Gaming How to "rip" a game from a weird chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO! Three people so far have thought that he was banned! Very clever custom member title, he has there.
tongue.gif

Anyway, has anyone considered that he may be dumping this game for just his own benefit? Who said anything about him actually dumping it to the public? He might just be ripping it because he has to give the demo back to his cousin, and he wants to still play it. I would be very sad/disappointed if that happens though, it actually got my hopes up high.

Lets hope that's not what happens...

tehbubster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to speak for cruddybuddy, but he has shown interest in finding a scene group to aid in the troubleshooting of the rom.

With that action and some of his other comments, it would seem that his ultimate goal is to get this out there, but I can't say for sure.

As far as the completeness of the demo. It will not have a lot of the newer words that were put in the game post-E3. They are probably still putting words in the game. I also believe that only select levels are playable, but the sandbox mode is open for messing around in.

If this is released, do not judge it like the final game. It will probably have bugs, it will probably be missing some of the newer inside joke words, and it definitely won't have more than a few levels to play.

That begin said, I am super excited to get a taste of this if it ends up in my possession somehow
wink.gif

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing "post 217" is not in, because it was put in after someone tried out the game at E3.
But I could still just write in "time machine" anyway...

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dangit
When I saw new posts in this topic, I was hoping it was released, since it sounds like he already dumped it =p

How long will we have to wait?!

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiThoko said:
Dangit
When I saw new posts in this topic, I was hoping it was released, since it sounds like he already dumped it =p

How long will we have to wait?!
If he succeeds in dumping it, I'm guessing a few days before it gets picked up by the scene community.

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure he already dumped it
tehbubster said:
It's not a joke and a ROM has been dumped multiple times with limited success.

Unfortunately, cruddybuddy has run into technical issues with the CycloDS, but it appears to work fine on the R4.

Hopefully, when he gets back on he can give us an update that isn't 14 hours old.
tongue.gif

I don't care that it doesn't work with the CycloDS, I have an R4...this is why having a cheap R4 can be a good thing
yaynds.gif

tehbubster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To correct any confusion, when I said it was dumped multiple times, I meant that he had attempted to dump it a couple times, but without any success on the CycloDS.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
This dude, is a fucking legend. Even if it doesn't get leaked, he is still awesome for dumping a copy of it let alone getting his hands on it.
Not really. He will only be cool if he shares it, since 70% of the people won't believe him without hard evidence.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
PettingZoo said:
This dude, is a fucking legend. Even if it doesn't get leaked, he is still awesome for dumping a copy of it let alone getting his hands on it.
Not really. He will only be cool if he shares it, since 70% of the people won't believe him without hard evidence.
even if he does share it i don't see why there is so much hype, since the full game will probobly be released later on anyways. I would rather just play the full version rather than a demo, unless the demo contains features that the full one doesn't (eg, the sandbox mode, but the full will probobly have that too with more words available), so I don't see whats so great -.-

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kennypu said:
Dwight said:
PettingZoo said:
even if he does share it i don't see why there is so much hype, since the full game will probobly be released later on anyways. I would rather just play the full version rather than a demo, unless the demo contains features that the full one doesn't (eg, the sandbox mode, but the full will probobly have that too with more words available), so I don't see whats so great -.-
Because this is probably the most hyped game that isn't already in a series and it still has about a month and a half until release. Since the biggest draw for the game is just messing around with the dictionary, having that to play with in the demo will rock.

AlmightyJuh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like someone else said if the demo is realeased and people see just what is in store for them in the full version I think it would be a huge selling point.

Off subject: Dwight your avatar's name is spellled Gob Bluth. George Oscar Bluth.

Bleedingelite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlmightyJuh said:
Like someone else said if the demo is realeased and people see just what is in store for them in the full version I think it would be a huge selling point.

Off subject: Dwight your avatar's name is spellled Gob Bluth. George Oscar Bluth.

I think he's referring to how everybody in the show pronounces it except for his family. Like when he's being announced for his magic show. God damn that show makes me laugh so much.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Unfortunately this person will not be known as a legend. most likely it will be given to the Scene, and it will be touted as another Scene release. end of story.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, first of all, I didn't tell anyone what game this is, so everyone is just jumping conclusions. I saw the pictures you edited, and I can see how it might look like a certain game, but it could be other games too, so don't get all crazy on me.

As for release groups, they are either hell to get a hold of, or they are just plain jerks, so I don't really know what's happening there. Not to mention the fact that I've never actually been in the position to "release" something before, and I really don't need legal battles right now.

So there is your update. I'm not saying it won't turn out the way that you all want, but I also didn't want to get people crazy excited over something I wasn't sure that I could deliver, which is why I marked out the name of the game to begin with.

SirPenguin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeremiah Slaczka, Creative Director and co-founder of 5TH Cell, knows about this and he himself says it's fake and not Scribblenauts.

Take that as you will, I guess.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlmightyJuh said:

I know, I've seen every episode of Arrested Development multiple times. It's probably my favorite show. I just thought that it was hilarious that GOB was always introduced as Gawb during the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, that was fun to watch. +1