Misc How to rate a downloaded game?

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just downloaded DK64 on my WiiU, now i want to rate it, but i can't find out how to do this...

Can anyone tell me the right steps?

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. The Controls
2. The Camera
3. The whole game world

The Game was never really good, even 1999 when it was released. It's DK in a Banjo-Kazooie-Style-Gameplay with horrible controls and a really bad camera movement. In this VC-Release for WiiU they didn't improve any of these issues. Controlling the game with the WiiU Gamepad or the Classic Controller is even worse than using the original N64 Pad.

The whole game world looks boring, and it's a pain to move in it. To temporize the game lenght, they decided to place items in 5 different colors, and only a certain monkey can pick up a certain color, so you have to permanently switch the monkeys. The controls are clumsy, slow and they are lagging. Example: To use your gun in first person mode, you have to hold down "L", press the right stick to the left and then up. :wtf:

The camera is so often in front of you, that it is impossible to evade enemies, especially in tunnels or narrow places.

It's one of Rares worst games. Only a die-hard DK fan can enjoy this. :shit:

Reactions: 2Hack

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1. The Controls
2. The Camera
3. The whole game world

The Game was never really good, even 1999 when it was released. It's DK in a Banjo-Kazooie-Style-Gameplay with horrible controls and a really bad camera movement. In this VC-Release for WiiU they didn't improve any of these issues. Controlling the game with the WiiU Gamepad or the Classic Controller is even worse than using the original N64 Pad.

The whole game world looks boring, and it's a pain to move in it. To temporize the game lenght, they decided to place items in 5 different colors, and only a certain monkey can pick up a certain color, so you have to permanently switch the monkeys. The controls are clumsy, slow and they are lagging. Example: To use your gun in first person mode, you have to hold down "L", press the right stick to the left and then up. :wtf:

The camera is so often in front of you, that it is impossible to evade enemies, especially in tunnels or narrow places.

It's one of Rares worst games. Only a die-hard DK fan can enjoy this. :shit:
I've heard nothing but praise for that game, I'm surprised you have so many issues with it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
To be fair, often when an old game is being praised, it's just nostalgia talking.
This.

Not too long ago I bought a copy of Re-Volt to play on my Dreamcast and I was so excited to play it again.. Just to realise that the game isn't actually very good any more. Dead or Alive PS1 is the same thing.

The only games that haven't disappointed me too much are the Crash and Spyro ones, well, except for the camera that's feels extremely awkward and freaking slow.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
.3. Guess Im not getting it for my N64 then.

Save your money :P

To be fair, often when an old game is being praised, it's just nostalgia talking.

Not too long ago I bought a copy of Re-Volt to play on my Dreamcast and I was so excited to play it again.. Just to realise that the game isn't actually very good any more. Dead or Alive PS1 is the same thing
Yep. Many games from the past can't pass the test of time. Especially early 3D games. Many 2D games from the 80s/90s are still a pleasure, but Donkey Kong 64 is a perfect counterexample. Graphics, Controls and the camera are unbearable today.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm playing it on my wii using not64 and other than the fact that the camera keeps reseting on me i don't have any issues at all. The controls respond well and about the collectibles, well i usually focus on one kong at the time so i never felt like it was padding. and the graphics well they get better on later worlds.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
yep. I never liked it as a kid. Was such an ugly game to play, no matter how hard I tried to like it. Never understood the appeal back then, or now. Super slow paced, felt like it was just running slow all the time. Needed the expansion pack and bs like that. Even multi-Player was horrible. Some minigames were ok, but not worth the game.

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard nothing but praise for that game, I'm surprised you have so many issues with it.

I've met a few people hate on it, which is fairly reasonable. It's fairly stale compared to Banjo-Kazooie. I say that the DKC series that were revived during the Wii's time definitely helped out DK's reputation, since the games are much like the SNES predecessors. I did like how whenever you quit the game, King K. Rool would laugh maniacally though.

Reactions: 2Hack
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You aren't supposed to play the game. The $10 is for the DK rap.
I wonder if it's the censored one where they say heck instead of hell lol

My fiance and I actually love this game, and came close to beating it together, but gave up on the last level because it just got too annoying towards the end.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's one of my favorite games of all time, the only n64 game i still own and the only reason i kept my n64 all these years.
i've never had the problem of comparing old games to new games sure it would suck if it came out now but it didn't it came out in 1999 it was a great game back then and it never stopped being good to me.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...