• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionith

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey guys, been reading here for 3 days. First of all a big thank you. Yesterday I finally managed to set up my first Nintendo Zone through the Win 7 method, but I was unable to connect and called it a night. Some things still aren't clear to me, do you need to be able to connect with the Nintendo Zone to get a pass hit? Because again, I could see it and it was pulsing on my 3DS, but could not connect with it. On average, how long does it take to get a hit? I left my 3DS in sleep mode for an hour while connected to the attwifi SSID and got nothing. I tried with another MAC and again to no avail.

It isn't a lot of stuff to set up for me, but I'm wondering if it's just easier to go out and buy a DD-WRT compatible router and set that up to try through that method. Because in general it seems like it has less problems from what I've been reading here, and is easier to cycle. Not sure if I'll run into the same problems, but at least it will be easier to set up right?

Brodius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does someone mind connecting to my personal MAC 00:22:75:A7:E9:7A to see if I have set this up properly?

datsui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey guys, been reading here for 3 days. First of all a big thank you. Yesterday I finally managed to set up my first Nintendo Zone through the Win 7 method, but I was unable to connect and called it a night. Some things still aren't clear to me, do you need to be able to connect with the Nintendo Zone to get a pass hit? Because again, I could see it and it was pulsing on my 3DS, but could not connect with it. On average, how long does it take to get a hit? I left my 3DS in sleep mode for an hour while connected to the attwifi SSID and got nothing. I tried with another MAC and again to no avail.

It isn't a lot of stuff to set up for me, but I'm wondering if it's just easier to go out and buy a DD-WRT compatible router and set that up to try through that method. Because in general it seems like it has less problems from what I've been reading here, and is easier to cycle. Not sure if I'll run into the same problems, but at least it will be easier to set up right?

first you will not need to launch the app to get a pass hit just make sure that you follow all instruction on the page and set the connection name and password into your 3ds system connection settings
as the average time to hit for mine is around close to 1 minute

As for the DD-WRT router method i am not too sure about it :(

Ionith

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
first you will not need to launch the app to get a pass hit just make sure that you follow all instruction on the page and set the connection name and password into your 3ds system connection settings
as the average time to hit for mine is around close to 1 minute
Ok, something is not working then for me. Probably has something to do with settings or security but I can't seem to figure it out. I disabled all security on my router and made sure that it had no connections. Deleted the normal connection my 3DS uses and only left the one under the attwifi SSID. Pretty lost now.

datsui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok, something is not working then for me. Probably has something to do with settings or security but I can't seem to figure it out. I disabled all security on my router and made sure that it had no connections. Deleted the normal connection my 3DS uses and only left the one under the attwifi SSID. Pretty lost now.

you are using the windows 7 method right ?
your computer is now connect using wireless or lan cable ?
if lan cable have you set your lab connection sharing with the network card or adapter ?
when launching the CMD have you use the administrator mode ?

Ionith

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you are using the windows 7 method right ?
your computer is now connect using wireless or lan cable ?
if lan cable have you set your lab connection sharing with the network card or adapter ?
when launching the CMD have you use the administrator mode ?

Correct. Internet is coming through an ethernet cable from my modem to my laptop. My router is powered (so I can see it) but has no ethernet cables running to it, and it has no internet connection. I have set my LAN connection to share with the adapter for the virtual router so that it receives an internet connection.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This script will connect to my server and get your selected lists. For now only these lists are available:
BASE1 - the common prime "@SPOOF" address
BASE16 - the common prime 16 addresses range
BASE256 - the prime 256 addresses range
1 to 3 digit number - the country code for Nintendo Zone official hot spot MACS. For now only "49" for USA is available
3 character game CTR code - to have a desired game title streetpass data. See example below or use my compilation of StreetPass CTR codes. Use only CTR codes for the games you have enabled streetpass!
GBATEMP - custom addresses from GBATEMP users static MAC adresses.
Hi, is it possible to see the lists on your server?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, is it possible to see the lists on your server?

Do you mean all available? Not, it is not possible, some of the addresses are generated dynamically. Predefined ones will be listed in my post when added. If you want to add your country code, you can refer here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Country_Codes, it will work with any country as a single MAC untill list created.

Reactions: [Truth]

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any interest in starting up a list or another tab of REAL attwifi MACs in other places like Starbucks? What other places use attwifi? I'm pretty sure I've seen it in Target. I'd like to be ready when Nintendo decides to blacklist these SPOOF addresses. It'd make picking up missing regions a little easier as well.

Since Starbucks is switching to Google Wifi, I wonder if Nintendo will update their code to support the new ssid.

Target uses their own SSID, at least in my local stores.

AT&T stores tend to use "attwifi", shockingly enough. McDonald's seems to be dependent on the owner, as locally at least it's a 50/50 split between "attwifi" and "waypoint_access" (or similar).

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Woo, finally got this working! :D Using the Win 7 Method. I got 3 people, (one from Russia, Poland and Brazil)
If anyone gets me, my Mii is called Jamie and Im wearing the Ultimate Helmet (i think thats its name xD)

Nice guide! (I didnt use a wired connection)

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to connect my old WRT54GL to my new ASUS N56U and use it as a Streetpass Relay? If so, what's the term for it? Bridging? Access Point?
Any instructions on how to do so?

I'm currently using a rooted Android but it's tedious to keep changing my MAC address and the battery drains really fast.

Sorry if this has been asked before, tried Google'ing but no results.

NinjaFish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to connect my old WRT54GL to my new ASUS N56U and use it as a Streetpass Relay? If so, what's the term for it? Bridging? Access Point?
Any instructions on how to do so?
This is exactly what I did last night. I followed the instructions here in order to get the DD-WRT-based router connected to the internet: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point#Long_Version

Those instructions are pretty much step-by-step. When you're setting up, you want to connect a cable from the computer that's doing the setup to a LAN port on the router. For sanity, you should also be disconnected from your primary network. I recommend setting the WRT54GL's IP address to something you can remember so that you can fiddle with its settings from your main network. Once your WRT54GL can connect to the internet, you're ready to apply the StreetPass relay settings to it.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
This is exactly what I did last night. I followed the instructions here in order to get the DD-WRT-based router connected to the internet: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point#Long_Version

Those instructions are pretty much step-by-step. When you're setting up, you want to connect a cable from the computer that's doing the setup to a LAN port on the router. For sanity, you should also be disconnected from your primary network. I recommend setting the WRT54GL's IP address to something you can remember so that you can fiddle with its settings from your main network. Once your WRT54GL can connect to the internet, you're ready to apply the StreetPass relay settings to it.

Wow, thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for, you've been a great help. :)

The Mystical One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Macshift the adapter which is supplying the internet (for me, it's my integrated wifi card), not the virtual router.

Going by your picture, use macshift on Wi-Fi. Should work then, but if it doesn't, try connecting to your router using Wi-Fi not gameboy, and then share the Wi-Fi with the virtual router.

Also, remember to set up the connection on your 3DS. Even though you're Streetpassing, the network is password protected. I hope this wasn't the problem with many of those who have tried this, since it's pretty known that NZones are open, but the created ones has a password (in this case, the password is password).

I've tried all those things myself (and really everything anyone's said.

Firewall off, make sure local (or wifi, or whatever is actually connected to the internet) is shared with virtual, etc. Macshifted the real wifi card... 3DS connects to internet (disabled non-attwifi connections), no streetpasses.

I am using Connectify and when I use macshift on my physical wireless card the fake one (wifi miniport) does not get the mac address change. I am using a wifi sniffer to check the mac of the AP and it is keeping the virtual mac that was created when the miniport was created. Any ideas?

When I check the registry I see the modified MAC but when I pull an ipconfig /all or sniff the wifi in the area I see a different address. Any ideas?
Yes, this. This is what I see too. I keep asking if that's normal, but nobody who has had this work has said if it is so.

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you buy it via the amazon link in the Google doc? I ordered one using that link and it arrives today. I will be pissed if it does not work.
Yes. I think you have to use telnet to do it. The guy who told us this works originally hasnt answered yet though. It denies me every time I try.

datsui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
sorry about the concurrent post anyone can confirm regarding the time period between 2 tags : is it the stated 8 hours or 4 hours ?

Louise Antonio Ramos

Trophies
XP
Country
Is anybody here using OSX mountain lion? I seem to have a problem my 3DS wont connect to the hotspot but if I revert it back to the default mac address it would connect? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyhlqvXzsCE