Hacking How to Patch Games with an arm7.bin file..

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I realize this is an old topic, I hope someone will still see this.

I patched Sonic Classic Collection twice, and when I tried loading it, all I got was a white screen, before I was getting "The save data cannot be read" screen.

Please help, thank you in advance.

Edit: I read... Somewhere that downgrading to AKAIO 1.5 will work, I tried and it did, =D! I hope this doesn't affect any of my other games..

Sword87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi everyone.

I always use this method when its come to "save data could not be accessed" when loading rom especially new ones. Until now, the games that I cannot patch using this method are :
> Golden Sun - Dark Dawn
> Mario & DK - Mini-Land Mayhem
> Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands

Anyone successfully patch these games?

SOME INFOS:
> Most of the game that need to patch, I usually use ARM7 from 999/DQ9/BEN10 games. Every game work after using this ARM7 (example of the games that work : EO3, Okamiden, Ghost Tricks, Lego HP n Pirates, Lufia, Radiant Historia, Sonic Colours etc)

> When its come to three of the game above, patching is failed. GSDD and PoP - Black Screen, MDK - White Screen

> For GSDD and MDK, I using patched version using Retrogame Patch. If I using this patch, the game load but after that the "save data could not be accessed" message will appear.

> PoP has AP. I use AAP code from usrcheat.dat but only welcomed by black screen

SO, hopefully someone can give guide or clue on how to work on Three game above to work on my DSi

Sword87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Right know I use clone Acekard2i (Xilinx Spartan); bought it from a guy from Lowyat.net. At that time, there is no news about fake/clone AK2i (if yes, I will not buy from him)
angry.gif

About this method, it still can be use but not for certain game like GSDD and MDK (until this time).

ADDITIONAL INFOS:

> ARM7 form GSDD, MDK and PoP is extracted respectively. My reason is: I want to see the outcome if I use own ARM7 games. Meaning that using ARM7 extracted from GSDD, then patch GSDD with its own ARM7 to prevent "save data could not be accessed".

> My result :

If I use the method above, only MDK can run/boot in my Acekard2i (with save data could not be accessed message) and Desmume (of course can run and play).
For GSDD, it shows the message that the game created save file, then black screen appear with some noise like a clock tick.
For PoP only black screen.

> My analyse:

MDK - MDK can run smoothly in my Ak2i but I need to find the suitable ARM7 to patch.
GSDD - I do not think ARM7 patch will work with this game. Is that because the game does not accept any ROM trim or overtrim happened during patch?
PoP - Patch will not work, maybe need AP code being applied.

> Question
Is there any patch method that will preserved the size of rom?

:-) Right now, I play MDK, GSDD and PoP in No$GBA. But if can, I really want to play it in my AK2i. Maybe in the future I will buy new original Ak2i with new 3DS, but for 3DS I will wait for Nintendo action. Maybe they will release some enhanced version of 3DS in next year like they did with DSiLL.

Sword87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Some update information from me:

>> I successfully patching GSDD using ARM7 form 999. It works (save/loading save) but until you need to face the first battle in the cave. The screen become black but sound still can hear. Tested in DesMume and the GSDD patching roms can pass that first battle. So, the fault is come from AK2i.

>> I extracted ARM7 from new games like Alice DSi, Lost Identities and Emily Strangerous and hope that if I using these ARM7, games like MDK will work. After patching using ARM7FIXA, it works on DesMume. Unfortunately, that patch rom's still has "the save data could not be accessed" message even though I use ARM7 from unprotected ARM7.

>> When I look at ARM7 using HexEditor from Alice DSi and compared it with ARM7 from Lost Identities, there is only one hex that change. Compared the same ARM7 from Alice DSi with ARM7 from MDK, there is many different between two of them except the version of ARM7 that is 2.88.00.

I think that is enough this time. If I find out something new, I will updated soon. :-) I now collecting money to buy Supercard DSTwo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...