• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am hoping someone can help with my problem, I just started trying to homepass roughly a week ago and during my first attempt using the manual method i got hits for the prime MAC's and got some new villagers for Bravely default, the following day i tried to setup nzone.exe to auto rotate mac's throughout the day but with that i received a total of 3 hits over the course of an entire day, since that time i have tried both Nzone and manual changing of Mac's with absolutely no hits anywhere over the past 5 days. I am currently using windows 8.1 on a laptop that is plugged in via ethernet for its connection, i have created the virtual connection and verified that it changes Mac's at current the only games on my 3DS that use streetpass are Fire Emblem: Awakening and Bravely Default. thus far neither have received a hit though occasionally the blue light on my 3DS will come on like it has connected, when connected to attwifi it is both sending and receiving and i get full connection to the internet though NZone on the 3DS does not light up or detect anything, it did do that on the first day. the 3DS does flash streetpass in the top left corner every time i open it up before switching over to saying internet. I am running out of options and could really use some help.

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
I think this needs a bit of clarification here because I've seen it mentioned a few times now, if you're connecting to 'attwifi', the Nintendo Zone Viewer icon will NOT glow anymore. The reason for this is that it is no longer flagged on the 3DS system as a Nintendo Zone capable hotspot, despite being an open Street/Spot Pass network relay. If you look here you will notice that the 'attwifi' service has the 'IsZone' flag set to TRUE (1), but as of the 9.0.0 system update that flag has been changed to FALSE (0). I don't know the reason for this, that's a question to ask Nintendo themselves, but all it means is the Nintendo Zone app won't glow or connect if you open it. This doesn't mean your StreetPass relay doesn't work. If your system shows you that you have internet connectivity despite not having any connections set up in settings, you're connected and should receive Street/Spot Pass data.

Reactions: hamstrman

Calith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this needs a bit of clarification here because I've seen it mentioned a few times now, if you're connecting to 'attwifi', the Nintendo Zone Viewer icon will NOT glow anymore. The reason for this is that it is no longer flagged on the 3DS system as a Nintendo Zone capable hotspot, despite being an open Street/Spot Pass network relay. If you look here you will notice that the 'attwifi' service has the 'IsZone' flag set to TRUE (1), but as of the 9.0.0 system update that flag has been changed to FALSE (0). I don't know the reason for this, that's a question to ask Nintendo themselves, but all it means is the Nintendo Zone app won't glow or connect if you open it. This doesn't mean your StreetPass relay doesn't work. If your system shows you that you have internet connectivity despite not having any connections set up in settings, you're connected and should receive Street/Spot Pass data.

Thank you for the response, For my homepass setup i followed guide #2 for windows 7/8 back on page 1 of this topic. in that it stated to set up my DS to connect with the attwifi network and so thus far i have been connected as such, upon deleting my connection i no longer get any form of internet connection and so once again find myself a bit confused. i am using Mac Shift and Virtual router manager as explained in that guide to manually change mac addresses and thus far have gotten no connectivity or streetpass's is there a better guide to follow or have i just messed up on some step somewhere?

fathobbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Page 1 is out of date. If you try to set up a secure network with hewer firmware, you will not get streetpass stuff. It has to be an open network for homepass to work. On page one, find instead the "Read me first" link and try those instructions.

Calith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, sitting at around 15 new villagers for Bravely default and everything seems to be kicking off nicely, hopefully it keeps going like this.

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I learned this the frustrating way. Hoping and praying and trying every method and wondering why, despite what every YouTube video said, despite reading the methods here, that it wouldn't glow. Glad to get confirmation - I figured it was just my method or my 3DS. But hey, it works, so who cares?

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a sidenote, I will be visiting the one and only NintendoWorld tomorrow! It's an hour from my apartment and I have a doctor's appointment. I used to go pick up 10-12 pieces every 2 months over there. Ahhh, the good ol' days. :nds:

Reactions: Lord Boogie

Soluna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having Homepass problems again :( It worked fine up until around 3-4 days ago, and then it suddenly stopped working without me changing anything (at least knowingly). maccheck still shows that my adapter is able to change addresses and I've downloaded and started using the newest nzone.exe, but my Homepass still doesn't work. I am using the Windows method, and I am on Windows 8.1. I can provide the netsh.exe file if needed. Thanks!

