Hacking How to Patch Games with an arm7.bin file..

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
arm7 patched copy of #2769 does not load on the RPG. it continues to give the save data error. i tried both the dslazy and arm7fixa methods. curious of anyone has other suggestions?

i'm currently using an unreleased beta build of norms firmware (1.3v4) but have tried it on the official and 1.2 with no luck.

does anyone have a list of donor #'s to try? so far i've been told 0864 is a universal donor.

thanks,
-another world

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
arm7 patched copy of #2769 does not load on the RPG. it continues to give the save data error. i tried both the dslazy and arm7fixa methods. curious of anyone has other suggestions?

i'm currently using an unreleased beta build of norms firmware (1.3v4) but have tried it on the official and 1.2 with no luck.

does anyone have a list of donor #'s to try? so far i've been told 0864 is a universal donor.

thanks,
-another world

0864 worked well as a donor for games that came out around the same time it did but many newer titles can't use it. I haven't had time to do thorough testing but I suspect that the donor game might need to have the same save type as the game that is getting its arm7.bin replaced.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
sounds like a project worth doing if you have the time. thanks for the info i'll look into it more.

i dropped an e-mail to team acekard asking about getting this game added to the rpg loader they mentioned that setting the save type to 64kbit manually will fix the problem in AKAIO and it does. hope this info helps anyone else who read my posts.

-another world

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cracker said:
0864 worked well as a donor for games that came out around the same time it did but many newer titles can't use it. I haven't had time to do thorough testing but I suspect that the donor game might need to have the same save type as the game that is getting its arm7.bin replaced.
2337 works for me on newer titles.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Sorry for the bump..
smile.gif

Im surprised this is still getting views.. There is an easier way now..

gbr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curley5959 said:
Sorry for the bump..
smile.gif

Im surprised this is still getting views.. There is an easier way now..

Its still getting views cause it works...tx but you mentioned an easier way...????????????

laodude4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used your guide to fix my game(Naruto Path of the Ninja 2), but the wifi won't work. Do you know anyway to fix the wifi connection? I already tried Cracker's ARM7Fixa, but still won't work.
cry.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laodude4 said:
I used your guide to fix my game(Naruto Path of the Ninja 2), but the wifi won't work. Do you know anyway to fix the wifi connection? I already tried Cracker's ARM7Fixa, but still won't work.
cry.gif

It's possibly a problem with the flash card you use. Which one is it? All the download play data remains intact with ARM7Fixa so I would think the problem lay with the card.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
That is a possibility.. I guess if it doesnt work, You have 3 options..

Dont Play it

Buy the game

Buy a new flashkart

But hopefully cracker will find a way around it for you.. Because its obvious my way ruins wifi.. Havent tried crackers method yet but I dont need to because I got a cyclo a short time ago.. But I still know how to patch the games
tongue.gif

Good Luck

laodude4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
laodude4 said:
cry.gif

It's possibly a problem with the flash card you use. Which one is it? All the download play data remains intact with ARM7Fixa so I would think the problem lay with the card.
what's the flash card? you mean the game chip that you can put in your DS? If it is then im using the R4. (sorry if I seem really dumb about all this.)

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
i opened this page and 21 of this started to pop up in my face and continuing and i was like, woah 0_0 and thought it was a virus in gbatemp...

anyway:
i accidentally "cut" my arm7.bin, so i went to redownload the stuff, but none of the mirrors worked and rapidshare as always "your download session has expired"
it magically appeared in my folder again. mysteriously. thanks for the tutorial

LEE.JONES

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the above help.
Have a DSTT card.
Will the above work with this card.
also do I have to do the same with Arm9 or do I leave that alone.
New to this and my boys are having a great time but I need to get Call of Duty World at war working and Hulk and by just doing ARM 7 your way....
Will that be enough??
What about Arm 9?
Thanks again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...