• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well, for some reason, today I'm getting this error again: http://imgur.com/StAAtBs
I don't understand why... it's the last version of nzone.vbs, I even redownloaded it.

Well, this happens when the AP is started somehow with the MAC which differs from the requested one. This may happed because of the Windows restricts setting the MAC other than locally administered unicast (i.e. low 2 bits of the first octet a fixed with 10b) and this issue was fixed previously, taking in the account various driver behaviour. The second issue that some network manufacturer drivers limits the other bit setting in the first octet, which is not standartized at all. I tried to fix it, update and check if the error occurs.

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, this happens when the AP is started somehow with the MAC which differs from the requested one. This may happed because of the Windows restricts setting the MAC other than locally administered unicast (i.e. low 2 bits of the first octet a fixed with 10b) and this issue was fixed previously, taking in the account various driver behaviour. The second issue that some network manufacturer drivers limits the other bit setting in the first octet, which is not standartized at all. I tried to fix it, update and check if the error occurs.

I'm still getting the same error :/

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Then anytime you've fgot an error make a
wmic nic
and compare MAC address of a hostednetwork interface and physical wifi interface. Somehow they are out of sync

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanting to do this under Ubuntu, but trying both 12.04 and 14.04 I get something similar to this message:
"rt2800usb is not supported".

That's what I'm using for my internet connection, while my laptop's internal WiFi is supposed to be able to handle the 3DS stuff. Running a test involving hostapd with instructions from another page, I can confirm that the internal WiFi is detected at least.

Is there a way to make rt2800usb be supported?

ShinRaphael

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got it from here.

I used the newest driver listed there. I had go to manual install and then pick my device and lastly there is a place near the bottom where you can browse for the driver.

can you please help me install the latest driver? i dont know how and i cant change my mac adress back without getting a BSOD

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have this mostly set up on my Laptop Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) via Ethernet. I can connect to the AP via Wi-fi and the ninendo zone shows up, however I have gotten no streetpasses when switching MACs (Using MACycle 1.4)
Did I misconfigure something that specifically would cause this to happen?

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have this mostly set up on my Laptop Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) via Ethernet. I can connect to the AP via Wi-fi and the ninendo zone shows up, however I have gotten no streetpasses when switching MACs (Using MACycle 1.4)
Did I misconfigure something that specifically would cause this to happen?
Haha so funny I just posted the exact same thing on the MACycle thread, hopefully we can figure out where we went wrong, using the same setup as u except I used a wifi connection as my main connection rather than ethernet cord. However it should still work. I might try doing this with a hardwired setup but I have a feeling that's not the problem.
I'll restart my PC just to make sure all changes went through properly and check back here occasionally since I don't see why it wouldn't work at this point.

EDIT: Set it up with a wired connection and it worked. I don't know why it doesn't work via my Wi-Fi card :(

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So I'm trying to use the Windows 7/8 Tutorial (I have Windows 7) and it just doesn't seem to want to work. However, I'm using the wireless card that is built into my laptop as opposed to buying a wireless adapter. Could that be the cause of the problem? My Wireless Network Connection is called "Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Well
f3ar000,MassiveRican,Ericzander

Guys, have you tried my script at p.10? It is easier than enything else for Windows 7+
I got everything working, I've already gotten just under 30 hits thank to your tut. I'll check out your script as well maybe that way I don't have to have the Ethernet cord running across the middle of my living room lol. I'd love to be able to set this up via my internal wifi card and my USB wifi adapter like I originally attempted. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks again.

P.S. After I set up the relay point I use MACycle, can I still use your script with that or would it be used separately?

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Well
I got everything working, I've already gotten just under 30 hits thank to your tut. I'll check out your script as well maybe that way I don't have to have the Ethernet cord running across the middle of my living room lol. I'd love to be able to set this up via my internal wifi card and my USB wifi adapter like I originally attempted. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks again.

P.S. After I set up the relay point I use MACycle, can I still use your script with that or would it be used separately?
Duke's script is a ALL IN ONE script, it means it doesnt need anything else.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hey guys so using a variety of methods, I was finally able to successfully get it to work using the DD-WRT method! I noticed that there weren't any video guides that I could find on how to get the DD-WRT method to work (in fact the only guide I could see would be the three imgur images). So I decided to make one! I'd appreciate any feedback from you guys.

If it's good enough it'd be awesome to be linked in the OP as another guide. If not that's fine. I'm just glad that I got it to work. You guys are effing awesome!

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey guys so using a variety of methods, I was finally able to successfully get it to work using the DD-WRT method! I noticed that there weren't any video guides that I could find on how to get the DD-WRT method to work

Great guide for novices. But if one wants to get a hompass more than three times a day my script does most of these work automatically :)

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
You know, I tried using the script from the 10th page to see what would happen but I couldn't get it to work. Granted I didn't try very hard. But you can only have a maximum of 9 or 10 in your plaza before they accept more anyway right? So I'm under the impression that you'd still have to keep opening and closing your 3DS for a script to work. Unless I'm wrong there too.

On another note, I'm having a little trouble with getting the Color Specific codes to work. I used the mac addresses for the light blue and white shirts (I wore the correct shirt each time btw ;) ) but I was unable to get a hit on either. Maybe it's something really simple that I can't figure out.

See the mac address for white is "4E:53:50:4F:43:A0-AF" so I put in "4E:53:50:4F:43:AF" and got nothing. I also tried "4E:53:50:4F:43:A0" should I be using one in the middle? Can anyone give me a specific one to try or tell me how I'm screwing up? I can get every other homepass hit just fine. Thanks again!

JohnnyPhantom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBATEMP - custom addresses from GBATEMP users static MAC adresses.
hit Apply Settings. Now your router will change to a random MAC from a selected list every 10 minutes starting from 1:00 to 7:50
Changelog 24.04 4.0 script is the main now. Stability fixes and more

Hey Duke, could you tell me what I need to enter in
Insert script in Administration - Commands
and
In Administration - Management - Cron insert:

For the V4 script, I've seen a few folks talk and mention the V4 but all I can seem to find is the V2, sorry if this is super obvious and I'm just missing it :/

I've also tried restoring my DD-WRT router to factory settings, telnetting in and then I enter the command "wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP" but I just get

root@DD-WRT:~# wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmo
d +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP

-sh: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found

I could be doing this wrong though, I'm kinda new at this
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Kyru

Trophies
XP
Country
so ive been following elridge method on homepass step by step but my 3ds cant connect to the internet, so ive been wondering what am i doing wrong?
this is what i have for wifi adapter http://support.linksys.com/en-mea/support/adapters/AE6000
and this is my router http://support.linksys.com/en-mea/support/routers/E4200
i wonder if my wifi adapter have anything to do to prevent me from connecting to the internent?
any tips? i could use any help i can get at this point, been doing this forever...

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey Duke, could you tell me what I need to enter in
I've also tried restoring my DD-WRT router to factory settings, telnetting in and then I enter the command "wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP" but I just get

root@DD-WRT:~# wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmo
d +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP

-sh: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found

This should be enough to get a homepass running. The error is most probably because of either you have a DD-WRT micro or severeal build withoud wget or your router is in a wireless bridge mode and DNS server is not specified in that case. So fitst check your DD-WRT build type and build version and then check if DNS server settings is configured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo