Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try using a ssid of NZ@McD1

otherwise you may need to do a send/receive on all the MAC addresses you normally visit. Evidently nintendo was trying to crack down on homepass and made it so that attwifi is no longer the ssid associated with the "Nintendo Zone", though attwifi will still work for non-official MAC's like the individual shirt-color ones (again, you may need to visit each and every one before you start getting hits back. Something to do with "old data" or "old outdated data" from 3ds's with version 7 or lower no longer being accepted.)

edit: oh, and it can take up to a day while everyone else is re-seeding their mii to various MAC's.

I change my ssid to NZ@Mcd1 and im getting tags now thanks!

SergioSnchez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
how is that? %)

Mi inglés no es muy bueno. NintendoSpotPass5 funciona con clave wifi y si no pones la clave wifi te funciona el nintendo zone UK. My English is not very good. NintendoSpotPass5 key works with wifi and if you put the wifi key does the nintendo zone UK.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, when I didn't get any hits via "_The Cloud" or "attwifi", I thought "aw, man. No more homepassing". Tried "NZ@McD1" last night with 100 MACs from my 475 entries list and I got some/many/I dunno how many tho hits, so that's pretty sweet. It doesn't seem to work with my router's second AP tho (unless all the data on the MACs got somehow removed to start anew or something or no 9.x users left theirs on that MAC yet).
What I was using tonight: Windows 8.1, my own batch cycler I posted somewhere here sometime, NZ@McD1 with key "homepass".

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still use my own dd-wrt cycle script with attwifi ssid.

Ran it for half an hour and maxed streetpass hits for ssb. Works like a charm.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
The Windows XP method is no longer working. ASUS WLAN Card Settings does not report any Transmitted data. The Event Log reports the following pattern:
Code:
[Time]: Restart Access Point
[T+Random]: Restart Access Point
[T+Random]: STA [3DS MAC] associated
[T+10s]: STA [3DS MAC] left this BSS
MACycle performs as expected. No StreetPass Relay is achieved.

This is seemingly fixed by removing the WEP security, which is a change from how this method originally operated.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I made a tool to quickly check the real MAC change abilities of your wireless adapter driver in Windows.
Just download it from http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/maccheck.cmd (If you can't download, check your browser security) and launch from the command line like this
Code:
maccheck.cmd "your wireless network connection name"
It will work for about 3 minutes, during this time the selected connection will be toggled off and on many times.
Some explanations about the result.
:toot: Any MAC - well, you're lucky
:) With bit1=0 you do not have limitation for a streetpass, all hardware MACs have this value
:mellow: With bit2=1 you can use only the same locally set like Prime MACs but native Nintendo Zone and other users hardware MACs just can't be set by the driver, it will either fallback to the hardware MAC or change it with something different. So once again, DO NOT use any hardware MACs in that case.
:O If the result is a limited number of MACs, in most cases with any common MACs available you're able to get streetpasses from the people with the same drivers. The only thing we can do is to select the most common MACs for the variety of such drivers to be the new Prime MACs. So just PM me the output and I'll gather it all.
:cry: If can't change, well, you can only report your MAC so others can visit you. No, you can't try other macshift/MacCycle/Mac-whatever- all are working over the driver which was just checked for the real MAC change.

Reactions: signz

RapierDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
White and Black MAC's almost done. Was up late doing all the other olors, and had to go out today for an eye-doctor appointment (by bus), so hopefully these will be complete within an hour.

I'll update what the black shirt Matt mii has for a hat once I get to that point. White is up to xx=a2 so far.

white done... 4E:53:50:4F:4F:XX where xx is a0 to af
... Matt with a white shirt and boo (ghost) hat, saying "white shirt MAC"

black done... 4E:53:50:4F:4F:XX where xx is b0 to bf
... Matt with a black shirt and black "Top Hat" hat, saying "black shirt MACs"

I will pop on and off the various color-shirt MAC's over the next few days, and I will do my best to set my mii to the right shirt-color and saying each time. Once I start seeing lots of hits again I'll make a post here.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
For NZ@MCd1 SSID Nintendo definitely shares the existing streetpasses, just got a 6-pack at Mii Plaza and 1 Tekken streetpass from the private non-listed MAC.

Updated the manual in post on p.10 with the MAC check instructions, German MAC list and SSID

SepherYetzirah

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
Romania
Hey, Duke! After trying for two days I actually managed to get it working last night. I used a DD-WRT router and I actually managed to get some streetpasses. I am little confused about your script that I must run in administration. Could you please answer me some questions?

Does the second version of the script only cycle macs at night and the first version all the time?!
In this command, "*/30****root", does 30 mean minutes that pass until the mac changes?
And how could I check if my wireless mac actually changes?! Where can I check to see if the script works?!

Thank you so much, you've been of great help!

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thank you so much, you've been of great help!
There is only one active version of the script. The difference is nzone.sh is the install script wich may be used on DD-WRT aswell as Asus WL500-series router and Linux. This script must be run only one on install (or on update). It generates nzone script individually for your device, which is then used to change MACs periodically.
By default the script runs every minute and checks if it is time to change MAC, or not. It depends on how many MACs in your selected lists total to ensure all of them used once in 8 hours streetpass cooldown period. If you have only BASE16 the mac will be changed be 60*8/16=30 minutes, but script itself will run every minute by default. For BASE256 is about 2 minutes. Yes, you can set in cron */30 * * * * and the script will run only twice per hour. But I strongly recommend to set it to run every minute but it night like this * 0-7 * * * - it will run from 0:00 to 07:59, 8 hours total, so you will visit ALL (well, upto 480) MACs by night and get your streetpasses full, even for the Pokemon with streetpass slots. While setting */30 * * * * will annoy you the whole day with the disconnections, but will only get 48 streetpasses maximum! If you wish periodically get the Mii Plaza visits during the day and your DD-WRT router have a button (WPS/SES/EZSETUP), you can also set * * * * * in cron and use a button to toggle the job on and off, my script already supports this feature

To check the script is changing MACs just run in the telnet
ifconfig `nvram get wl0_ifname`
it will show the actual MAC (comparing with on in the WEB gui, which shows the default configured one)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Duke_srg, I already use your script with a DD-WRT router. Do I need to change anything?

Yes, better repeat the installation procedure. If you are using too old version it may fail to set several MACs which is distributed with SSID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1