to my phone when I use Go! Gateway to run rxTools/Gateway, so can I do the same for this and then just use the wireless hotspot from my phone to connect to the eshop?
2. Will this work if I go into Smash and try the DLC? I ask this because I know that Smash takes up a ton of memory and what not.

1. Yes, if the phone is itself connected to Internet.
2. The patch do not add any memory.
In fact :
-on an O3DS, nothing is running alongside the patch : no more memory added ;
-on a N3DS, NTR CFW is running, but we don't care because N3DS is more powerful.

tarovisions

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can happily say that system transfer worked between new 3ds and O3DS if both are spoofed and within target range.

Not that it's news or anything I'm sure :lol:

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
motezazer Sorry for thinking my problems were with Firmware Spoofers code. I fixed my problem by formatting my system re-linking my NNID, not sure what happened but I guess deleting installed CIA's left trash data that the 3DS data management could not delete giving me these errors even if I installed the CIA's and deleted them using BigBlueMenu. Installing all of those CIA's again is gonna be a pain in the ass :P

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
motezazer Sorry for thinking my problems were with Firmware Spoofers code. I fixed my problem by formatting my system re-linking my NNID, not sure what happened but I guess deleting installed CIA's left trash data that the 3DS data management could not delete giving me these errors even if I installed the CIA's and deleted them using BigBlueMenu. Installing all of those CIA's again is gonna be a pain in the ass :P
Load up as many as your card will hold by half. Select install all and then go to sleep. It will be like Christams morning. :)

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, well now there's a good reason to keep your NANDs linked, at least until Gateway finally updates for 9.6+. Now we can install legit stuff and updates to sysNAND without updating.

Using this I connected to the theme shop in sysNAND and got my ticket validated for a theme I purchased in emuNAND a long time ago. So now, finally, my legit theme is usable in both sysNAND and emuNAND on my O3DS. When the free Monster Hunter theme comes out I can install that to sysNAND, too. :yaynds:

I was able to update my retail carts, plus redeem my Flipnote code I hadn't claimed yet. Flipnote's not usable in emuNAND though, I'd have to reformat emuNAND to fix that. Not gonna do that atm since I'd also have to reinstall a bunch of .CIA DLC.

Oh and speaking of which, my .CIA DLC wasn't effected, which is cool. Before when I would enter eShop in emuNAND it screwed up my Theatrhythm DLC, but not when I used the spoof to enter from sysNAND.

All in all, this is pretty cool and really helpful in a few specific situations. It's a lifesaver to the very few people out there that have stayed on old firmware while waiting to buy a Gateway and need updates or other downloads--I know a kid who's currently on 8.something cuz she hasn't still hasn't saved up money to buy herself a Gateway.

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to do this on an o3ds that is running 9.2 - the website gives me the failed to load message, but I can't press the home button because the system stops responding. Any ideas?

Apparently I can no longer run rxtools either. I did downgrade from 9.5 firmware so maybe something is wrong browser wise?

And... gateway doesn't load either. Great

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
the only thing i need emunand for now is the for 9.4 games like xenoblades.
is it possible to patch via ntr, to skip update when booting up games? bravely second wants 9.4 so i can't play with sky3ds on my sysnand
ntr is only arm 9, not 11 (or the other way around) - what limits are there in this?
signature patching is not possible with ntr, not just not supported.

yifan_lu - i saw your 3dsinstalltickets, is it possible to delete remove tickets from the ticket.db?
for example, having a 'bad' update cia installed, where the title key is not what it should be, when trying to download a newer version of that update from eshop, it would fail because the title key is incorrect and the contents cannot be decrypted. removing the bad ticket would fix this. - maybe that situation is fixable in other ways, but still, i want to know if it is still possible to delete tickets :) thank you

motezazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the only thing i need emunand for now is the for 9.4 games like xenoblades.
is it possible to patch via ntr, to skip update when booting up games? bravely second wants 9.4 so i can't play with sky3ds on my sysnand
ntr is only arm 9, not 11 (or the other way around) - what limits are there in this?
signature patching is not possible with ntr, not just not supported.

yifan_lu - i saw your 3dsinstalltickets, is it possible to delete remove tickets from the ticket.db?
for example, having a 'bad' update cia installed, where the title key is not what it should be, when trying to download a newer version of that update from eshop, it would fail because the title key is incorrect and the contents cannot be decrypted. removing the bad ticket would fix this. - maybe that situation is fixable in other ways, but still, i want to know if it is still possible to delete tickets :) thank you

1. No, you will need to launch an upper FIRM for that.

2. 3dsinstalltickets install tickets with the official API and there is no functions to delete a ticket.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: