Tutorial  Updated

How to install Retrix (Retroarch/Libretro port) for Xbox One

Prerequisite - Requires Dev mode to be activated so you can sideloadd apps. If you don't already have it you can find more information here. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-activate-dev-mode-your-xbox-one-console

libretro_logo.jpg

Retrix(LibretroRT) is a massive project aimed at porting all libretro cores to UWP. It currently supports Nes,Snes,Sega Master System,Sega Game gear, Sega CD, sg 1000, Playstation, Gameboy, Gameboy advance, and many more to be ported soon. This guide will cover installing Retrix for your xbox one console.

[1.] Download ProjectPgeasus (If you already have ProjectPegasus this step doesn't apply)
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/raw/master/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

[2.] Once Installed just open it up and select RetriX. Now just wait for it to download. All you have to do now is Sideload Retrix on to your Xbox One (If you don't know how, follow the full guide here https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/blob/master/binaries/Installing APPX Packages.pdf )

[3.] Enjoy! :yayone:

TEcaQY6.png

Retrix brings with it support for local 2 player something we have not had until now. It also opens the floodgates to every single emulator that is currently inside the scope of the libretro project. You can see a full list here https://github.com/libretro

I had been sitting on releasing Retrix for quite a bit now but it has finally reached a point where it is stable enough for release. Credit goes to Albertofustonini for creating and maintaining the Retrix Project. Credit also goes to @kingtut for advocating for a Libretro/Retroarch port for Xbox One. You can follow current development on the official github page https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT

Last edited by wiired24,

Absestos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aftnet.net
XP
Country
Italy
@wiired24 Thank you very much for your work :)
You can see it live on retrix.me, what will become RetriX's home on the internet.
From a technical standpoint, the site is fully set up (domain, SSL, CDN etc.) - but I want to make some changes to the content and possibly record a new demo video before starting to push it.
Consider the site as it is a stealth launch, lol.

Once again, thank you

@dominater01 @ploggy As usual, could you try the cores on a PC with a reasonably powerful CPU to see if the audio issues persist?
It may be that those cores are not as optimized as other comparable systems' ones and the Xbox's CPU can't keep up.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can see it live on retrix.me, what will become RetriX's home on the internet.
From a technical standpoint, the site is fully set up (domain, SSL, CDN etc.) - but I want to make some changes to the content and possibly record a new demo video before starting to push it.

Once again, thank you

@dominater01 @ploggy As usual, could you try the cores on a PC with a reasonably powerful CPU to see if the audio issues persist?
It may be that those cores are not as optimized as other comparable systems' ones and the Xbox's CPU can't keep up.
I still cant get it to install on my laptop. But dont worry i think its more a problem with my lappy than with retrix itself ;)

Btw it seems your getting more proficiant at adding cores :) hopefully we can get some of the classic cores added soon :) and dare I say.... Mame lol I know you said in the past that Mame could be pain but I think you shouldn't have problems with the Mame 2003 core. Anything newer than that had problems on the WiiU.. :( but 2003 and older compiled fine.

Reactions: wiired24

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Once again, thank you

its doing this on pc as well, theres some kind of syncing issue with the music in the wonderswan / color core in general

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Once again, thank you

@Absestos I wanted to go ahead and get this out to you as it has some Urgent fixes. For One, I fixed an issue where the resolution of the Youtube video was causing the site to look strange on mobile devices. It now looks much better, I also changed the HTML code to make the images load from the directory instead of linking to the URL of an image. That way the content on your webpage will still be there, and won't be jeopardized if someone decides to take down their server.

You can grab it here
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gpwyc5tzjc5tn5t/RetriX_Website.zip

Also thanks to @ElijahZAwesome RetriX now has a discord server. If you'd like to add this to the Github readme here it is https://discord.gg/D6MtrvH

Last edited by wiired24,
Reactions: Enovale

Devy-Kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I got my Xbox into developer mode and I'm ready to sideload apps. However, I'm currently unable to visit the IP Website, so I can't install anything.

So, just for clarification, just HOW do I get there and on what device?

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I got my Xbox into developer mode and I'm ready to sideload apps. However, I'm currently unable to visit the IP Website, so I can't install anything.

Well first you would set up authentication in the Dev Mode settings, then You just type xboxone:11443 into the URL box in your browser on your PC or Laptop and it should connect. If your home wi-fi network is not working correctly for connecting then may I suggest tethering your Mobile device to your Xbox One and PC? It's something to try and may resolve your issue. I actually had a similar issue this morning when I was trying to sideload some stuff and I was not able to make a connection using my home network so I used my Phone as a mobile hotspot and shared the connection between Xbox one and Phone. Also make sure that your Computer and Xbox One are both on the same network.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here are a couple videos that may help

(Sideloading) Start at 2:32 and watch to 4:30

(Connecting your Xbox One to Mobile Hotspot)

Last edited by wiired24,

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does Retrix supports dual shock gamepad???

I played Resident Evil Director's Cut Dual Shock, but the game didn't recognize my 360 controller as a dual shock gamepad :(.

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The controls are the same in both versions. It's just the way they are mapped by default A for A, B for B, etc
In future releases I'm sure you will be able to map the controller to your liking. The software is in alpha stage right now so not everything has been 100% implemented yet.
Will be possible aswell to toggle analog button and force feedback support for psx games??

All dual shock enable games, don't recognize my 360 gamepad as a dual shock, but just the classic psx gamepad with no analog neither rumble support :( :(.

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: shaneod

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While the effort is appreciated, I highly doubt either of those cores would run well on the XB1. Especially inside the limitations dev mode has.
Dolphin is more likely since Retroarch has ported it but fullspeed.. Never going to happen. :( not until the Console is smashed wide open anyway :)

Absestos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aftnet.net
XP
Country
Italy
Another small update

I have a new version of the website up at retrix.me: I changed the layout to

1. Emphasize the calls to action (download and donate)
2. Make it feel more modern and like a "proper" startup landing page
3. Have more links above the fold (GitHub, twitter, discord)
4. Make it work better on mobile and high density screens

Once again, many thanks to @wiired24 and apologies I ended up going for a different design.

Also, given how many people are coming to this thread asking for guidance on installing/using RetriX, I have started a wiki on the GitHub page: I think it would be a good idea to consolidate the answers we are giving on this thread over there if possible. What do you think?

Last edited by Absestos,

jirkawaggon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
While the effort is appreciated, I highly doubt either of those cores would run well on the XB1. Especially inside the limitations dev mode has.

Yes I know, but somebody may change of emulation history or may has access to Xbox SDK kit (ID@Xbox) :-)

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by dominater01,
Reactions: ploggy

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
Another small update

I have a new version of the website up at retrix.me: I changed the layout to

1. Emphasize the calls to action (download and donate)
2. Make it feel more modern and like a "proper" startup landing page
3. Have more links above the fold (GitHub, twitter, discord)
4. Make it work better on mobile and high density screens

Once again, many thanks to @wiired24 and apologies I ended up going for a different design.

it'll helps the newcomer :) good idea

Last edited by wakabayashy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gameboy Advanced SP emulator or GASP for short lol