Hacking Homebrew How to install GameCube Games Via USB Helper

RangoMcRoony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I'm new to this community so please excuse me if I make any mistakes or haven't posted this correctly.

So I have a few questions and concerns regarding getting GameCube games on my Wii U.

Firstly I used Tiramisu to hack my Wii U. I have not hacked my vWii.

1. Since I have not hacked my vWii, if I download GameCube games via USB Helper, will I be able to install it using Wup installer and launch it from the Wii U.

2. When USB helper asks to 'prepare SD at least once' before downloading GameCube games is this simply installing nintendont on my SD card or not.

3. Will I be able to store these files on the same HDD as my Wii U/vWii games?

4. Is the custom GameCube section on USB helper+providing-iso the same end product as using teconmoon injector

5. Do I need to hack my vWii for nintendont to work with this.

Thanks!

Trophies
XP
As far as I know as long as you have Nintendont set up properly the VC Titles Wii U USB Helper has should work. I did it once with Luigi's Mansion - and all it does is boot into Nintendont and launch the game. So set up Nintendont, then proceed to install the title via WUP Installer.

Reactions: jeannotte

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Since I have not hacked my vWii, if I download GameCube games via USB Helper, will I be able to install it using Wup installer and launch it from the Wii U.
You need to install Nintendont on vWii but IIRC that's just putting some files on the SD card.
3. Will I be able to store these files on the same HDD as my Wii U/vWii games?
Yes, that's the whole purpose of injects.
For now I gonna stick to injecting Wii games via teconmoon injector
This is the way I would recommend: Use a still maintained tool made for it instead of some all-in-one tool not maintained since a decade.

RangoMcRoony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need to install Nintendont on vWii but IIRC that's just putting some files on the SD card.

This is the way I would recommend: Use a still maintained tool made for it instead of some all-in-one tool not maintained since a decade.
Thanks you so much, that is a really comprehend answer! Really love how friendly this community is

Reactions: jeannotte

Powerphoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am attempting to inject MGS Twin Snakes but it's two discs. I haven't found how to do this online. I upload the first disc and Wii U USB Helper shows "1 ISO of 2" but I can't seem to load the second disc. Do I have to highlight both and drag and drop? I'm a little lost.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited by Powerphoenix,

MattchuLeroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am attempting to inject MGS Twin Snakes but it's two discs. I haven't found how to do this online. I upload the first disc and Wii U USB Helper shows "1 ISO of 2" but I can't seem to load the second disc. Do I have to highlight both and drag and drop? I'm a little lost.
Post automatically merged:
With TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector you can inject 2 discs easily

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill