• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
so ive been following elridge method on homepass step by step but my 3ds cant connect to the internet, so ive been wondering what am i doing wrong?
this is what i have for wifi adapter http://support.linksys.com/en-mea/support/adapters/AE6000
and this is my router http://support.linksys.com/en-mea/support/routers/E4200
i wonder if my wifi adapter have anything to do to prevent me from connecting to the internent?
any tips? i could use any help i can get at this point, been doing this forever...

You can easily update your router with DD-WRT firmware and get hompasses directly from the router.

Ultrachad

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, can someone help me? I've tried several methods now, but I can't get any streetpasses. I've tried both the router, the Windows, and the Android methods. Every single time, I manage to set everything up nicely. I even get a message in my 3DS that says "Nintendo Zone is available in this location", but I never get any streetpasses. I've tried keeping the lid open and closed, cycled through several set of MACs, I've tried this several days (assuming I just have bad luck and there aren't any Miis when I go through the MAC), but I can't find a solution. I don't think I'm doing something wrong, 'cause if I were, I wouldn't get the "Nintendo Zone is available in this location" message. Any help?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
'cause if I were, I wouldn't get the "Nintendo Zone is available in this location" message. Any help?
3DS zone detection is based on SSID of the AP. To get streetpasses this AP also MUST allow 3DS to connect to the internet AND have one of the MACs used to exchange streetpasses. Have you tried my Windows 7 method, the first one in the first post.

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have been tryong to get this to work on my phone. I have a galaxy s4. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Wifi tether just keeps giving me an error. My phone is rooted. I did the auto auto methed. I tried wlan0 and auto. I tried galaxy s4 and auto. All error out.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Since I started Homepassing I have really been flying through the plaza games, 100% finished all but Streetpass Garden just got that to go... come on Nintendo get me Streetpass Mansion 2 damnit!

kSelDXt.jpg

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So I'm having a little trouble getting the automatic relay switching to work with my DD-WRT firmware router. I'm using the guide on page 10.

Here's the post for clarification:

Router instructions:
- open a Telnet/SSH client and execute
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP
(alternatively you can do this in a DD-WRT WEB GUI Administration - Commands or WL500G WEB GUI Setup - System Command)
- wait for the Homepass
So I go to DD-WRT - Administration - Commands and then copy and paste wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP and then press "Run Commands" and I get this message

3896008696.png

Now I'm fairly sure I'm just grossly misreading the instructions but can anyone give me a hand? Thanks!

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I decided to do mac switching via a internal script rather than that nzone.sh internet script since I think the site is dead
The site is working, it just moved to another hostname several month ago, and scripts was updated, just need to reinstall.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well I'll give it another shot, however...

How often does it change mac address?
It depends which lists you have choosen to visit all MACs during 8 hours streetpass cooldown period. It is running from cron so you can set the minimal possible interval with it.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Oh so that's really the only problem? It was challenging enough to get the micro build on my router (I actually bricked it and spent a hell of a long time trying to recover it). I could probably do it, but it may not be worth the hassle. At least now I know the cause so I don't keep trying the script. Thanks!

Edit: And I'm using a Linksys WRT54G v6.0 and it looks like micro is the only version listed on the website anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Psis youtube box