Hacking How to Patch Games with an arm7.bin file..

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
htmystery said:
HI!

I have a quick question about this arm7 patch business...

I have 3045 - Monster Lab (E) rom that I got from a site.

I currently use R4 for my DS and I've downloaded arm7fixa program... I've tried to use it and all...
I used "0573 - Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 - March of the Minis (U).nds" as a donor file... and when I use it I end up with another Monster Lab (E) file that is arm7fixed... and a arm7.bin file...

what do I do from here???

Sorry if it's a stupid question... thanks in advance!
laugh.gif

-HT

QUOTE(htmystery @ Jan 2 2009, 05:48 AM) BTW - just FYI, i've tried to put the fixed .nds on my microSD card already and it does NOT work.. =(

I've tried to put both the new .nds file and and .bin file on DS (and renamed them same) and it doens't work either....

...am I just an idiot who doesn't know how to use this? =(

No arm7.bin donor works with all games. You will have to test different donors until you find a compatible game.

htmystery

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
No arm7.bin donor works with all games. You will have to test different donors until you find a compatible game.

Hmm... so is it just a donor problem then? so.. I AM supposed to put the new .nds file with .bin file that is created with arm7fixa program.. yes?

I guess I'll just try to find different donors.......... lol... any recommendations??

thanks again!

-HT

Wynd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question too. And I really wanna try Age of Empire : Mythologies with cheats and Im using a R4 since you need to patch it, I patched it .lol. but the newly patched AoE:M does not have cheats which is bad news..

Can you put cheats on the newly patched ROM? IF so please teach me..

Thank you very much in advance...

PS: Dont tell to buy a new flascart >.< I dont have budget..

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
htmystery said:
cracker said:

Hmm... so is it just a donor problem then? so.. I AM supposed to put the new .nds file with .bin file that is created with arm7fixa program.. yes?

I guess I'll just try to find different donors.......... lol... any recommendations??

thanks again!

-HT

You don't need the arm7.bin on your media. That is just the donor's extracted arm7.bin. 0451 has worked for a few games.

QUOTE(Wynd @ Feb 9 2009, 03:10 PM)
I have a question too. And I really wanna try Age of Empire : Mythologies with cheats and Im using a R4 since you need to patch it, I patched it .lol. but the newly patched AoE:M does not have cheats which is bad news..

Use the ARM7 Fix option with DSATM when applying cheats. Alternatively, you could use the game already patched with ARM7Fixa to apply the cheat patch with DSATM to. Both will give you the same end result so it doesn't matter.

Wynd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cracker said:
htmystery said:
cracker said:

thanks again!

-HT

You don't need the arm7.bin on your media. That is just the donor's extracted arm7.bin. 0451 has worked for a few games.

QUOTE(Wynd @ Feb 9 2009, 03:10 PM)

Use the ARM7 Fix option with DSATM when applying cheats. Alternatively, you could use the game already patched with ARM7Fixa to apply the cheat patch with DSATM to. Both will give you the same end result so it doesn't matter.

how to do this?? Use the ARM7 Fix option with DSATM when applying cheats. Sorry I dont know.. teach me Im begging

crimsonxblade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work on Bleach Dark souls? some people said to change the header with the japanese version but it says it still can't read the save file. can someone help me and tell me if they get it to work? thanks

beaker123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for this information about HOW TO PATCH GAMES THAT HAVE A "SAVE DATA CANNOT BE ACCESSED" It worked a treat it was really making me mad so thanks again. I looked at many sites and found this very easy to understand. So thanks again!!!!
bow.gif

strider2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help. i tried everything you posted (and even read the read-me), but FF CC EoT still wont work on the R4. (btw it is the latest version) Also, do i put the .PAT file in the R4?

crillmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I used this to open GTA Chinatown Wars as is tried to open the game but kept saying "can not open save data...". Did the arm7 thingy and now it opens but when you get to the "auto save yes or no screen" to start the game whichever you select "yes or no" the screedn goes blank!!!!!!! Any ideas?????

Curley5959

CCC Member!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
strider2 said:
I need help. i tried everything you posted (and even read the read-me), but FF CC EoT still wont work on the R4. (btw it is the latest version) Also, do i put the .PAT file in the R4?
Isnt FFCCEOT a piracy issue??? Not sure..

QUOTE(crillmeister @ Apr 10 2009, 07:55 PM) Hi there, I used this to open GTA Chinatown Wars as is tried to open the game but kept saying "can not open save data...". Did the arm7 thingy and now it opens but when you get to the "auto save yes or no screen" to start the game whichever you select "yes or no" the screedn goes blank!!!!!!! Any ideas?????
Uhh, flashy??

There is a forum post.. In the NEWS which tells you what to do with which flashy.. R4, Arm7 and Arm9.. Some others only Arm9..

Any more questions, just ask..

crillmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a R4 card so I just repalced the arm7 file? Where si this NEWS thing I need to look at then, sorry for being dumb but this is totally new to me. Ta

Dr.Mercury

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it does not work with Mario & Luigi RPG 3
frown.gif

i don't know why but when i start the game (the time i click in the file that i'm suposed to chose) the game became a black screen

oh ya, i don't know if its help in the awser but before i start the game the FIRST time ome strange japanese mesenge apears (before mario and luigi apears saying NINTENDO with alphadream logo)

please somebody help me
frown.gif

vincentizhere

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did everything that you said and i finally got my GTA: Chinatown Wars to work, but the game can't go pass the part where it asks you if you want auto saving on(which is in the beginning). It just goes blank. And i can see you already answered this question, but i can't find that forum that explains how to fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F