Hacking HOW TO INSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL ON 4.0 VIRGIN WII!!

chaoxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so i made sure my wii isn't that lu64 thing and i'm alright. I followed the guide as well as i could i couldn't find a cios36.wad file i found a ios36-64-v1402 i'm not sure if this is the right file but it gave me and installing ticket error, ret = -2011. Everything goes downhill from there. For some reason pirate bay is not loading for me today >.>

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keyra said:
QUOTE said:
ALSO BE SURE NO BACKUPLAUCHER .dol's or Pirated .dol's are on your SD Card as that will make CDVDX not work also.
you serious ?

Deadly serious........... also it wil give you a piracy message if thats the case (there is a fix if that happens)

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
chaoxx said:
Alright so i made sure my wii isn't that lu64 thing and i'm alright. I followed the guide as well as i could i couldn't find a cios36.wad file i found a ios36-64-v1402 i'm not sure if this is the right file but it gave me and installing ticket error, ret = -2011. Everything goes downhill from there. For some reason pirate bay is not loading for me today >.>
You have to select IOS35 in wadmanager for installing stuff or cIOS won't isntall. That fact is missing in the guide...

chaoxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slowking said:
chaoxx said:
You have to select IOS35 in wadmanager for installing stuff or cIOS won't isntall. That fact is missing in the guide...

Ah okay that changes things a little. I now get ret -1035 error now.. I'll read up on that and post updates if i figured it out

EDIT: I attempted to install HBC.wad anyways and it says the install worked, but when I go back to the menu its nowhere to be found? I'm assuming thats because I don't have cios installed correct?

OMG no wonder... the HBC.wad file in the zip is actualy WadManager... I had to download another homebrewchannel wad file off a diff source.

chaoxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kongsnutz said:
yeh select IOS35 in the wad manager then install CIOS

Sorry what i meant was the HBC.wad file installs WAD Manager 1.3 as a channel and not as homebrewchannel as I'm assuming it should

Just found a wad file for homebrewchannel 1.01 at this site:
http://www.taotaowan.com/index.php/archives/67

This should solve some frustration in nubs like me who couldn't figure out why hbc.wad was not installing the homebrew channel
tongue.gif

chaoxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slowking said:
You don't need the homebrewchannel wad. After using IOS Downgrader you can use the normal homebrewchannel isntaller http://hbc.hackmii.com/

For some reason I could not get that working at first, the DOL file was giving me an error. I finaly managed to get it working now though. My 4.0U is running just as well as my buddys 3.2 wii if not better.

If anyone needs help send me a PM and i'll try and help, I kept all my files just incase.

hellsingfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaoxx said:
Slowking said:
You don't need the homebrewchannel wad. After using IOS Downgrader you can use the normal homebrewchannel isntaller http://hbc.hackmii.com/

For some reason I could not get that working at first, the DOL file was giving me an error. I finaly managed to get it working now though. My 4.0U is running just as well as my buddys 3.2 wii if not better.

If anyone needs help send me a PM and i'll try and help, I kept all my files just incase.

How did you install HBC? I ran the iosdowngrader and then ran the hbc.wad but it didn't install the homebrew channel. I looked at the official website but how do u install that, it says you needs Twilight hack but those aren't for 4.0, so can someone straigthen this out.

Thanks in advance

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
hellsingfan said:
chaoxx said:
Slowking said:

How did you install HBC? I ran the iosdowngrader and then ran the hbc.wad but it didn't install the homebrew channel. I looked at the official website but how do u install that, it says you needs Twilight hack but those aren't for 4.0, so can someone straigthen this out.

Thanks in advance

Download the boot.dol from the HBC website, and place it on the root of your SD card. Use the BaNNeRBoMB to load it. If you managed to downgrade earlier it should install and appear on the system menu after a reboot or two.

hellsingfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ToneEQ said:
hellsingfan said:
chaoxx said:
Slowking said:

Thanks in advance

Download the boot.dol from the HBC website, and place it on the root of your SD card. Use the BaNNeRBoMB to load it. If you managed to downgrade earlier it should install and appear on the system menu after a reboot or two.

Actually I ended up using the wad file that was on the chinese (?) site he listed on the previous page. should i go for the original or is the wad okay?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
just trying to understand this. Not the steps themselves, but the actual processes behind them
so first you downgrade ios35, but then in the next step, you install a fresh copy of that ios again.
how exactly does all of this work?

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but if, after downgrading IOS35 and installing the IOS35 wad, I run the cIOS installer using BannerBomb method instead of installing the cios36.wad, could it work?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kedest -

You don't exactly downgrade the IOS35, CMDVDx simply edits it's version number so you can install a older one over the top (trucha enabled one)

Frome there you can use IOS35 (since it's truchad) to install CIOSv7.wad (in my guide we update to 10 later)

And then we use CIOS to install everything else!!

Got it now?

Prisoner -

Nah that on't work, 4.0 installs a new IOS36 that doesn't allow trucha to run, CIOS installer needs trucha (enabled IOS36, which is what ya install)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9