Actually, now that I think about it, around 3-4 days ago is when I installed a bunch of Windows updates; I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So basicly windows users are screwed and don't have a chance to make homepass work?

I don't have a router where I could flash a dd firmware, don't have android devices and neither are my wlan dongles linux compatible.
Every wifi app I found just provide wpa2 encryption and no option to disable it. (I bet they all are using netsh commandlines, which - OH what a coincidence - only supports wpa2, too)

fathobbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basicly windows users are screwed and don't have a chance to make homepass work?

I don't have a router where I could flash a dd firmware, don't have android devices and neither are my wlan dongles linux compatible.
Every wifi app I found just provide wpa2 encryption and no option to disable it. (I bet they all are using netsh commandlines, which - OH what a coincidence - only supports wpa2, too)
On page one, find the "Read me first" link and try the Windows section of those instructions. All of the other instructions on page one are outdated. Someone should really update page 1...

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
On page one, find the "Read me first" link and try the Windows section of those instructions. All of the other instructions on page one are outdated. Someone should really update page 1...

If you mean this link: BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE Try this MASSIVE guides and scripts by Duke_Srg (for linux/windows/DD-WRT)

Then I'm screwed. That script that guy wrote doesn't work with my hardware. I only have WLAN n (Realtek and Belkin) adapter lying here around and they are neither supported by those scripts nor by linux (fw not available and Ndiswrapper not working).

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean this link: BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE Try this MASSIVE guides and scripts by Duke_Srg (for linux/windows/DD-WRT)

Then I'm screwed. That script that guy wrote doesn't work with my hardware. I only have WLAN n (Realtek and Belkin) adapter lying here around and they are neither supported by those scripts nor by linux (fw not available and Ndiswrapper not working).

Do you have a realtek usb adapter or is that your motherboard lan connection? If you have a realtek usb adapter, what is the chipset/driver version number as I can possibly give you a way to do it on Win7.

DaftMink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone be able to help with the auto MAC cycling script?
Followed the guide using a Linksys e2000 router, but can't seem to get the script to download via wget.

If someone could post a copy of the nzone.sh file I could probably take it from there.

Dumb me, forgot to set a default gateway after swapping over to dd-wrt.
Everything's up and working fine, thanks everyone.

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
... I only have WLAN n (Realtek and Belkin) adapter lying here around and they are neither supported by those scripts nor by linux (fw not available and Ndiswrapper not working).

If either of those adapters have a Broadcom chipset, they should be supported by the Broadcom stack on Linux, I think the package is 'b43' or 'bc43', something like that. I haven't fiddled with a Linux distro in a few months so I can't remember exactly, but you should be able to find a .deb for it for Ubuntu or Debian.

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
for the router method, I have to leave the wireless security off right?

Any one have ideas for being able to leave the router on without people using my internet connection?

The most common is to use MAC Access Control Lists (which I'm certain MUST be a feature available on DD-WRT since my crappy Chinese router supports it). Just set up an ACL with only the MAC address of your (and your friends', if you want) 3DS's. You can find out what your 3DS's MAC is by navigating to Settings > Internet Settings > Other Information > Confirm MAC Address. Make sure the ACL is set to 'Allow', obviously, otherwise you'll deny your 3DS connectivity while everyone else has free reign! :P Also, make sure you add the MAC of whichever device you use to configure your router (unless you want to configure it only via your DS).

It's not perfect security, since a simple packet sniffer can find out the MACs allowed to connect and then spoof them, but the general population isn't going to know how to do that. ;)

Reactions: bluebright

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys please can someone let us know which methods actually still work? It would be good to get a new working thread rather than everyone trying to troubleshoot their way through and failing.

I think the Windows method on 9.5 no longer works either by using nzone.exe or the method in the first post. I've had it working several times before and now it will not. Does the raspberry pi method work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: