Tutorial  Updated

How to install and play Eur BotW

After you completed the following
MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide(you only need steps I-III)

1. Download the game files which contains 258 files, i renamed the '00050000101C9500' folder to 'Z1' (final version with the uncorrupted files should be 259 files, 10,551,280,012 bytes)
2. Download the .tik file and rename it to title.tik (be sure you have extensions enabled or you can mess up and rename it to title.tik.tik if your extensions are hidden)
3. Place the title.tik files in the game folder (you should now have 259 files with the tik added on)
4. Download the update (the one from MEGA) and put it in a folder named Z2
5. On your SD card you need to have a folder called 'install' where you will place the game folder and the update folder (name those 2 folders Z1=the actual game and Z2=update)
[Also installing on NAND is much quicker than USB]

6. Insert the SD card into the Wii U and turn it on
7. Run a CFW (Mocha doesn't require anything special to set up so use it if you don't have one)
8. Run homebrew channel → WUP install GX2 → install the Z1 folder first.
9. For safe measure reboot and repeat steps 6,7 &8, but this time install Z2, the game update.
10. (Optional) Go to your internet settings of the WiiU → your connection and change the connection SSID name by adding a 0, that way your wiiu isn't connected once you start your gameplay just as a precaution so your WiiU doesn't get banned!
11. Once both files are installed press home, exit MiiMaker, start the game and have fun

Error: If you get an error saying something about Sig patcher, you can download and install an app from the HomebBrew App Store under 'Tools' named 'SigPatcher2HBL' and/or 'SigPatcher2sysmenu', load them and retry install!

Enjoy.

Remember if you don't want to play this game using your WiiU pad, you can install HID TO VPAD from the HomebBrew App Store under 'Tools' and play BotW using your PS4 controller! (tutorial for that is also in MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide)

Also check out my mini guide on how to reduce frame-rate drop/lag in the game

(Anon from 4chan helped make this!, this is his discord https://discord.gg/ADxvY3h)
And a Special shout out to Frenchbro for providing us with the tik! :D

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: Link to game download removed.

Roxe__

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So that means that 10,551,280,012 bytes are game with tik?
It should be specifyed in step 3 then for better clarity, since in step 1 you talk about downloading the game, in step 2 the tik and in 3 merging the files.
Imho obviously, your guide, you decide. :)
What?!?!? it says FINAL version, read the comments above everyone else got it...

Don21

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got to say got it worked.. it could be little easier, but this is very simple to do.. Thanks Roxe. Rose for you all the way!!!
I used WUP to get it on NAND or something...never tried it because did all with SD, but it worked.. and lol one fail.. I tried USBloader/or GX loader lol, but it was just showing on the Wii u menu screen..Also i was so excited turn the game on without mocha lol fail...

Well we have to fail many times to succeed!! Thank Roxe and Matt!

Theycallmeloaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was working fine for me last night but upon waking it freezes on the Botw splash screen :( any ideas?

Edit : seems there's a conflict with HID to VPAD and Botw for me. So long as I don't use my ps4 controller it loads fine

Last edited by Theycallmeloaf,

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the method in the OP still applicable if you have the WUD version of the game ? Presumably you need to convert the WUD to some other format [ the one that ends up with the 250 odd files ] ?

torrentpal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone having issues with the files, PM me. I will message you the link for a better source. I had no issues installing or playing and i am about 3-4 hours into the game.

Kent27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone having issues with the files, PM me. I will message you the link for a better source. I had no issues installing or playing and i am about 3-4 hours into the game.
My only issue is that the "add the chocolate" button took me to a black screen that said "FSOFailed

Temujin64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It booted fine the first time but now any time I try to boot it I get the 199-9999 error code. Any idea what might be wrong?

EDIT 1: Deleting the update and reinstalling it works but only until the system is shut off. Upon booting up the Wii U again I have to delete the update and reinstall it.

EDIT 2: I'm a noob to custom firmware didn't realise that you had to boot the console using mocha if you want the game to work. For those of you who don't know how to do that, assuming you followed this guide, boot the homebrew channel, load mocha and press A when the screen with white writing comes up. Then you'll be able to play BotW without the 199-9999 error.

Last edited by Temujin64,

Klynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It booted fine the first time but now any time I try to boot it I get the 199-9999 error code. Any idea what might be wrong?

EDIT: Deleting the update and reinstalling it works but only until the system is shut off. Upon booting up the Wii U again I have to delete the update and reinstall it.

I'd really appreciate any alternative solutions out there.

Huh... I just tested it out to make sure I wouldn't be fucked with my save and it worked fine for me? I got my update from a different location than MEGA, though.

Temujin64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Huh... I just tested it out to make sure I wouldn't be fucked with my save and it worked fine for me? I got my update from a different location than MEGA, though.

I got both the game and the update from TPB. I doubt it makes a difference though. I'd say that it's the same rip that's making the rounds.

Klynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiUUSBHelper lists v33 available now. Wasn't there yesterday. Guessing that's the update?

EDIT: and it's larger than the update that was going around. So yeah it looks like the real Day 1 patch is live.

Last edited by Klynn,
Reactions: Shikkichu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr