Hacking How to Patch Games with an arm7.bin file..

unholydoragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
Get the R4 Cheat Code Editor. Load the usrcheat.dat into it. Go to AoE:M in the list and highlight it. Click on Tools.. Get gameID from ROM. Find the arm7 fixed game and it will give you the ID. Copy the ID and overwrite the one that it has in the database. Then save the database and overwrite the one on your R4.

I try to open the database cheat file from the CHEAT(UE) file from the one i got from gbatemp. When i try to open it, it says database format error.
What should I do?

Thanks

unholydoragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't get it to work. I can't use the zip file. I use vista, and Even when i run as administratior, i still get the format error when i try to open the database

Has anyone had this problem before?

unholydoragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DAT file that comes along with the program works perfectly with the database. Which Usercheat file are you talking about? The one I tried came from the Massive Cheat Database the UE one.

Synchromatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm not sure what's going wrong.

It might help if you can explain what you are doing, and what program you are using to open the cheat files with. You should basically be downloading the file, extracting the DAT file, and open up the DAT file with your editor.

If this still doesn't work, I don't know what to do. It works perfectly with me.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unholydoragon said:
Yea, its not working. I have no idea why....
Format Error.....

Make sure you have the latest version of R4CCE. If it won't open the dat then it should import from the XML DB. If it doesn't then something is really screwy.
wink.gif

unholydoragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can open dat files. It can open the usrcheat.dat that comes wit hthe zip file. It just cant open the one from Massive Cheat website one. The massive cheat website one works perfectly with my R4 though.

brissmas

Trophies
XP
Country
I patched sonic darkbrother hood and ben10 perfectly but when i select age of empires:mythologies it comes up with an error that says:
C:\Documents and Settings\BRYCE(my documents)\Desktop\MaxCrassMethod\DSLazy\ndstool.exe is not a valid Win 32 application.
When i press unpack it comes up with the same error but it has nothing in the folder. Can anyone help?

htmystery

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI!

I have a quick question about this arm7 patch business...

I have 3045 - Monster Lab (E) rom that I got from a site.

I currently use R4 for my DS and I've downloaded arm7fixa program... I've tried to use it and all...
I used "0573 - Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 - March of the Minis (U).nds" as a donor file... and when I use it I end up with another Monster Lab (E) file that is arm7fixed... and a arm7.bin file...

what do I do from here???

Sorry if it's a stupid question... thanks in advance!
laugh.gif

-HT

htmystery

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW - just FYI, i've tried to put the fixed .nds on my microSD card already and it does NOT work.. =(

I've tried to put both the new .nds file and and .bin file on DS (and renamed them same) and it doens't work either....

...am I just an idiot who doesn't know how to use this? =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Doubt we'll ever see a Switch 2 anytime soon.