Not open for further replies.

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys

It's some years now that i log in on this website, but never felt the need to post anything because i was always able to get what i was looking for by searching

Until now...

I'm on Windows 7 and i tried everything, no luck, i also bought a TP-Link usb wifi stick but it was useless

Then, i remembered i had the Nintendo Wi-fi USB connector since the old DS days and i decided to look if there was a guide for homepass with it

There was, but for Windows XP, i'm on Windows 7 and i can't get the Nintendo USB connector to work with it

So i tought.... what if i install a virtual machine on windows 7 and then put Windows XP on it?

It worked perfectly!

So i decided to make a video tutorial:

Basically, this tutorial is the same as the Windows XP tutorial that is already posted on the first page, but this uses a virtual machine

Also, in the original tutorial, you had to modify a file with notepad and use a hex editor to modify some drivers and programs, in my guide you don't have to do that because i provided download links with all the files already modified

I know it's a pretty long tutorial, but i wanted to be as clear as possible, very noob-friendly, so to speak

Hopefully this will help all those people with windows 7 who still have the old Nintendo Wi-fi usb connector, maybe it works on windows 8 too and all the other systems where you can install a virtual machine

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My script (XZone) is running fine on Yosemite (for me, at least), and it'd be great if you could give it a go and see if it works for you. You can find it at https://github.com/h0bd0b1in/XZone. It does pretty much everything you need (although I'm always adding more useful stuff to it), all you have to do is switch on Internet Sharing, you don't even need to set the SSID or anything in SysPrefs, the script will take care of all that for you. :)

Going to update my previous post in a bit with features and stuff so it's more informative.

Does it support tethering from iPhone? Yosemite iirc doesn't support it anymore so it won't work.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
This us the DNS problem. If you have homrpass router in AP or bridge mode, DNS may not be configured at all, but as soon as script runs on a router itself, it needs to resolve domain names. So either change router mode to router/home gateway or find the method to configure the DNS server on it.

Ok. But, should I use your script that is on the main page? Or the one that Koldur gave me?

Also, does anyone can provide me of screenshots of how do you have configured your dd wrt please? I tried some configurations and they didn't work with the scripts. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.

Atramors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've tried all three methods for Linux and none of them have worked. With method three I am able to get the SSID to broadcast, but no authentication. Can anyone help?

Also, I could be wrong, but the link in the first method downloads a corrupt or incomplete file.

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Does it support tethering from iPhone? Yosemite iirc doesn't support it anymore so it won't work.

At the moment it's only working with ethernet and wifi, but I'll take your post as a feature request and add it in to the next build if I can. :D I've tethered from my iPhone to my Mac while running Yosemite, but it was back in the DP stages so I'll have to check.

EDIT: Okay I see what you mean now. While tethering works, IS doesn't allow you to share between the two interfaces on Yosemite. I'll look in to it and see what I can do. Might just be a matter of creating a VLAN bridge between the two interfaces. Thanks for the challenge! :D

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Also, I could be wrong, but the link in the first method downloads a corrupt or incomplete file.

I noticed that when I tried getting the script to run under OS X. If you open the script in a text editor, all you see is garbage, but it does actually run, I managed to get it to run under Debian Wheezy, so it must just be some funny encryption or something.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok. But, should I use your script that is on the main page? Or the one that Koldur gave me?

Also, does anyone can provide me of screenshots of how do you have configured your dd wrt please? I tried some configurations and they didn't work with the scripts. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.
You can use my script with any ddwrt router except of ralink based and dd-wrt micro builds. You will get appropriate meassages when you download and run installation script. You wrote huge messages but I have not seen any description of your setup. I suspect you have home pass router in wireless bridge mode, which is not easy to configure for average user because of the DNS.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
You can use my script with any ddwrt router except of ralink based and dd-wrt micro builds. You will get appropriate meassages when you download and run installation script. You wrote huge messages but I have not seen any description of your setup. I suspect you have home pass router in wireless bridge mode, which is not easy to configure for average user because of the DNS.

Thanks for the reply duke_srg. The connection is wired like this way:

Internet modem >>(wired)>> Main wireless Router >>(wired)>> Homepass router.

The main wireless router is the one that provides WiFi to my house, so I can't mess too much with the setup or my family will be pissed out. This is the configuration of the homepass router, as a bridged AP with no password:

http://i.imgur.com/Sl3LPuF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jygkQHp.jpg

ArchangelPT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, can anyone recommend a dedicated USB wireless adapter compatible with the Windows (VMware) method? Something affordable if possible

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

duke_srg, which script is yours? Does it say as much? I have a DD-WRT router and everything's working fine, but I can't MAC cycle. Would your script allow me to do that or should I leave well enough alone (don't fix what isn't broken)? Thanks.

Lord Boogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
duke_srg, which script is yours? Does it say as much? I have a DD-WRT router and everything's working fine, but I can't MAC cycle. Would your script allow me to do that or should I leave well enough alone (don't fix what isn't broken)? Thanks.

You have the same router as me, Ralink chipset, so can not use the script. It has something to do with writing to NVram and could brick the router??

Atramors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that when I tried getting the script to run under OS X. If you open the script in a text editor, all you see is garbage, but it does actually run, I managed to get it to run under Debian Wheezy, so it must just be some funny encryption or something.

Debian Wheezy? Which version is that? I'll give it a try. I did a little research and was able to solve one of my problems by downgrading to Ubuntu 13.10, but was still unable to get the AP to broadcast.

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Debian Wheezy? Which version is that? I'll give it a try. I did a little research and was able to solve one of my problems by downgrading to Ubuntu 13.10, but was still unable to get the AP to broadcast.

Debian 7 is "Wheezy". 7.8 appears to be the latest version, you can get it from http://www.debian.org. Try it out and see. If you're still running in to problems it could be your wireless card doesn't support broadcasting, but that's extremely rare AFAIK.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone managed to get it working on windows 8.1 yet using the nzone.exe method or any other using the latest 3ds version?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what virtual network program can be used that will allow for an unencrypted security for homepass? I haven't been following the last couple of pages so I apologize.

larsy1995

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I am having an issue with the page 10 dd-wrt script. My router is a netgear R6250, it is in gateway mode. When I change the mac addresses manually streetpass works fine, but the script itself seems to do nothing.
This is what my wireless looks like:
nCiraKY.png

Erdnal

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all, i would need some help with making homepass works on ubuntu, i get this error :

Code:
X@Y:~$ sudo /tmp/nzone.sh BASE256,GBATEMP

insserv: warning: script 'K01nzone' missing LSB tags and overrides

insserv: warning: script 'nzone' missing LSB tags and overrides

starting nzone

Already running

I use ubuntu 14.10, and wlan0 is my wifi card connected to internet, and wlan1 is an usb wifi card (RT5370 driver : rt2800usb). There is no attwifi network being created anywhere.

Anybody can advice me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol