Tutorial  Updated

How to install and play Eur BotW

After you completed the following
MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide(you only need steps I-III)

1. Download the game files which contains 258 files, i renamed the '00050000101C9500' folder to 'Z1' (final version with the uncorrupted files should be 259 files, 10,551,280,012 bytes)
2. Download the .tik file and rename it to title.tik (be sure you have extensions enabled or you can mess up and rename it to title.tik.tik if your extensions are hidden)
3. Place the title.tik files in the game folder (you should now have 259 files with the tik added on)
4. Download the update (the one from MEGA) and put it in a folder named Z2
5. On your SD card you need to have a folder called 'install' where you will place the game folder and the update folder (name those 2 folders Z1=the actual game and Z2=update)
[Also installing on NAND is much quicker than USB]

6. Insert the SD card into the Wii U and turn it on
7. Run a CFW (Mocha doesn't require anything special to set up so use it if you don't have one)
8. Run homebrew channel → WUP install GX2 → install the Z1 folder first.
9. For safe measure reboot and repeat steps 6,7 &8, but this time install Z2, the game update.
10. (Optional) Go to your internet settings of the WiiU → your connection and change the connection SSID name by adding a 0, that way your wiiu isn't connected once you start your gameplay just as a precaution so your WiiU doesn't get banned!
11. Once both files are installed press home, exit MiiMaker, start the game and have fun

Error: If you get an error saying something about Sig patcher, you can download and install an app from the HomebBrew App Store under 'Tools' named 'SigPatcher2HBL' and/or 'SigPatcher2sysmenu', load them and retry install!

Enjoy.

Remember if you don't want to play this game using your WiiU pad, you can install HID TO VPAD from the HomebBrew App Store under 'Tools' and play BotW using your PS4 controller! (tutorial for that is also in MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide)

Also check out my mini guide on how to reduce frame-rate drop/lag in the game

(Anon from 4chan helped make this!, this is his discord https://discord.gg/ADxvY3h)
And a Special shout out to Frenchbro for providing us with the tik! :D

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: Link to game download removed.

epic1link

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got It downloaded. But when I use GX2 installer I get the message: Confirm complete WUP files are in the folder. Any help?

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got It downloaded. But when I use GX2 installer I get the message: Confirm complete WUP files are in the folder. Any help?

You will have significant loading times halfway through this game if you use Loadiine. I wholeheartedly recommend you to use Mocha+WUPinstaller.

Since you already have Loadiine, I suggest HB App store to DL Mocha and WUPinstaller MOD Y and other not-so-related stuff. Unless space on your SD card or having multiple USB/SD+USB reader would an issue, as you'll need a dedicated formatted drive for Wii U.

Hypersonic172

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me? I've basically given up at this point, I've been trying for hours; I don't know where else to go or what to do.

So I'm having a problem with installing the update. I get this message: "possible bad SD card. Reformat (32k blocks) or replace"
Of course, other people have had that problem too, and they have fixed it by replacing four files (ending with 07, 39, 40, 41 .app files) from the original download.
That hasn't worked for me, the installation still fails at 34.4MB. I've downloaded the update from different sources, nothing seems to work.

Someone recommended to check with a program called Multipar. So, I did, and.. it says every single file is "damaged", except for title.cert, and about 9 other random files, out of 258.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm not sure if there's anything I haven't tried. Could someone help me out, or point me in the right direction here?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm using WUP Installer GX2, with Mocha CFW.

Last edited by Hypersonic172,

Hypersonic172

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hypersonic172
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-ze...y-leaked-already.461645/page-403#post-7140789
Post #8053. That should help you.

Also, if you get errors in MegaDL'er, you can Right-click resume/force DL. At worst, you can find a Gdrive link and DL every broken file.

I'm probably just too tired right now, but I don't see anything helpful to my situation.. I've already got the game itself installed, I have the update in its entirety right here, already placed the non-corrupted files in it. I get the error on WUP Installer GX2 itself, the "bad sd card" error.

Basically, the problem is my update folder. It won't install, even after replacing the corrupted files.

SRCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: problem solved.

I installed Haxchi earler today and it added a homebrew launcher to my home screen. I press B like it says in the Haxchi page here to do the region free thing but it doesn't do anything, it just boots the launcher.

Last edited by SRCP,

Namanix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Hypersonic172 funny how no one actually tries to do what the error says haha. I also had that error and formatted my sd card using minitool partition manager or something like that. You can use the free version. My sd card had a 64k cluster. Turned it to 32k. Formatted it. Put the files back on my sd card and voila it started installing! Hope this helps

Hypersonic172

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hypersonic172

There is this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/

The bottom of the first post has error code issues.

It sounds silly, but did you accidentally hit the "lock" on your SD card? Maybe you could try WUPinstaller MOD Y?

I was honestly hoping the problem was something as dumb as accidentally locking the card. Sadly, that wasn't it.

WUPinstaller MOD Y spits out the exact same error message, stops at the exact same point (34.4MB/2222.6MB).

And, it can't be my SD card; I just successfully installed the game itself on it.

@Hypersonic172 funny how no one actually tries to do what the error says haha. I also had that error and formatted my sd card using minitool partition manager or something like that. You can use the free version. My sd card had a 64k cluster. Turned it to 32k. Formatted it. Put the files back on my sd card and voila it started installing! Hope this helps
I doubt that could be the problem, but.. I guess I'll have to try it? I mean, can't see why it'd let me install the game and multiple other games before this. Nothing else to do, I'll come back when it eventually finishes.

Last edited by Hypersonic172,

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check your files, they're probably corrupted indeed. I know sometimes your DL can get broken and create two parts of the .app file or it'll change the .app to a different extension. check to see file sizes--in your file/folder explorer, find where the files are located and click the "Size" tab. that should give you an idea of what could be corrupted. Also, definitely check to make sure it's only .h3 and .app in the "type" tab.

Hypersonic172

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm back.. with more disappointment.

Changed my SD card's cluster size to 32k, still did not work.

I have doublechecked my update folder, there are only .app files, .h3 files, and the three titles, title.tmd, title.cert, title.tik.

I've downloaded the update folder multiple times, seeing no change in file size, or anything.

After all of this, I've tried WUP Installer GX2, it gives me the exact same error as before, stopping at the exact same moment, as if I had changed nothing.

Maybe all of this ain't worth it after all. I've tried for hours, with no success. I don't know what to do anymore.

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably missing something completely obvious, but I have my directory structure set up like:

E:/install/Z1/*.3,*.app,title.tik files
E:/install/Z2/*.3,*.app,title.tik files
E:/wiiu/apps/wupgx2_install_channel

WUP installer shows me the following options:

Code:
Press A-Button to install title to system memory.
Press X-Button to install title to USB storage.
Press HOME-Button to return to HBL.

Pressing A briefly shows the Wii U icon, then displays:

Code:
ERROR: MCP_InstallGetInfo 0xFFFBF3E2

Then back to the WUP installer screen. Did I miss a step where we choose the directory of the game that we want to install?

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: raphzthename

Hypersonic172

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hypersonic172
Does the location you're installing to have enough space?
Maybe the site for Wii U has a better update. I know there are a few and they are not the same--technically.

It is worth it, I've been up for days and I feel great when I understood everything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@raphzthename
Check this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/
2,583 MB of free space, so that's a yes.

Not sure what other update there is. I think I'm just giving up for now.

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Awesome, thanks! For those that come across the same error 0xFFFBF3E2, the format should be:

Code:
E:/install/*.h3,*.app,title.tik

Now when I try to install it through WUP, however, I am getting this error:

Code:
Error: Not a version title or a game update

I ran Mocha before trying to install through WUP, so does this mean that perhaps my title.tik is not the right one?

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hypersonic172
That sucks; I hope you get it figured out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I ran Mocha before trying to install through WUP, so does this mean that perhaps my title.tik is not the right one?

I'd check all of your files to make sure you have the right extensions, complete files, etc,. Did you also change the tik to "title.tik"? If you know all of your files are correct, did you load the game first?

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd check all of your files to make sure you have the right extensions, complete files, etc,. Did you also change the tik to "title.tik"?

Code:
-rwxrwxrwx  1 raph  staff  95485952 Feb 28 04:02 00000080.app
-rwxrwxrwx  1 raph  staff        20 Feb 28 00:53 00000080.h3
-rwxrwxrwx  1 raph  staff  22085632 Feb 28 05:45 00000081.app
-rwxrwxrwx  1 raph  staff        20 Feb 28 05:45 00000081.h3
-rwxrwxrwx  1 raph  staff      2560 Feb 28 05:45 title.cert
-rwxrwxrwx  1 raph  staff       848 Feb 28 05:45 title.tik
-rwxrwxrwx  1 raph  staff     10852 Feb 28 05:45 title.tmd

I replaced the corrupt files you pointed out, still no go.

If you know all of your files are correct, did you load the game first?

What do you mean by loading the game first? I loaded Mocha CFW and then attempted to install through WUP. Should I try to load the game some other way?

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by loading the game first? I loaded Mocha CFW and then attempted to install through WUP. Should I try to load the game some other way?

I meant to load the game (00050000...) itself first, followed by the update; use WUPinstaller MOD Y.

It's painstaking, but you could verify all the (258(259)) files. I know not all of the files have a counterpart, i.e. 0000001.h3 to 0000001.app might just be 0000001.app, 0000002.app, 0000002.h3. Also, check to see the error code itself.

BTW, did you turn off "sleep Mode" for your formatted drive?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EqY4iZP4iI?si=SnXrNV8JyKnbrp9j